Bigfoot Evidence
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bigfoot News
Bigfoot Evidence
Bigfoot Evidence
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

cryptid most likely to be discovered first

+5
Tzieth
callmeIshmael
BurdenOfProof
StankApe
scarletme111
9 posters

Go down

cryptid most likely to be discovered first Empty cryptid most likely to be discovered first

Post  scarletme111 Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:34 am

Other than bigfoot what cryptid do you guys thing will be proven to be real the soonest? I think the orang pendek seems to be on the top of most peoples lists
scarletme111
scarletme111

Back to top Go down

cryptid most likely to be discovered first Empty Re: cryptid most likely to be discovered first

Post  StankApe Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:06 pm

It depends,IMO, do you consider the Thylacine a cryptid? (Tasmanian Tiger) They are said to be extinct but rumor and sightings persist that there are still isolated populations. IF you consider it a cryptid, it gets my vote.
StankApe
StankApe

Back to top Go down

cryptid most likely to be discovered first Empty Re: cryptid most likely to be discovered first

Post  scarletme111 Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:48 pm

for some reason i always thought that the Thylacine had already been taken off of the extinct list
scarletme111
scarletme111

Back to top Go down

Post  BurdenOfProof Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:12 pm

I think Joe Black is on the verge of discovering the Dogman.

Well he has already discovered it but he will be the first to show the world mans best friend, the dog(man)!
BurdenOfProof
BurdenOfProof

Back to top Go down

Post  callmeIshmael Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:04 pm

Thylacine is such an interesting animal. I really do hope it is not extinct. I was thinking that it had been removed from the extinct list as well, but I am having a hard time confirming either way. I think that this was a good guess at what would be first. Since extinct animals are categorized as crytids I say this one wins. In 2010 the Ivory Billed Woodpecker was rediscovered in Arkansas. I don't know if it would have been classified a cryptid, but if it was, it was the last discovery I know of.
callmeIshmael
callmeIshmael

Back to top Go down

Post  callmeIshmael Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:44 am

I think that a kangaroo-fox-mutant-hybrid chupacabra will be found first. Laughing
callmeIshmael
callmeIshmael

Back to top Go down

Post  scarletme111 Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:49 am

Wow never herd of that one before...
scarletme111
scarletme111

Back to top Go down

Post  callmeIshmael Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:04 am

I was joking about the article on BFevidence. I had never heard of it either. Just thought it was funny and reminded me of this post.
callmeIshmael
callmeIshmael

Back to top Go down

Post  scarletme111 Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:57 pm

Haha now i wish it was an actual cryptid
scarletme111
scarletme111

Back to top Go down

Post  callmeIshmael Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:36 am

It is, look on the BFEvi. It was posted yesterday
callmeIshmael
callmeIshmael

Back to top Go down

Post  Tzieth Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:08 am

I'd say Chubakabra (However you spell it lol) Only because of the fact that I think multiple unknown mammals are dubbed with this name and video taped and none look like the other and no one really cares lol.

When I first got out of the Army, I tried the civilian version of my MOS (And I sucked at it thanks to the Army doing everything Metric lol) Heavy Equipment Operator. Our Dozer Operator hit what we first thought was a sink hole. Out came these things that then ran across the construction site from the hole. They were about the size of Jack rabbits and moved like Jack rabbits. But they had no hair, had small dog like ears and appeared to be skinned, meaning their flesh was the same color and texture of a deer after you skin it. That pinkish silvery bluish color and you could see their blood vessels as if they had skin but it was transparent. And they had these huge ice-blue eyes that sat on the sides of their heads. There were about six total and one was smashed on the dozer track.

I remember that we peeled it off the dozer track and went back to work. I think the foreman may have called TCU or some near-by University because some guys in a van picked up the carcase and left. We never heard anything else and no one seemed to even care enough to ask. It was "What the hell were those things?" "Hell if I know.. well lets get back to work."

Though nor my self or anyone else on the Construction crew had ever seen these before and most likely since, and they were wired looking, there was no shock value in it. They weren't overly creepy. So if a cryptid is to be found before Bigfoot, i would have to say it would be one of those things. Some small quadreped that may or may not be labeled "Chupacabra"
Tzieth
Tzieth

Back to top Go down

Post  scarletme111 Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:20 am

I think the chupacabra the way it originally was thought of hasnt been seen in a long time ( the bipedal winged type) i cant remember when it started to be thought of as quadropedal. It prolly started with that mangy coyote thing there was a body of.
scarletme111
scarletme111

Back to top Go down

Post  callmeIshmael Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:12 pm

scarletme111 wrote:I think the chupacabra the way it originally was thought of hasnt been seen in a long time ( the bipedal winged type) i cant remember when it started to be thought of as quadropedal. It prolly started with that mangy coyote thing there was a body of.

Thats the one i was talking about half kangaroo half fox or coyote, found in russia somewhere. Just an odd animal.
callmeIshmael
callmeIshmael

Back to top Go down

Post  scarletme111 Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:42 pm

The one i remember originally was more gargoylish than animal. Wings, bipedal, fangs, scaley skin, and red eyes
scarletme111
scarletme111

Back to top Go down

Post  scarletme111 Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:55 pm

Also i remember how difficult the bili ape seems to be to photograph. Thats prolly a great example of a primate that is out there but is hardly ever seen or photographed. I think its especially relevant because of its large size
scarletme111
scarletme111

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Lee Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:26 am

I hate to sound like a politician & dodge a hard question but I'm for any new cryptid discovery. Keeps scientists on their toes & reminds us we don't know everything.

Mr.Lee

Back to top Go down

Post  Squatchmaster G Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:56 am

StankApe wrote:It depends,IMO, do you consider the Thylacine a cryptid? (Tasmanian Tiger) They are said to be extinct but rumor and sightings persist that there are still isolated populations. IF you consider it a cryptid, it gets my vote.

I saw a thylacine last week! Not a live specimen, unfortunately, but a stuffed one in a museum. I managed to get within a few inches of it and have a real close look - it was about the size of a labrador dog and a lot stockier than I would have expected but that might have been due to the taxidermist's poor skill.

I saw two other cryptids the same day: thylacoleo carnifex (extinct marsupial lion, rumoured to still exist) and a giant squid. The thylacoleo had ridiculously large teeth and the squid's body was large enough for me to use as a sleeping bag. They must have been pretty frightening when they were alive.

As to which cryptid will get accepted by science next: that all depends on your definition of cryptids. If you mean "a creature never before described/accepted by science" then there's literally dozens of new species discovered every year, if not hundreds. (There's probably a few living in your belly button right now. You're a cryptid incubator.) Here's links to the Wikipedia articles on mammals and birds that were only described by science in the 2000s.

If you mean "a creature rumoured to exist but not officially recognised" or "a creature thought to be extinct which turns up again" (a relict species) then there's usually at least one of those turning up every few years. The coelocanth is probaby the best known case of a relict species and the Hoan Kiem turtle and the Dingiso are some recent examples of animals known from local stories which turned out to be real animals, although not quite as exotic as the stories had made them out to be.

If you mean "a famous creature like Bigfoot or Nessie which has many eyewitness reports and cryptozoologists have been trying to prove their existence for decades but they're not yet recognised by science" then there's a really long list of those from all over the world (and that's not even a particularly complete list).

As for which cryptid might next be proved to exist: I wouldn't be surprised if the Orang Pendek was found to be a previously unknown type of ape.
Squatchmaster G
Squatchmaster G

Back to top Go down

cryptid most likely to be discovered first Empty Mohsin

Post  ahsin malik Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:41 am

{{{{{{{{{{ This post is so nice and cute }}}}}}}}}

ahsin malik

Back to top Go down

Post  CoolStoryDude Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:17 pm

The Chupacabra may be a Samson Fox.

cryptid most likely to be discovered first 060321_tyco_fox_big

CoolStoryDude

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down