Bigfoot Evidence
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bigfoot News
Bigfoot Evidence
Bigfoot Evidence
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Luring techniques

+5
Starz
madison5716
Sweetsusiq
SasquaiNation
chiefmark
9 posters

Go down

Luring techniques Empty Luring techniques

Post  chiefmark Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:13 pm

I think it's fair to say that most of the time, you don't find Bigfoot, Bigfoot finds you. What are your thoughts on current methods to elicit responses from Squatch? Are Woodknocks effective, have you tried them? What about howls, fireworks or even baiting? I've always thought in the back of my mind, we don't know what woodknocks mean exactly, so when using them, we could inadvertantly be scaring them off. What if it's a signal of danger from one family member to another? What if some of the howls we're using mean the same?

Finally, what new techniques can you think of to tempt one out of hiding? I do think leaving food out, over a long period of time would be effective. Obviously I'm thinking close to a property here where home visits are known. Not many critters will turn down an easy meal.
chiefmark
chiefmark

Back to top Go down

Luring techniques Empty Re:Luring Techniques

Post  SasquaiNation Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:57 pm

So far I have not crossed paths with a Sasquatch, but I keep trying. My dog and I love the outdoors, so regardless of the outcome, it's still a win for us.

I have left gifts of food or other objects that I thought might be interesting to a Bigfoot. First I had to find an area that was close to water, provided seclusion and offered shelter. Animals of all sizes are abundant as well. I managed to find such a spot, so I'm focused in this particular area for awhile.
I gave the Sierra Sounds a try a couple of weeks ago and I may have had results. I say "may have" because I could not confirm a source for the noises I heard after playing the sounds. For the first 15-20 minutes I heard no "replies", just birds chirping. I gave it another go and played the sounds for about 5 seconds, then waited. I heard branches breaking and the dog started huffing, then he carried on his way. I tried the sounds again and heard more branches break. All of the branch breaks occurred after the vocal portions of the recordings. This happened five or six times in a row. Unfortunately all of them are hard to hear due to my camcorder microphone (it's a base model Sony).
I then played the wood knock portion, waited, and heard one knock back. I repeated this and heard one more knock. The branch breaks and knocks came from different locations.
I continued to play the sounds but I got nothing after that. I went back last week to the same spot and tried again in hopes of reproducing my past experience. All I heard this time was the branch breaks and no knocks.
I have the videos from this past week but I never put them on YouTube because it becomes repetitive for viewers. I did keep them for my own archives though.
I have been to this exact same spot for over 3 months and not once have I ever heard a branch break/snap while I was there. Both times I heard these sounds it was a clear calm day with no people around.
I'm sure the branch breaks could be the cause of animals, but I never saw any large animals. Could have been squirrels, could be natural, who knows. The knocks are the ones I'm having a hard time attributing to natural causes. The knock didn't sound like something from a woodpecker, it was a hard knock and sounded like wood against wood.
Sorry for making this so long, I just wanted to share my experience with everyone. Kel has heard my story already but I thought others might be interested.
If anyone has questions, I'll do my honest best to answer them. If anyone has ideas on explaining what I may have heard, I'm all ears.
I tend to analyze things as much as I can, and in the process I end up forgetting to enjoy the experiences. GBP was kind enough to remind me that it was okay to get excited. I did but I was cautious about it. Wink

SasquaiNation

Back to top Go down

Luring techniques Empty Re:Luring Techniques

Post  SasquaiNation Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:00 pm

I almost forgot. Ron Morehead sent me this:

By: Ron Morehead ronm@bigfootsounds.com
This article is meant to help in the understanding of these creatures and to also aid the researcher in feeling at ease in their presence. Even though they live in the wildern
ess like an animal, they behave more humanistic than an animal, and considering them on that basis is important. Just as humans have different personalities; these creatures also possess unique individuality. Some will interact and some won’t.

Plan your trip into a specific remote area, suggestive of where these creatures may be. Plan a stay of at least two or three days… the longer, the better. When dealing with humans they need to feel at ease with the environment that you’ve created… they need to become accustomed to you and you need to make them curious. You should have a fixed exposed camp and a friend or two that share the same motive… winning the creature’s trust. Make camp where other hikers or packers don’t frequent and don’t take dogs with you. A small creek would be better than a lake – be off the mainstream trail. They prefer to traverse waterways, minimizing their signs.

After setting up camp, take a walk. In an attempt to interact or just perhaps announce your presence, find a small log (two to three-inches in diameter) and periodically strike it sharply two or three times against a larger log or tree trunk with a measured beat. The more resonant the sound, the better it carries. You may or may not hear a report back, but if you do and you are certain there are no other humans in the area, you've probably got the attention of a creature. Rocks struck together, one in the hand against a larger one on the ground, also work well in the same way. Use a sequence of three strikes, and not too often. I do not recommend trying to be stealthily while walking through the woods. Unless it’s an accident you will not sneak up on one of these creatures, so be bold and get their attention. If you’re intruding in an unacceptable area they may throw rocks, but they will not hit you with them—it’s just a warning—probably a young one in the area and they don’t want you there.

Wait until well after they’ve made their presence known before setting up camera-traps or deceptive devices … but have a pocket camera and recorder ready. Because these creatures seldom reveal themselves, except on their own time and terms, it's important to not appear too aggressive. They seem to have a very high degree of sensitivity to humans and the human exploitations of them. Therefore, an honest cheerful attitude is recommended. After dark they may come in close, but will probably remain hidden from sight. It’s common for them to announce themselves by snapping a large dried limb. This is no accident; they are observing your response.

If you hear the definite crack of a limb or rhythmic striking of rocks continue what you are doing. Their first displays may be intimidating but try to remain calm. Do not shine your flashlight toward the sound or act alarmed. If these creatures think they don’t have your attention they may come closer. You shouldn't be afraid, or embarrassed, to ‘talk’ to them. Using a calm voice talk as you would to a friend—they may interact so be prepared to record the event. If you see movement and decide to try a camera shot with a flash you may only get one chance, but under the right circumstances it may be worth taking that chance. However, at that time your adventure might also end.

If you have repeated encounters while at this location you’re developing a rapport. I suggest you offer them a gift, such as food—not tainted food, good food—they are omnivorous. If you’ve been collecting pinecones for a campfire don’t be surprised if when returning from a hike you find a pile of them placed somewhere in your camp. Remember, a lot of people boastfully claim to have shot at a bigfoot, yet many of these creatures will still interact if not threatened—it’s up to us.

While in the field try these simple techniques and others like them of your own invention. It’s important to record your observations along the way. If you are successful and wish to share your adventure, please contact me using the e-mail above. Good Luck.

SasquaiNation

Back to top Go down

Luring techniques Empty Re: Luring techniques

Post  Sweetsusiq Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:03 pm

chiefmark wrote:I think it's fair to say that most of the time, you don't find Bigfoot, Bigfoot finds you. What are your thoughts on current methods to elicit responses from Squatch? Are Woodknocks effective, have you tried them? What about howls, fireworks or even baiting? I've always thought in the back of my mind, we don't know what woodknocks mean exactly, so when using them, we could inadvertantly be scaring them off. What if it's a signal of danger from one family member to another? What if some of the howls we're using mean the same?

Finally, what new techniques can you think of to tempt one out of hiding? I do think leaving food out, over a long period of time would be effective. Obviously I'm thinking close to a property here where home visits are known. Not many critters will turn down an easy meal.
I like your ideas about leaving food out to lure them in for a sighting. Plus doing normal things outside so they can watch and get to know you. Some of the stories of BF watching campers shows how curious they are about us. Go play in the yard, cook out, do stuff that the BF can watch you doing if they are near where you live, or do it while camping where they are, and watching them watch you Very Happy .
Sweetsusiq
Sweetsusiq

Back to top Go down

Post  madison5716 Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:28 pm

Why do you want to LURE them? Do you mean attract them or interest them? Or lure, which implies deception (to me at least)? Why do you want to see one and what do you want to do with that information?

To attract them, do something attractive.

My kid and I are both ADD - we are attracted to the "Oh, Look, Something Shiny" (OLSS) phenomenon. Maybe BF is motivated by curiousity. I'm betting on it. His Holiness the Dalai Lama says that the goal of all people is happiness - I'm also betting that BF wants to be happy.... so, provide the opportunity for a joyful experience and interaction between two different species if that is what you both want.

This is what I'm going to do to try to make contact with the two that I think are in the woods where I interacted with them mid-August.

I'm simply going to go out to the river as close as I can get to where they were and do not much of anything. I am planning to be fairly loud and wear bright clothing. I do not intend to sneak up or surprise anything. First off, if it's a bear instead of BF, I want it to RUN AWAY, lol. Second, if I make noise, BF knows I'm there and HE can decide if he wants to watch, or not, or interact, or not. I'd just like to get to know them. I have no plans to trap them or hunt them or even to photograph them (yet - I'd like to try to build trust first). Anyway, my son and I just plan to picnic and enjoy the last of the summer weather having fun. I guess we're trying to acclimate ourselves to them and them to us. I will look for footprints, though, and take pix of those if I find them.

And I am bringing food and a few shiny trinkets. My son loves shiny rocks and wants to give one as a gift to the knockers. And food, well, I have a son who occasionally has hollow legs he eats so much, I can't imagine trying to find enough to feed a growing bigfoot youngster! Glad I don't have THAT grocery bill.

If something happens, great. If nothing happens, great. Smile

I have time.

madison5716

Back to top Go down

Post  chiefmark Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:00 pm

Thanks for your response SasquaiNation, very informative, honest and interesting. You sound like the kind of person who really deserves a sighting, in that you're are intentions are good and your efforts are repetitive and patient. Good luck to you, I hope they pay off.

Maybe luring wasn't the right word if it's put a deceptive image in your mind. I like fishing and use a lot of lures so had this in the back of my mind when creating this topic. All I would like for my efforts is a sighting. I could never kill a Squatch. I dislike killing spiders in my home. I would only kill an animal for eating, and when absolutely necessary.

Food parcels, shiny objects, gifts and attractive items all sound good to me. It's good to think along then lines of, 'What would attract me?' I suppose. If they're quite human-like, then they might find the same things interesting.

Can I ask, has anyone tried music? Music evokes powerful emotions in humans, I'm sure a squatch would be interested in some kinds of music. Maybe something with a beat, maybe a moving classical piece?
chiefmark
chiefmark

Back to top Go down

Post  Starz Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:25 am

With all due respect Mr. Moreheads article is way off the mark.

Boiled down to it's bare bones researching so far has been a form of hunting another type of people and little progress has been made , not suprisingly, since almost all methods are percieved by them as inherently aggressive behavior by us.

Baiting?
Gifting?
Invading their area's stalking them?
Trail-cams?

HAHAHA...do this on my property an it will get you shot or at the very least arrested. They live in the woods, see it as their home and it's about time we did as well. All of the above is out of the gate aggressive behavior on our part and seen as such.

I don't expect to change anyones mind, as everyone is already convinced they know best. But the people who are seeing them repeatedly do not behave in this manner. Just saying.
Starz
Starz

Back to top Go down

Luring techniques Empty Obviously No one is the EXPERT

Post  ***** Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:40 pm

If we had an expert in our midst, it would be obvious to all. No one here is any more qualified than the other, and I enjoy the exchange of different ideas with the goal of interaction.

The truth is we all know very little, when it comes to these creatures and their perception of our behavior. The only interaction that ever happens is by their choice, in my opinion, and influencing that choice with our behavior is something we can only speculate about.

Since we are all speculating, let's show respect for one another, and the opinions and theories put forth. Because that's all they are, despite our desire to kid ourselves, no one here has the knowledge to write the Sasquatch Interaction Handbook.

Thanks to all for the commentary and idea swapping.

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  ***** Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:50 pm

NobleSavage wrote:If we had an expert in our midst, it would be obvious to all. No one here is any more qualified than the other, and I enjoy the exchange of different ideas with the goal of interaction.

The truth is we all know very little, when it comes to these creatures and their perception of our behavior. The only interaction that ever happens is by their choice, in my opinion, and influencing that choice with our behavior is something we can only speculate about.

Since we are all speculating, let's show respect for one another, and the opinions and theories put forth. Because that's all they are, despite our desire to kid ourselves, no one here has the knowledge to write the Sasquatch Interaction Handbook.

Thanks to all for the commentary and idea swapping.

Very Happy

To add to this, I should also relate that my limited experience with these creatures was I believe due to their own curiosity, of my mere presence. I'm not sure my behavior had any role in eliciting their approach, excepting one occasion when I was blowing a predator call. Interaction and response on their part can vary, I think, based on how we present ourselves in their domain. Aggressive(hunter) mode, or Benign(obviously unarmed) and walking, camping, etc.

We have been occupying the forested areas of N. America for thousands of years as well, and although we have built civilizations, there is a healthy population of humans that still spend a great deal of time in the wilderness.

Back to top Go down

Post  Starz Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:16 pm

Point Taken Very Happy
Starz
Starz

Back to top Go down

Post  Green911 Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:05 pm

So has there been any success in leaving out fruit or candy? This I find interesting. But what does the big guy like to eat?
I am planning a trip to my cabin soon and would like to try this out at some of the hiking trails nearby, I wish I had a trailcam
to set up, but will have to rely on finding foot prints. Any other suggestions? elephant
Green911
Green911

Back to top Go down

Post  dingo3497 Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:08 pm

A lot of good information. It appears to me that most encounters are just random or at least the one's that go public. I am heading out soon for such an adventure. As an avid hunter, I always kept it simple. Find where they prey sleeps and find where it eats. Then set up somewhere in the middle. Since I am unsure of any of this with these creatures, I plan on just going in the woods and exploring. Maybe I will stumble onto something.
To me and mine, just being in the woods is half the fun. An adventure!
I will though certainly keep in mind the advise given in this post. THANKS!
dingo3497
dingo3497

Back to top Go down

Luring techniques Empty adventure

Post  MylesLI Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:05 pm

dingo3497 wrote:A lot of good information. It appears to me that most encounters are just random or at least the one's that go public. I am heading out soon for such an adventure. As an avid hunter, I always kept it simple. Find where they prey sleeps and find where it eats. Then set up somewhere in the middle. Since I am unsure of any of this with these creatures, I plan on just going in the woods and exploring. Maybe I will stumble onto something.
To me and mine, just being in the woods is half the fun. An adventure!
I will though certainly keep in mind the advise given in this post. THANKS!

That's My plan for the Adirondack's in November

MylesLI

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum