Bigfoot Evidence
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bigfoot News
Bigfoot Evidence
Bigfoot Evidence
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

What do you think is the "Squatchiest" Region?

+6
Danny Squatchanini
Papa Bear
GT3Paul
letsfindem
StankApe
callmeIshmael
10 posters

Go down

What do you think is the "Squatchiest" Region? Empty What do you think is the "Squatchiest" Region?

Post  callmeIshmael Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:24 pm

Sasquatch is reported all over America and Canada, but where do you think BF is most likely to inhabit (or have the most inhabitants)? I am a native of the Pacific Northwest , a well established stomping ground for ol' sasquatch, but how about the Canadian Rockies, or the Sierra Nevada's? I'll list some of the regions with the most activity and you guys pick where you think you are most likely to find sasquatch.
callmeIshmael
callmeIshmael

Back to top Go down

What do you think is the "Squatchiest" Region? Empty Re: What do you think is the "Squatchiest" Region?

Post  StankApe Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:38 pm

g

Last edited by StankApe on Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
StankApe
StankApe

Back to top Go down

What do you think is the "Squatchiest" Region? Empty PNW all the way..

Post  letsfindem Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:17 pm

I voted for the PNW as well. There is such a diversity here strenching between the three states and large, unpopulated tracts of land that in my opinion, holds the largest sasquatch popultion overall. Plus, im from WA state so i am kinda impartial in the voting.. Very Happy That being said, there are tons of "squatchy" areas all over North America. Hopefully I will get a chance to explore it all!
letsfindem
letsfindem

Back to top Go down

What do you think is the "Squatchiest" Region? Empty Re: What do you think is the "Squatchiest" Region?

Post  callmeIshmael Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:21 pm

All valid points, I admit to being slightly partial as well (P town) Wink
callmeIshmael
callmeIshmael

Back to top Go down

What do you think is the "Squatchiest" Region? Empty P-town?

Post  letsfindem Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:23 pm

Idk what p-town you are refering to but im from puyallup.
letsfindem
letsfindem

Back to top Go down

Post  callmeIshmael Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:24 pm

I was talking about Portland letsfindem
callmeIshmael
callmeIshmael

Back to top Go down

Post  letsfindem Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:27 pm

Figured as much. Just checking though. Behind the PNW, what do you think is the Squachyiest?
letsfindem
letsfindem

Back to top Go down

Post  StankApe Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:31 pm

g

StankApe
StankApe

Back to top Go down

Post  GT3Paul Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:44 pm

The Pacific Northwest might include California if you hadnt ever been out there. From
everything I have been reading lately right now the most real active place is East Texas and some of Western Louisiana.
I am not at liberty to reveal why or by whom.

Last edited by GT3Paul on Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total
GT3Paul
GT3Paul
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  letsfindem Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:48 pm

[quote="GT3Paul"]The Pacific Northwest might included California if you hadnt ever been out there. From
everything I have been reading lately right now the most real active place is East Texas and some of Western Louisiana.
I am not at liberty to reveal why or by whom.[/quote
Ive been to south central cali but thats about it. From what Ive heard though, with all of the recent news, sounds like northern cali and the sierras might be the place to be. Would LOVE to get down there and do some squatching sometime!
letsfindem
letsfindem

Back to top Go down

Post  StankApe Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:59 pm

g

StankApe
StankApe

Back to top Go down

Post  GT3Paul Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:15 am

The Sierras run from south central California up the eastern side. The Coastal region has the area where the PGF was made and the Hoopa Project Book was taken from. The Klamath mountains are on the northwestern coastal areas and are what I would include into the PNW. The Sierras not so much. The western side of
the Sierras fall into the San Joaquin Valley that stretches over to the Coastal mountains. So I dont know if the Sierras are really included in the PNW
They are Pretty mountains though from top to bottom. I would love to spend a couple months just cruising down 395 from Reno to Tehachapi and spend time
in all the little mountain towns.
GT3Paul
GT3Paul
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Papa Bear Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:37 am

CA’s northwest contiguous, ends in the mountains north of Redding CA. and parts of Lassen. from the coast, eastward to the modoc national forest. the mt. range parallels the Cascade Range of OR and WA respectively. I just camped in these mountains and going back this weekend……. and without a doubt they are out here.
Papa Bear
Papa Bear

Back to top Go down

Post  Danny Squatchanini Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:55 am

You didn't put in NYC. You go to my gym and you see BFs in the locker rooms all the time. Man! These guys are hairy!!
Danny Squatchanini
Danny Squatchanini

Back to top Go down

Post  Danny Squatchanini Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:56 am

Western LA would be like Texarkana, the Foulke Monster aka-Boggy Creek
Danny Squatchanini
Danny Squatchanini

Back to top Go down

What do you think is the "Squatchiest" Region? Empty All the regions mentioned could fall under a category listed

Post  callmeIshmael Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:56 am

All the regions you guys named are valid. Lots of Northern Cali definately is PNW, Texarkana could be lumped in with the Texas/Oklahoma group (I should have mentioned west LA in the name), and by NY I believe you mean the Adirondacks which would be upper Appalachian. There were only 10 fields so I tried to make them as encompassing as I could think of, including the regions with the most sightings.

There definately are some squatches at my gym here in portland to! lol

Last edited by callmeIshmael on Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : reread your post squachanini)
callmeIshmael
callmeIshmael

Back to top Go down

Post  Tzieth Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:39 am

I voted for PNW because my possible encounter was here and I now reside here in Vancouver, Washington. But I think my native Texas is a good possibility. I am shocked that so far no one voted Florida lol. Is this because Fasano lives there? lol
Tzieth
Tzieth

Back to top Go down

Post  callmeIshmael Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:59 pm

Thanks for the vote Heath. I lived in the "couv" for a while too. Up in the Gifford Pinchot is great place to hike, and supposedly lots of sights there as well. I am trying to work with Guy at BFLC to get meetings in the Portland area started again, I will let you know when that happens. I want a more personal way of hearing about sightings and possible leads. It seems to me that the BFRO database is slowing down possibly, I'm not sure that it is getting the attention (to maintenance) it got before all of the tv show stuff. If you haven't checked out the database though there are some awesome stories from right outside the 'couv' in yacolt and moulton falls, etc.
As for Florida I am surprised as well, I thought it would be popular. I do think that Fasano has made of mockery of the whole thing and soured a lot of peoples taste for skunk ape.
All of this being said, I intentionally phrased the question 'most likely'.

Last edited by callmeIshmael on Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional info)
callmeIshmael
callmeIshmael

Back to top Go down

What do you think is the "Squatchiest" Region? Empty What Do You Think Is The Squatchiest Region?

Post  girl56 Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:47 pm

The reason I voted the PNW is because whenever you look at sightings' maps that is where they seem to be really concentrated. That being said, you have researchers such as Freeman Young (whom I greatly respect) whose encounters are in the most unlikely places. I guess that would be a topic for another time. Smile

girl56

Back to top Go down

Post  Tzieth Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:26 pm

callmeIshmael wrote:Thanks for the vote Heath. I lived in the "couv" for a while too. Up in the Gifford Pinchot is great place to hike, and supposedly lots of sights there as well. I am trying to work with Guy at BFLC to get meetings in the Portland area started again, I will let you know when that happens. I want a more personal way of hearing about sightings and possible leads. It seems to me that the BFRO database is slowing down possibly, I'm not sure that it is getting the attention (to maintenance) it got before all of the tv show stuff. If you haven't checked out the database though there are some awesome stories from right outside the 'couv' in yacolt and moulton falls, etc.
As for Florida I am surprised as well, I thought it would be popular. I do think that Fasano has made of mockery of the whole thing and soured a lot of peoples taste for skunk ape.
All of this being said, I intentionally phrased the question 'most likely'.

Yuk.. I hate that word "The Couve" They were seriously thinking of changing the name to "The Couve" during the winter Olympics because too many foreigners were coming here confusing it with Vancouver B.C. They made these shirts that said "Vancouver, Not B.C. in Washington, Not D.C. near Portland, Oregon not Maine"

Yes I read all the reports for here in Clark County Very Happy But I haven't been on BFRO in a while
Tzieth
Tzieth

Back to top Go down

Post  callmeIshmael Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:12 pm

I'm more of a "Vantucky" guy myself.
callmeIshmael
callmeIshmael

Back to top Go down

What do you think is the "Squatchiest" Region? Empty "Squatchiest?"

Post  jpwooden Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:53 pm

Ohio is has 3 of the top ten counties in the country for reported sightings going back over 100 years. Granted the Pacific NW tends to be a favorite of everyones but the PNW is a VERY large area. We have many more sitings if you take down to sitings per square mile, hence a much better opportunity to come across one. Check out reports from Summit County, and Portage County Ohio.

jpwooden

Back to top Go down

What do you think is the "Squatchiest" Region? Empty I made a mistake

Post  Virgil_Caine Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:01 pm

I voted PNW but then realised that I should have voted Alaska. If the PNW is favourite because it is sparsely populated and remote then Alaska beats it on all counts. Also it's vast and joins vast tracts of Canada, also vast and sparse. Maybe people voted for the region with most sightings, but there aren't as many sightings from Alaska as people don't go there due to the very reasons BF would be attracted to it. People not going there woudl also be a plus for BF, if it exists.

Virgil_Caine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum