Bigfoot Evidence
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bigfoot News
Bigfoot Evidence
Bigfoot Evidence
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

What thing of the paranormal/cryptid are you skeptical of?

+4
Sweetsusiq
Blondie1
CMcMillan
StankApe
8 posters

Go down

What thing of the paranormal/cryptid are you skeptical of? Empty What thing of the paranormal/cryptid are you skeptical of?

Post  StankApe Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:36 am

I am of the opinion that everybody is skeptical of something (even if it's that their friends are full of it, lol)

so what thing are you skeptical of? is it ghosts? the paranormal? Mokele Mbembe? Chupacabras?........etc

Whether we believe in these things or not, doesn't make them any less fun to talk about!
StankApe
StankApe

Back to top Go down

What thing of the paranormal/cryptid are you skeptical of? Empty Re: What thing of the paranormal/cryptid are you skeptical of?

Post  CMcMillan Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:11 am

I wouldn't say I am A true Skeptic about many things.
I am always fascinated by Legends and Lore's how many cultures have had similar stories in their mythology or religious text.

Unicorns- A version of a Unicorn is in many cultures. (things like these get romanticized over the ages) Could have been a deformed goat which has been proven that sometimes goats horns can wrap to look like a uni-horn.
Dragons- Another Idea that is in many cultures different forums. In the past these things could have been Animals like Komodo Dragons.
If you go the Eaters of the Dead (13th warrior) it was a tribe of men living in caves that would ride horses with torches.
Dire Wolves- This is another one if you go by a movie's idea (Brotherhood of the wolf) It was a Lion in spiked armor.

If you look at cultures many cultures have the "great flood" in it.
They have a destruction of an enlightened or sinful kingdom in it.
Many cultures even talk about Life from the stars coming down to Earth.
Mayan's, Native Americans and more.
For me when you look across the board at many of these writings I begin to wonder how can through out cultures and history we have similar stories.
I question more when science says NO it isn't real.
I ask Science how do you know?

How do you explain to a Blind Man that the stars in the sky are real if he has NEVER seen them?
You can tell him about it, but to him its just a story.

CMcMillan
CMcMillan

Back to top Go down

What thing of the paranormal/cryptid are you skeptical of? Empty Re: What thing of the paranormal/cryptid are you skeptical of?

Post  StankApe Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:17 pm

If you open your mind to everything, eventually your brain will fall out
StankApe
StankApe

Back to top Go down

What thing of the paranormal/cryptid are you skeptical of? Empty paranormal or cryptids one is skeptic about

Post  Blondie1 Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:38 pm

StankApe wrote:If you open your mind to everything, eventually your brain will fall out

Shocked Oh my I hope not, LOL. I really have to think about this. There are a few that are hard to comprehend or even consider the possibility they exist. Let me think about it and I'll be back.
Blondie1
Blondie1

Back to top Go down

What thing of the paranormal/cryptid are you skeptical of? Empty That's hard to answer!

Post  Sweetsusiq Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:06 pm

I've lived in a haunted house, I've seen 3 flying saucers, and I saw a BF, but I've just seen pictures of the other cryptids. Very Happy I sorta believe that most anything is possible anymore.

Last edited by Sweetsusiq on Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add stuff)
Sweetsusiq
Sweetsusiq

Back to top Go down

What thing of the paranormal/cryptid are you skeptical of? Empty Chupacabras are fake IMO

Post  ***** Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:56 am

I think Chupacabras are a media, or mass hysteria creation. Mermaids, unicorns, werewolves, dogmen, not real IMO.

I do believe in spirits, ghosts, as I've experienced them. UFO's have a very high likelihood of being real physical objects, I do think they could be ours, and not their's if that makes sense.

Alien abduction, implants, etc. I don't buy. I don't think there is intelligent life in our solar system. I really do find it hard to comprehend why aliens would visit us here, or why they'd find us interesting at all, frankly.

I guess Bigfoot is really the only unaccepted fringe topic I find compelling other than ghosts.

Back to top Go down

Post  CMcMillan Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:03 pm

@Nobel,

Spirts and supernatural for lack of a better word. I believe in strongly. I have experienced things that i could not explain.

Unicorns- I believe at one time existed were they the horse only virgins could ride ... NO.
Dragons- Well Komodo Dragons are good explanation of that. Or maybe Dinosaur that lasted so long.
Fairies- This has always Interested me. Still not sure.

UFO / Alien abduction
yes I believe in it.
I think Abduction has a lot to do with how we have advanced as a species.

CMcMillan
CMcMillan

Back to top Go down

Post  YSPR Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:05 pm

My personal take:

Actual animal based monsters / creatures – probably based on real animals at some point and time, exaggerated for various reasons during different time periods, so Yes for a basic belief and No for the supernatural / magical claims associated to them

Ghost – no, although I have family and friends that swear they are real

Demons / Vampires / Zombies ect.. - No

UFOs – possible
YSPR
YSPR

Back to top Go down

Post  CMcMillan Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:20 pm

YSPR wrote:My personal take:

Actual animal based monsters / creatures – probably based on real animals at some point and time, exaggerated for various reasons during different time periods, so Yes for a basic belief and No for the supernatural / magical claims associated to them

Ghost – no, although I have family and friends that swear they are real

Demons / Vampires / Zombies ect.. - No

UFOs – possible

Oh I know Zombies are real.....

Should see some of the office workers around here Laughing

But I liked Serpent and the Rainbow a better reason for the idea of the dead to rise.
CMcMillan
CMcMillan

Back to top Go down

Post  scarletme111 Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:17 pm

for some reason the chubacabras and mermaids never really stuck with me. I feel that with the chubacabras theres too much variety in what people are seeing. and with mermaids i guess i just dont believe all together lol
scarletme111
scarletme111

Back to top Go down

Post  MrBigfoot Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:06 pm

I am skeptical of pretty much every single one of them,( and i'm still not 100% on Bigfoot, even though I may have seen one)

MrBigfoot

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down