Bigfoot Evidence
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bigfoot News
Bigfoot Evidence
Bigfoot Evidence
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

9-11 Remembrance

2 posters

Go down

9-11 Remembrance  Empty 9-11 Remembrance

Post  CMcMillan Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:33 am

Just wanted to put up a remembrance to all the people we lost 11 years ago...

My thoughts and prayers go out to all the families.

Be Safe!

CMcMillan
CMcMillan

Back to top Go down

9-11 Remembrance  Empty Never Forget....

Post  ***** Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:52 am

It's easy to become complacent, and let time and needed recovery dilute the tragedy of what happened to our entire country that day. I still say 9-11 was the most horrific example of evil and hatred in the history of civilization. It will forever be seared into the minds of all the world, with it's graphic presentation on televisions in every household across this planet. It was especially gut wrenching for we Americans, and it posed questions for each of us, we'd never addressed before.

Unfortunately, I think many have forgotten, or have chosen to repress the events of that day. Some now say, we are no longer in danger, and we snipe and bicker with one another over ridiculous political trivialities.

What I remember is the fortitude and resolve our people showed in the days that followed that horror. The unity and embrace of those from all backgrounds, races, political persuasions, and lifestyles. The awakening that occurred towered over the tragedy, and a Spirit came over us, as we turned our hearts and minds back to something greater than ourselves. I truly miss that, and I think we were given a chance there to rebuild what America was once all about. It saddens me as I type this now with the realization that it was but a fleeting moment in time. We've returned to hate, and disdain, divisiveness and self interest. That's why I feel ashamed on this day, because I'm one of us, that has forgotten. Our hearts desire love and are happiest in the midst of it, but our minds and our flesh have overtaken this country again.

We should honor the memories of those who died, and those heroes of flight 93, the Pentagon, and all those from the towers. We should honor them by coming together, not just on some annual anniversary, numerically marked in infamy, but by striving each and every day to be more generous, more loving, more patient, and more selfless................................more AMERICAN!

oK.....OFF THE SOAPBOX....SORRY GANG!

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum