Bigfoot News
Bigfoot Evidence
Bigfoot Evidence
RSS feeds


Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 



Bigfoot, Bears, Cougars and other predators

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Bigfoot, Bears, Cougars and other predators

Post  StankApe on Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:55 pm

g


Last edited by StankApe on Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
StankApe

Posts : 351
Join date : 2012-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bigfoot, Bears, Cougars and other predators

Post  StankApe on Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:06 pm

g


Last edited by StankApe on Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
StankApe

Posts : 351
Join date : 2012-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bigfoot, Bears, Cougars and other predators

Post  CMcMillan on Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:31 pm

StankApe wrote:ahhh, here's a good analogy:


If aliens landed here with all the big Hollywood ultra technology (hyper advanced weaponry of which we had no answer) yet were physically very small and fragile. Would you think they were inferior to us because they couldn't beat up Mike Tyson in a fist fight?

Ok thats not a good Analogy sorry.

Since if all they have is the Technology that makes them superior .... Technology can stop working and then they are frail.

Apex predator species occupy the highest trophic level(s) and have a crucial role in maintaining the health of their ecosystems. One study of marine food webs defined apex predators as greater than trophic level four.[5] The apex predator concept is commonly applied in wildlife management, conservation, and ecotourism.
Food chains are often far shorter on land, with the top of the food chain limited to the third trophic level, as where such predators as the big cats, crocodilians, hyenas, wolves, or giant constrictor snakes prey upon large herbivores. Apex predators need not be hypercarnivores. For example, grizzly bears and humans[6] are each apex predators and are omnivores.

Apex predators affect prey species' population dynamics. Where two competing species are in an ecologically unstable relationship, apex predators tend to create stability if they prey upon both.

I do not see Humans as the base definition of Apex we supply no Balance to the Ecosystem.
Main reason Some Humans kill for fun and tropheys.

Now your basing that We as Humans are Apex so Every Human would be on the top would they not.
Do we kill a lot of animals yes~! Can we kill every animal as you say? Well sure NOW we can with Atomic Weapons.

avatar
CMcMillan

Posts : 1097
Join date : 2012-08-05
Location : USA CT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bigfoot, Bears, Cougars and other predators

Post  CMcMillan on Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:34 pm

Also you didn't answer My Question on the Romans and the Lions.
You claim we can kill what ever any time yet many people even with weapons died in the games from Lions.
avatar
CMcMillan

Posts : 1097
Join date : 2012-08-05
Location : USA CT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bigfoot, Bears, Cougars and other predators

Post  DPinkerton on Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:41 pm

YSPR wrote:If Bigfoot is out there, they may be the Apex predator (residing in the forest) especially f they are as intelligent as we make them out to be. So the other animals would have learned over time to avoid them, not because Bigfoot actively hunts other predators, but because they are no easy targets.

Just because you are not an easy target in no way makes you a predator. Is a Blue Whale an apex predator? To be a predator you have to have the temperament as well. Big, strong and the ability to kill anything doesn't make you a predator. You need the drive to do so as well...and from every story of Bigfoot, we can assume it does not have that aggressive drive to be a predator.

DPinkerton

Posts : 171
Join date : 2012-08-14
Location : Colorado

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bigfoot, Bears, Cougars and other predators

Post  SasquaiNation on Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:57 pm

Apex predators (also known as alpha, super, top- or top-level predators) are predators with no predators of their own, residing at the top of their food chain.

a species that kills and eats other animals, but has virtually no predators of its own

There is more than one Apex predator on the planet. Each ecosystem has it's own apex predator.

SasquaiNation

Posts : 200
Join date : 2012-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Apex predators

Post  Blondie1 on Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:08 pm

SasquaiNation wrote:
Apex predators (also known as alpha, super, top- or top-level predators) are predators with no predators of their own, residing at the top of their food chain.

a species that kills and eats other animals, but has virtually no predators of its own

There is more than one Apex predator on the planet. Each ecosystem has it's own apex predator.

+10000000000
avatar
Blondie1

Posts : 344
Join date : 2012-08-05
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bigfoot, Bears, Cougars and other predators

Post  StankApe on Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:25 pm

g


Last edited by StankApe on Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
StankApe

Posts : 351
Join date : 2012-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bigfoot, Bears, Cougars and other predators

Post  YSPR on Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:41 pm

DPinkerton wrote:
YSPR wrote:If Bigfoot is out there, they may be the Apex predator (residing in the forest) especially f they are as intelligent as we make them out to be. So the other animals would have learned over time to avoid them, not because Bigfoot actively hunts other predators, but because they are no easy targets.

Just because you are not an easy target in no way makes you a predator. Is a Blue Whale an apex predator? To be a predator you have to have the temperament as well. Big, strong and the ability to kill anything doesn't make you a predator. You need the drive to do so as well...and from every story of Bigfoot, we can assume it does not have that aggressive drive to be a predator.

Not all accounts of Bigfoot are passive; there are several that describe predatory behavior. But as you said, the majority does not display the predatory traits and attributes that we attribute to an Alpha Predator. All though (IMO) they would certainly be capable of such a title they just do not find it necessary for their sustainment of life, just as the majority of us humans do not.

So let me correct my last statement by saying, if Bigfoot wanted to be the Alpha predator in the forest, they could.

avatar
YSPR

Posts : 88
Join date : 2012-08-13
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bigfoot, Bears, Cougars and other predators

Post  CMcMillan on Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:47 pm

StankApe wrote:
CMcMillan wrote:
StankApe wrote:ahhh, here's a good analogy:


If aliens landed here with all the big Hollywood ultra technology (hyper advanced weaponry of which we had no answer) yet were physically very small and fragile. Would you think they were inferior to us because they couldn't beat up Mike Tyson in a fist fight?

Ok thats not a good Analogy sorry.

Since if all they have is the Technology that makes them superior .... Technology can stop working and then they are frail.

Apex predator species occupy the highest trophic level(s) and have a crucial role in maintaining the health of their ecosystems. One study of marine food webs defined apex predators as greater than trophic level four.[5] The apex predator concept is commonly applied in wildlife management, conservation, and ecotourism.
Food chains are often far shorter on land, with the top of the food chain limited to the third trophic level, as where such predators as the big cats, crocodilians, hyenas, wolves, or giant constrictor snakes prey upon large herbivores. Apex predators need not be hypercarnivores. For example, grizzly bears and humans[6] are each apex predators and are omnivores.

Apex predators affect prey species' population dynamics. Where two competing species are in an ecologically unstable relationship, apex predators tend to create stability if they prey upon both.

I do not see Humans as the base definition of Apex we supply no Balance to the Ecosystem.
Main reason Some Humans kill for fun and tropheys.

Now your basing that We as Humans are Apex so Every Human would be on the top would they not.
Do we kill a lot of animals yes~! Can we kill every animal as you say? Well sure NOW we can with Atomic Weapons.



it's a great analogy, you can't seem to differentiate between a species and an individual. There are lions with no claws and teeth (due to age) there are dangerous animals we can approach with guns (cuz that individual is dumb) but that doesn't change the fact that Lions are one of the boss daddy critters in their environment.

Those INDVIDUALS thrown to the lions were apparently, not good at fighting, but th fact that the lions didn't always win show that this isn't the rule....



BTW, technology could fail sure, and teeth can fall out, and claws can become dull. Though, I would suspect, that in the case of an impending alien invasion (or a lion attack) having a defensive plan of "I hope their weaponry goes wrong" would probably not end so well for you.

No its not a great as much as you desire it to be,. You say I am not taking in account groups and just Individuals. If aliens come and have that uber tech that Hollywood shows...Hollywood also shows us KICKING ITS ASS left and right.
Also I hate to bring it up but Many People with LESS TECH have won over others with superior tech.
So your Analogy falls flat.
avatar
CMcMillan

Posts : 1097
Join date : 2012-08-05
Location : USA CT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bigfoot, Bears, Cougars and other predators

Post  CMcMillan on Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:56 pm

StankApe wrote:yes, you win, the power of Independence Day compels your logic! Very Happy

I get yelled at because what I say to you. But you can be passive aggressive to people on this forum and you get away with it.

Your the one who brought up Hollywood Aliens with UBER weapons. So you can't admit your analogy was not to good so you decide to be snarky


Last edited by CMcMillan on Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
CMcMillan

Posts : 1097
Join date : 2012-08-05
Location : USA CT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bigfoot, Bears, Cougars and other predators

Post  DPinkerton on Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:59 am

chiefmark wrote:I realise this topic may have been discussed on other forums but that's there and this is here. I want to know from people who have spent time in the woods and seen their fair share of wildlife, what their thoughts are on what would likely happen when a Bigfoot came across another predator or vice-versa. What do bears, cougars, wolves etc do in most encounters with humans? Who would back down first in a fierce encounter with a Squatch? How common are sightings of other large mammals? Obviously we're guessing at BF behaviour a lot but please post your thoughts. Thanks folks.

Points to the original post in this thread above. It deals with bigfoot in its natural environment and how it associates with other creatures native to it. Humans (modern ones anyway) are not native to this habitat nor are aliens (who are not native to Earth). Keeping on topic in this case would go far in discussing and speculating.

So it leads to a couple questions...is Bigfoot a hunter? Is it a scavenger and gatherer? Does it eat meat at all?

Here are some observations of the Grizzly Bear as it relates to competition...

With the reintroduction of gray wolves to Yellowstone, many visitors have witnessed a once common struggle between a keystone species, the grizzly bear, and its historic rival, the gray wolf. The interactions of U. arctos horribilis with the wolves of Yellowstone have been under considerable study. Typically, the conflict will be in the defense of young or over a carcass, which is commonly an elk killed by wolves. The grizzly bear uses its keen sense of smell to locate the kill. As the wolves and grizzly compete for the kill, one wolf may try to distract the bear while the others feed. The bear then may retaliate by chasing the wolves. If the wolves become aggressive with the bear, it is normally in the form of quick nips at its hind legs. Thus, the bear will sit down and use its ability to protect itself in a full circle. Rarely do interactions such as these end in death or serious injury to either animal. One carcass simply is not usually worth the risk to the wolves (if the bear has the upper hand due to strength and size) or to the bear (if the wolves are too numerous or persistent).

DPinkerton

Posts : 171
Join date : 2012-08-14
Location : Colorado

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bigfoot, Bears, Cougars and other predators

Post  CMcMillan on Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:24 am

Well we assume bigfoot is and omnivour.
It also as Team Tazer has seen that it does seem to follow Game trails.
So I would think its a Hunter.
I don't think it would want to deal with a Bear or a Pack of wolves.
I think many animals try to keep their distance from each other.

avatar
CMcMillan

Posts : 1097
Join date : 2012-08-05
Location : USA CT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bigfoot, Bears, Cougars and other predators

Post  Papa Bear on Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:19 pm

Based off the article provided DP….i think it’s safe to say- given a certain circumstance, the tables can change at an time. What one would assume is the apex predator can quickly become the pacifist- life has a funny way of doing that. After reading the article I would also conclude that each apex animal is not dependent solely on its self for survival. Even the fanged/clawed carnivores need each other for survival. I will concede that the human apex is for the most part correct- given the right circumstances. But as evident from the article above, man can quickly: given the wrong circumstances go from the hunter to the hunted. From my prospective, when *we* together as humans make the statement that we are the apex- 'we conquer all we survey’ you are taking yourself out of the equation from the natural process of life. You in some aspect make your self weaker, by this i mean mentally. When you are within your own conscience of being at peace. You will only need a walking stick, the other animals of the woods will respect you as well. we all possess this inner power. The native people knew, some parts of the forest you just don’t enter. It’s not about the apex, its about respect, its about knowing your limitations and about where you fit in the natural process of life.
avatar
Papa Bear

Posts : 21
Join date : 2012-08-15
Location : Nor-Cal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bigfoot, Bears, Cougars and other predators

Post  CMcMillan on Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:56 pm

Papa,

I think that is the true definition of Apex.
Its not that one can KILL everything at least not all the definitions i have read. Apex from what I have read, defines it as a Animal that helps the balance of the eco system. They are part of the yes i am going there .... "The Circle of life"

Humans tend to be a bit outside the "Circle of Life" In my opinion
avatar
CMcMillan

Posts : 1097
Join date : 2012-08-05
Location : USA CT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bigfoot, Bears, Cougars and other predators

Post  Papa Bear on Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:20 pm

CMcMillan wrote:Papa,

I think that is the true definition of Apex.
Its not that one can KILL everything at least not all the definitions i have read. Apex from what I have read, defines it as a Animal that helps the balance of the eco system. They are part of the yes i am going there .... "The Circle of life"

Humans tend to be a bit outside the "Circle of Life" In my opinion

thanks CMcMillan, i came to the realization after reading the article posted by DP. It dawned on me that these creatures don’t distinguish themselves in the thought process we are using. The invisible boundaries pertaining to survival instinct have already been established and have evolved as each animal has evolved- mother nature doesn’t make mistakes. reading all the post reminded me of the animal planet show- animal face-off, where they have apex predators fight to the death and they use digital technology to show viewers how a fight scenario might play out. Good entertainment. After reading the other post, i got side-tracked about this whole apex complex. the circle of life, as cheese as it may sound is the correct analogy.
avatar
Papa Bear

Posts : 21
Join date : 2012-08-15
Location : Nor-Cal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bigfoot, Bears, Cougars and other predators

Post  CMcMillan on Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:41 pm

How did they do a fight between a Shark and a Bear?
I mean the shark would die if out of the water for a certain amount of time
And A Bear would just walk out of the water end of battle!!
avatar
CMcMillan

Posts : 1097
Join date : 2012-08-05
Location : USA CT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bigfoot, Bears, Cougars and other predators

Post  Papa Bear on Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:53 pm

shark vs polar bear smackdown…LOL
i found the article, they made this match because the article stated a Greenland Shark had a jawbone of a polar bear during an autopsy. It does go to show the apex predator of the arctic- the Polar Bear given the circumstances... can also be on the menu.

*Kovacs and her team performed autopsies on collected Greenland shark specimens. They were shocked to find the polar bear bone, but in hindsight, she said, "this finding is not likely to be anything new.”

*"Greenland sharks have been in the Arctic for millions of years," she explained, suggesting that fatal encounters between marine and terrestrial predators would be inevitable over such an extended period.


*Source- Discovery News- discovery.com
avatar
Papa Bear

Posts : 21
Join date : 2012-08-15
Location : Nor-Cal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bigfoot, Bears, Cougars and other predators

Post  DPinkerton on Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:57 pm

Papa Bear wrote:shark vs polar bear smackdown…LOL

Polar Bear swimming and gets attacked by a Shark...Shark wins.
Shark flopping around on the ice...Polar Bear wins!

DPinkerton

Posts : 171
Join date : 2012-08-14
Location : Colorado

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bigfoot, Bears, Cougars and other predators

Post  StankApe on Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:22 pm

g


Last edited by StankApe on Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
StankApe

Posts : 351
Join date : 2012-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bigfoot, Bears, Cougars and other predators

Post  Blondie1 on Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:25 pm

StankApe wrote:I would love to see Kodiak vs Squatch, bare knuckle, no time limit

It would definitely be interesting.
avatar
Blondie1

Posts : 344
Join date : 2012-08-05
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bigfoot, Bears, Cougars and other predators

Post  StankApe on Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:14 am

g


Last edited by StankApe on Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
StankApe

Posts : 351
Join date : 2012-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bigfoot, Bears, Cougars and other predators

Post  Buk Was Here on Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:35 am

The Squatches do rule there forest, mt world, have been at it for who knows how many years, but they do know the forest inside and out, kill and scavage what they need to survive. They are the forest people..Safe to say they do alright out there..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QLHliifTNI "for you Stankape"
avatar
Buk Was Here

Posts : 33
Join date : 2012-09-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Welcome Buk Was Here

Post  Blondie1 on Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:17 am

Welcome...LOL I have limited air time on the internet...can't watch the whole thing...who won?
avatar
Blondie1

Posts : 344
Join date : 2012-08-05
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bigfoot, Bears, Cougars and other predators

Post  MrBigfoot on Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:21 pm

Buk Was Here wrote:The Squatches do rule there forest, mt world, have been at it for who knows how many years, but they do know the forest inside and out, kill and scavage what they need to survive. They are the forest people..Safe to say they do alright out there..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QLHliifTNI "for you Stankape"



That was pretty funny!!

The best thing was the comment below "that is obviously a human in a bear costume"

MrBigfoot

Posts : 60
Join date : 2012-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bigfoot, Bears, Cougars and other predators

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum