Bigfoot News
Bigfoot Evidence
Bigfoot Evidence
RSS feeds


Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 



Why do "skeptics" troll on Bigfoot Forums?

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Why do "skeptics" troll on Bigfoot Forums?

Post  Anon on Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:23 pm

SkankApe is just smokescreening his belief in this creature. Perhaps he's been ridiculed in real life for his obsession with a mythical creature and decided by playing the skeptic role he can turn it onto others and in his mind appear to look more intelligent. It certainly doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that for all intents and purposes the evidence for Bigfoot stinks.

There's a reason why there's so few obsessed self entitled "Bigfoot skeptics "; because most well adjusted adults do not have the time or the interest in arguing over a creature they are convinced does not exist. It's not like a non athlete following sports or any of the analogies the pretend skeptics use. Most people out there do look at Bigfoot being as likely as leprechauns and fairies.

Who would look more like a simpleton ? A person who believes in fairies or the guy who looks up fairy stuff day in and day out and argues with the fairy people for years on end that they don't exist while proclaiming himself a fairy skeptic when it don't f'n matter ?

Anon
Guest


Back to top Go down

Hilariously Succinct and Precise!

Post  ***** on Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:42 pm

I gotta applaud this post above. Hits the nail right on the head IMO.

WTF are you doing on a forum playing Skeptic?

Let the ridiculous explanations begin...

one can still like the subject of BF without believing it's real...blah...blah...blah...

I think skeptics on bf forums are just like described above, very ill-adjusted adults, with inferiority complexes.. Laughing

*****

Posts : 279
Join date : 2012-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why do "skeptics" troll on Bigfoot Forums?

Post  Occam's Philishaver on Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:36 pm

Save for a very few, BFF is comprised of high-fiving, back-patting sycophants.

The mods, admins and ahem, steering committee are the most ass backward I've seen on any forum.


Occam's Philishaver

Posts : 3
Join date : 2012-08-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why do "skeptics" troll on Bigfoot Forums?

Post  Woodwose on Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:44 pm

I would describe myself as a Bigfoot sceptic - I think it's existence is plausible but given the lack of compelling empirical evidence I neither believe nor disbelieve that it exists.

Consequently it makes perfect sense that I would be interested in discussing new or old evidence on a forum like this.

If I thought that there is no way Bigfoot can possibly exist I don't think I would be happy to describe myself as a sceptic and it would be odd to engage with the Bigfoot community. Having said that I do know of numerous people who study subjects like Bigfoot because of an interest in human psychology, misperception, hoaxing and folklore.

There are also sceptics who think that there must be some phenomenon responsible for Bigfoot sightings, but don't accept that it's a flesh and blood cryptid.
avatar
Woodwose

Posts : 389
Join date : 2012-08-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why do "skeptics" troll on Bigfoot Forums?

Post  Kel on Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:01 pm

NobleSavage wrote:I gotta applaud this post above. Hits the nail right on the head IMO.
WTF are you doing on a forum playing Skeptic? Let the ridiculous explanations begin...
one can still like the subject of BF without believing it's real...blah...blah...blah...
I think skeptics on bf forums are just like described above, very ill-adjusted adults, with inferiority complexes.. Laughing


Geez, you believers seem to be just so sure of yourselves, judgmental to a fault, and very often WRONG. So those with an interest in Anthropology and Human Psychology must certainly be "VERY ILL-ADJUSTED ADULTS WITH INFERIORITY COMPLEXES". OK then. Rolling Eyes

Personally, I think what you and the OP are looking for is a Blog/Forum without skeptics. If you think it then would be one big happy kumbaya here, you're ignoring the constant in-fighting among believers. Bottom line is, Shawn claims all opinions and viewpoints are welcome here, and he's the Boss.
avatar
Kel

Posts : 164
Join date : 2012-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

skeptics or debunkers

Post  Blondie1 on Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:31 pm

I think it's the way a differing opinion post is made. For goodness sake, an opinion is an opinion not a fact! It is someones personal opinion. To present one's personal opinion as a fact in a way that condemns others who think differently is where the trouble starts.

If persons A & G thinks there is no proof then that is their opinion and they are entitled to state that.

However persons A & G need to respect B & C who feel there IS enough proof for them to form their own OPPOSING individual opinions and state them. It's not right to tell others that because their opinion is different from yours they're wrong.

So much of this infighting between skeptics, debunkers and believers would decrease if people would use the words " It's my opinion that ...."

It's not right for someone to tell me I'm wrong because their OPINION is different from mine.

I can be presented with all the "facts" they have and I still will form my own opinion. If they want to try to persuade me their way is right then do so with respect not bashing and calling names or acting like I'm an idiot for joining their way of thinking. We should all try to agree to disagree civilly!

If you got through this post without scratching your head then I'm proud of you.


FYI All of the above is MY OPINION. Rolling Eyes
avatar
Blondie1

Posts : 344
Join date : 2012-08-05
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

You're on a Roll

Post  SasquaiNation on Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:31 pm

Blondie1 wrote:I think it's the way a differing opinion post is made. For goodness sake, an opinion is an opinion not a fact! It is someones personal opinion. To present one's personal opinion as a fact in a way that condemns others who think differently is where the trouble starts.

If persons A & G thinks there is no proof then that is their opinion and they are entitled to state that.

However persons A & G need to respect B & C who feel there IS enough proof for them to form their own OPPOSING individual opinions and state them. It's not right to tell others that because their opinion is different from yours they're wrong.

So much of this infighting between skeptics, debunkers and believers would decrease if people would use the words " It's my opinion that ...."

It's not right for someone to tell me I'm wrong because their OPINION is different from mine.

I can be presented with all the "facts" they have and I still will form my own opinion. If they want to try to persuade me their way is right then do so with respect not bashing and calling names or acting like I'm an idiot for joining their way of thinking. We should all try to agree to disagree civilly!

If you got through this post without scratching your head then I'm proud of you.


FYI All of the above is MY OPINION. Rolling Eyes

You're on fire tonight Blondie.

SasquaiNation

Posts : 200
Join date : 2012-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why do "skeptics" troll on Bigfoot Forums?

Post  GT3Paul on Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:58 pm

Good post blondie. If people would quit starting their posts with ''UHMMM NO!!!!" OR say "You believe in this? SERIOUS"

then maybe some nice debate would be the result instead of all this antagonistic stuff going on. I dont mind skeptics coming in here and discussing the topics
but to come here into a BigFoot forum and just attack people is just WRONG. And I dont get it If you ever watch a couple of scientist discuss a topic at a forum
IN PERSON they will usually say "interesting thoughts, but its my opinion......" A nice way of saying I disagree. And they are professional about it. Or another way is
"I dont like to disagree with my esteemed colleague but....." I have presented white papers at all kinds of Scientific conferences and not ONCE has someone stood up in the back of the room and say "NO...." Or "Uhmm NO!....." Its just NOT the way to have a debate or a discussion.
Unfortunately I have spent more time discussing etiquette instead of the REAL topic. And thats just unfortunate.
I am not going to do that any more and use my ignore feature on those who dont seem to be able to use most of their reasoning skills.
avatar
GT3Paul
Admin

Posts : 315
Join date : 2012-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why do "skeptics" troll on Bigfoot Forums?

Post  I AM THE BLOBSQUATCH on Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:48 am

Blondie and Paul, EXCELLENT posts. It is my OPINION, though, that MANY of the skeptics that troll these blogs ARE IN FACT closet believers. IMO!

I AM THE BLOBSQUATCH

Posts : 71
Join date : 2012-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why do "skeptics" troll on Bigfoot Forums?

Post  I AM THE BLOBSQUATCH on Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:49 am

I think the open minded folks are really SKEPTICAL, not SKEPTICS.

I AM THE BLOBSQUATCH

Posts : 71
Join date : 2012-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why do "skeptics" troll on Bigfoot Forums?

Post  opinion on Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:56 am

Two things wrong with this thread's premise.

First not every skeptic is a troill. And those who think this are a huge part of the problem, being what many call the "Church of Bigfoot". Listen very carefully:

Bigfoot is not a religion, it is a mystery and you dont have the answer any more than those darn skeptics do. Stop behaving like you are upholding some kind of believer's dogma, you look like an ass when you do.

Second, the BFF in a nutshell;

1.0: died becausxe it's moderators in the end were so lousy, they essentially killed it.

2.0: moderation is even worse. Run by a bunch profiteers who screwed the user base who were promised in the beginning that 1.0's archives would be made available to all. Then they wanted money for them. The dump is run by a bucnh of self serving scumbags.

Hopefully this forum will do better.

opinion
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why do "skeptics" troll on Bigfoot Forums?

Post  StankApe on Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:47 pm

g


Last edited by StankApe on Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
StankApe

Posts : 351
Join date : 2012-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why do "skeptics" troll on Bigfoot Forums?

Post  CMcMillan on Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:03 pm

StankApe wrote:
NobleSavage wrote:I gotta applaud this post above. Hits the nail right on the head IMO.

WTF are you doing on a forum playing Skeptic?

Let the ridiculous explanations begin...

one can still like the subject of BF without believing it's real...blah...blah...blah...

I think skeptics on bf forums are just like described above, very ill-adjusted adults, with inferiority complexes.. Laughing


I love how having the ability to not blindly buy into anything somebody tells me is somehow a weakness on my part. Go ahead, act like children. But if you can't understand how someone can maintain an interest in something they have yet to see any verifiable evidence for, you sir are the one with a problem, not I. Lighten u[ Francis.

You talk about Verifiable evidence. The number of foot prints alone should show the amount of verifiable evidence of such a creature is alive and walking. As I said in the other post. Its more evidence than Dark Matter. Its even more solid evidence.
avatar
CMcMillan

Posts : 1097
Join date : 2012-08-05
Location : USA CT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why do "skeptics" troll on Bigfoot Forums?

Post  Danny Squatchanini on Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:16 pm

When I tell my friends how I believe there is a strong possiblity of a Bigfoot, people look at me not crazy but they say, "Really?" Most of them are skeptical about it but are open to it, while there is the small majority who think I'm nuts and some who do believe. One person who was so skeptical about it, she laughed at me. Low and behold months later, she was in Willow Creek-which she did not know when she drove across country-and she had an encounter. She apologized to me and now she is interested in it. She believes now that her encounter could have been playing mind games with her but her husband says differently. Plus the area she was in makes it more likely she did have an encounter.
avatar
Danny Squatchanini

Posts : 127
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 48
Location : NYC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why do "skeptics" troll on Bigfoot Forums?

Post  StankApe on Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:25 pm

g



Last edited by StankApe on Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
StankApe

Posts : 351
Join date : 2012-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why do "skeptics" troll on Bigfoot Forums?

Post  CMcMillan on Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:14 pm

I am not saying that foot prints are the end all way to identify a species.
But i go out in my woods I see bobcat tracks. I know that a bobcat must live out in the woods but i have never seen it yet.
Can my bobcats tracks be faked yes. But I highly doubt some person is running through the forest pressing bobcat prints in the woods. To fool people. So you take the amount of Bigfoot tracks and prints across the world see the similarities in them what are the odds that everyone is placing the same fake foot print all these places?

Edit:
SO what I am saying scientist would have to conclude some kind of creature lives in the woods. That we have yet to classify. Why is this such a hard leap to take for science?
avatar
CMcMillan

Posts : 1097
Join date : 2012-08-05
Location : USA CT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why do "skeptics" troll on Bigfoot Forums?

Post  StankApe on Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:39 pm

g


Last edited by StankApe on Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
StankApe

Posts : 351
Join date : 2012-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why do "skeptics" troll on Bigfoot Forums?

Post  opinion on Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:53 pm

Regarding one post on BFF moderation and getting banned for questioning things, and the whole Mod stalking thing, it runs a little deeper than that. WHen it raised to Kulls, there was potentially something else at worse. Once you were asking questions, you were challenging "the business"; as in those who seek to profit from the whole subject. Have you not notice the BFF 1.0's archives are now ransomed by the folks in charge. They were originally to be returned to viewable, now they want money.

opinion
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why do "skeptics" troll on Bigfoot Forums?

Post  TKW on Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:59 am

"Who would look more like a simpleton ? A person who believes in fairies or the guy who looks up fairy stuff day in and day out and argues with the fairy people for years on end that they don't exist while proclaiming himself a fairy skeptic when it don't f'n matter ?" - Both of the people above are nuts.

I wouldn't consider myself a BF skeptic, but i will not bow down to every single piece of photo blurriness and i will call it as i see it...as it is my opnion. You're almost describing what should be a Bigfoot communist party.

Some stuff has been so close to making me believe 100%, the whole Smeja/DNA coming (hopefully) to a close for example. I really amd truly want to believe and hopefully see undisputed video evidence of BF, but all we have ever had are footprints, hoaxes, misidentified photos/videos, blurred anything photos, shadows in trees, etc. and it has been this way for decades. The only time it gets really interesting are when good hoaxes come along.

To shut the door on people young and old, new to Bigfoot mythology, etc. would be a shame. Not everyone can just jump onboard and say it is real based on one thing. Nor should anyone who got interested in Bigfoot due to the hype of the Bf in a freezer dismiss it due to eventually being discovered a hoax.

All in all, Bigfoot is an interesting world to dive into, all of it. The name calling, the science, the discovering, the wonderment, reading eye witness reports, the hoaxes, knowing the hoaxers and the real sound minds, the photos and videos - if i was of a stable mind, i would have left this long ago (or come on once in a while and made cruel fun of someone) - Currently, i have to take it for what it is, a fun ride with the occasional serious debate thrown in along the way.

I think Arthur C. Clarke said it best when asked if he believed in Bigfoot, and i paraphrase: Only on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

TKW
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why do "skeptics" troll on Bigfoot Forums?

Post  CMcMillan on Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:24 am

I think many people who believe in big foot. Are not just assuming based on 1 piece of evidence.
1.) They have either had some kinda of experience of their own to make them believe.
2.) They research the legends the stories of Native American Indian tribes and the many many sightings and foot print evidence.
3.) When you have experts in certain fields like Dr John Napier or Jeffrey Meldrum who have anaylized many many prints and has seen these foot prints for themselves and say that Yes it is Possible that a Creature lives out in the woods.
This is where i don't get people always saying the evidence of the foot prints is faked. We have read and listen to experts in the field that have verified many foot prints as not being faked.
So unless your saying that experts in these fields have miss identified the prints.
avatar
CMcMillan

Posts : 1097
Join date : 2012-08-05
Location : USA CT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why do "skeptics" troll on Bigfoot Forums?

Post  opinion on Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:34 am

Getting back the BFF, it's biggest issue really is it's Moderation. I've seen people warned for making typoes, once you're that over moderated any attempt at discussion is useless.

You have a bunch of self important, and in some cases agenda having skanks running their own corruption of what Brian Brown started back in the day, in short, they've killed it largely.

the one major issue in particular is that premium membership crap; they had always promised they would get the archives from BFF 1.0 back up and running but when they did they suddenly wanted to cash in and thats what so much of the ego end of squatching is about these days, "How can I cash in?" all the while the person is claiming they're in it for the research which is bullshit. The BFF mods have taken a massive dump on bigfooting in general.

opinion
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why do "skeptics" troll on Bigfoot Forums?

Post  mark_boy on Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:51 am

opinion wrote:Getting back the BFF, it's biggest issue really is it's Moderation. I've seen people warned for making typoes, once you're that over moderated any attempt at discussion is useless.

You have a bunch of self important, and in some cases agenda having skanks running their own corruption of what Brian Brown started back in the day, in short, they've killed it largely.

the one major issue in particular is that premium membership crap; they had always promised they would get the archives from BFF 1.0 back up and running but when they did they suddenly wanted to cash in and thats what so much of the ego end of squatching is about these days, "How can I cash in?" all the while the person is claiming they're in it for the research which is bullshit. The BFF mods have taken a massive dump on bigfooting in general.

I got an official warning for changing my avatar to a pic of Princess Leia having her boob touched by Chewbacca! There was a severe sense of humour failure. I asked for my account to deleted shortly after that.

The premium membership is a joke. The "tar-pit" is a place where premium members go and perform some kind of group venting therapy. There's something particularly worrying about charging money for access to an 'exclusive' area of a public forum.
avatar
mark_boy

Posts : 13
Join date : 2012-08-01
Location : Essex, UK

View user profile https://twitter.com/mark_b_o_y

Back to top Go down

Re: Why do "skeptics" troll on Bigfoot Forums?

Post  CMcMillan on Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:51 am

StankApe wrote:the difference is we know bobcat exist, we have studied their behavior, anatomy, bred them in the captivity and have them in zoo's and private collections. Bigfoot has none of these virtues in it's favor. You combine that with the fact that we KNOW people have hoaxed hundreds of prints (and Bigfoot "researchers have been caught doing it in an attempt to build a "name in the field") and that human prints expand over time in the ground. (have done this myself , made a footprint in wet sand then came out two days later after a rain and my print was exactly the same, but 3 inches longer and 2 inches wider, and with me wearing a size 12/13 to start with, the print looked enormous).

All I'm saying man, is that every piece of evidence must be looked at with skepticism and scrutiny. Blindly accepting everything that comes through the door isn't a wise move, nor is it very scientific.

IMO, if Sykes' study bears some fruit. it'll be the best thing to happen to the footer world for 2 reasons:

1) it gives you something to hang you hat on evidence wise and will at worst narrow down the suspects
2) it will eliminate the charlatan, con artist, self promoters from the world of footery as the real scientists will take over and follow the proper methodology and won't be caught up in "look at me, look at me!!".

You seem to think that many Bigfoot believers Blindly accept things as Bigfoot. I have found that people believing in Bigfoot are more apt to claim something is a fake or question things as well.
I know for myself that I don't look at an image and jump right away to hey that is real. Its got to be a big foot. Or if someone circles an area in a shadow area and says see big foot is there. Our vision and our Mind can play tricks on us with shadows and highlights so i don't jump to a picture and say that IS big foot. But I am also not going to dismiss every image as a man in fur suit.
For me the facts that several experts in the fields of foot research in primates have researched many prints and ruled out ones that just are wrong, and they still come to the conclusion scientifically that something lives in the Woods of North America.
We assume we are so smart and cleaver as humans that we SHOULD have found such a large creature in the forests. That we have advanced so much that we should have found it. Yet when you look at other scientists who discovered other animals many of them gave up their life savings to spend years in the jungles looking and observing. Bigfoot tracking just doesn't have this. People aren't spending years in the forests waiting for them to show. Bigfoot is suppose to be more intelligent than other creatures.
We also don't know the population of the creature.
Think about the past explorer's who saw Mountain lion prints but never saw one or never knew what it was. We are at this stage in bigfoot research. Hopefully we will have a good report and evidence on the DNA samples with maybe actual images of the species.

p.s. I am not a Man I am a Woman



avatar
CMcMillan

Posts : 1097
Join date : 2012-08-05
Location : USA CT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why do "skeptics" troll on Bigfoot Forums?

Post  StankApe on Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:52 am

g


Last edited by StankApe on Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
StankApe

Posts : 351
Join date : 2012-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why do "skeptics" troll on Bigfoot Forums?

Post  CMcMillan on Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:04 pm

Yea i love to read all the different forums and threads.
I do know that there is a good number of people jumping at every picture going see LOOK A squatch!!
I just happen to not be one of these people.
I also know a good number of people that are same as me. Who Question things as well.

I would love to be proven right in what i saw all those years ago.
For me its always been more about the possibility of this creature being alive that has thrilled me. If it doesn't its still a good tale to tell no?




avatar
CMcMillan

Posts : 1097
Join date : 2012-08-05
Location : USA CT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why do "skeptics" troll on Bigfoot Forums?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum