Bigfoot News
Bigfoot Evidence
Bigfoot Evidence
RSS feeds


Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 



Why do bigfoot enthusiasts hold on to evidence that science has dismissed?

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why do bigfoot enthusiasts hold on to evidence that science has dismissed?

Post  BurdenOfProof on Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:01 pm

The pgf.

Jacobs photos.

Hovey photo.

Sound recordings

Footprints

Etc


Big footers look to science to solve it but when science dismisses their "best evidence" they hold on to it. I've heard people still say the Jacobs photos are of a sasquatch when scientists have clearly said its a bear.

No doubt have some loons chime in on here its a bigfoot.

Science works. Its the reason you own a computer and are able to talk to people all over the world on a forum like this.

A little bit of logic and reason goes a long way.
avatar
BurdenOfProof

Posts : 263
Join date : 2012-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Why do bigfoot enthusiasts hold on to evidence that science has dismissed?

Post  SasquaiNation on Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:08 pm

Exactly how has science proven any of the things that you've mentioned? "Proof" is a strong word, no matter what side of the debate you take. If science has proven anything, then some links to this proof would be enlightening.
If it's just the opinion of scientists, then it doesn't hold water. Opinions do not make things fact.

SasquaiNation

Posts : 200
Join date : 2012-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why do bigfoot enthusiasts hold on to evidence that science has dismissed?

Post  Woodwose on Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:32 pm

On the other hand absence of evidence (or inconclusive evidence) doesn't mean that we should believe in every cryptid until it is proven not to exist.


Last edited by Woodwose on Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:26 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Woodwose

Posts : 389
Join date : 2012-08-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why do bigfoot enthusiasts hold on to evidence that science has dismissed?

Post  GT3Paul on Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:46 am

Dude (Or Dudette) I have been a scientist for 30 years, and the 10 before that I was a technician. So I am about as well rounded (some say fat) as you can be as a scientist. The first thing you need to know about science is there is nothing written in stone. Just because someone dismissed something and they are a scientist, that alone should be a red flag to you. This is what I KNOW. Scientist just like EVERYONE else have agendas, reasons for their findings and they are as jaded and as bent as everyone else. The ONLY thing a degree in Science gets you is a license to LEARN. It means NOTHING in the grand scheme of things and it doesnt mean anything just because PAULGT3 Naval Systems Engineer 25 years in GPS research and other thing writes something down.
Global warming should show you that science has reasons for pushing things. Like funding their programs. Like funding their grad students. Like keeping their cushy Prof jobs at big time Universities.
Science has dismissed NOTHING when it comes to BigFoot. Science has determines absolutely ZERO when it comes to how many large bipedal species live in places most of these "Scientists" have NEVER been. So just because some PH.D. says BigFoot doesnt exist, means squatch $hit. Outside of Meldrum and Bindernagel most of these guys havent been outside their own lab, much less in the forrest.
So saying Science has dismissed ANYTHING should tell you your statement is a bit naive. A Scientist should only admit that the possibility exists that these creatures are out there but they dont know for sure. Anything more than that and they are being a Pompous Pius A$$
Science can only guess about what they have as evidence. Science can only postulate theories about what they THINK they know. Here is a fact for you. The possiblity that Bigfoot exists is MUCH more probable that the extent of what Science knows about Global warming.
Just the audacity that we KNOW how Nature reacts and that man can over come Mother Nature by our little piddly actions here on this planet is nonsense. One Volcanic eruption does more damage with MUCH more power and magnitude than Man can ever come up with.
A little humility and respect for nature goes a long way, much further than your idea that a computer is some kind of sign that man has conquered nature. The eye of a Fly is a MUCH more complex organ and magnificent computer than the silly laptop I am typing on now. Have some respect for the universe and get off the soapbox where you think Man has over come time and space. Because we have NOT my dear friend.
avatar
GT3Paul
Admin

Posts : 315
Join date : 2012-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why do bigfoot enthusiasts hold on to evidence that science has dismissed?

Post  StankApe on Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:22 am

gps research is hardly a natural science, and your earlier crazed god statements have made your position moot. Your agenda is as clear as a bell and it isn't based on logic or critical thinking....


in other words, you doth know not of what you speak sir. sorry, that's the nicest way I can put it. yer an idealogue
avatar
StankApe

Posts : 351
Join date : 2012-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why do bigfoot enthusiasts hold on to evidence that science has dismissed?

Post  GT3Paul on Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:30 pm

Skank
you may be the poorest conveyor of ideas I have ever read. I dont have agendas, other than I believe BigFoot may exist.
GPS isnt a natural science? Have you ever heard of orbital study? How natural bodies orbit others in gravitational fields?Keplerian orbital
elements? Or how about Interferometery? How about the study of the way radio waves travel through the Ionoshperic conditions?
Inertial navigation and the theory of gyroscopic physics?

I think you may be the least intelligent operator of a keyboard I have ever met. All I did was present an alternate theory to his idea that Science has
disproved these pieces of evidence. Can you comprehend? I think not.

Someone asked about trolls in another thread. Skank is a perfect example. this guy has no problems embarrassing himself.
avatar
GT3Paul
Admin

Posts : 315
Join date : 2012-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Let's keep it Civil

Post  SasquaiNation on Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:40 pm

Hey you two, can we keep it civil please? Pretty please with pancakes and bacon on top. Thanks

SasquaiNation

Posts : 200
Join date : 2012-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why do bigfoot enthusiasts hold on to evidence that science has dismissed?

Post  GT3Paul on Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:43 pm

Nation,
All I did is provide some alternate ideas. Then this THING attacked me. I just pointed out he doesnt even seem to read what I wrote.

Look at his other post. I just provide an idea that has been stated before and he jumped all over me. He doesnt seem to comprehend real well.

I like the pancakes!!
avatar
GT3Paul
Admin

Posts : 315
Join date : 2012-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Let's keep it Civil

Post  SasquaiNation on Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:03 pm

GT3Paul wrote:Nation,
All I did is provide some alternate ideas. Then this THING attacked me. I just pointed out he doesnt even seem to read what I wrote.

Look at his other post. I just provide an idea that has been stated before and he jumped all over me. He doesnt seem to comprehend real well.

I like the pancakes!!

I've read what was written Paul, this is why I addressed both of you. I'm not giving you guys hell, and it's not my place to take sides. There aren't many rules here but I hope that courtesy towards each other is a given,that's all. Smile

I like pancakes too, big stacks of them with tons of syrup.

SasquaiNation

Posts : 200
Join date : 2012-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why do bigfoot enthusiasts hold on to evidence that science has dismissed?

Post  BurdenOfProof on Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:11 pm

So you are a scientist for 30 years and in the other thread you said theres plenty of evidence God exists?

Seriously?
avatar
BurdenOfProof

Posts : 263
Join date : 2012-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why do bigfoot enthusiasts hold on to evidence that science has dismissed?

Post  GT3Paul on Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:57 pm

Nation I know, but his kind of behaviour is why I CAME here. To avoid that

Burden I worked for 30 years at Naval Air Warfare Center at China Lake developing systems for our warfighter.
This place was built in the 40's for WWII and it continues to develop great systems for the Navy.
The Catholic Church here is the richest in the Fresno Diocese. The Luthern Church is HUGE. There are TWO Mormon churches
in our town of RIdgecrest thats 2 miles long by 1 mile wide.

60% of this town are scientists and engineers and most of us go to church. So YOU are right and we are all wrong?
You are worse than I thought. The head civilian on base the lead engineer is a leader in the Catholic Church here.

You must be at LEAST 19 years old. You think your laptop is the pinnacle of human existence?
Think of how complex your brain is (well maybe not YOUR brain) and then tell me a couple pieces of sand hit each other billions of effin years ago
and then you showed up. USE REASONING MY FRIEND REASON!!. Evidence is ALL OVER. Just look at an ecosystem and how everything depends on everything
else in that system and tell me that showed up by itself.
avatar
GT3Paul
Admin

Posts : 315
Join date : 2012-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why do bigfoot enthusiasts hold on to evidence that science has dismissed?

Post  SasquaiNation on Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:05 pm

I understand your position Paul. The only things I'll address are profanity, personal attacks, and trolling. Perhaps I should have let you guys sort it out first. Just wanted to nip it in the bud.
I'll get back to my beer now Wink

SasquaiNation

Posts : 200
Join date : 2012-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why do bigfoot enthusiasts hold on to evidence that science has dismissed?

Post  GT3Paul on Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:16 pm

Nation,
I came here to talk about BigFoot with like thinkers. This guys doesnt believe. It seems he is here to troll. Seriously he thinks that ALL Scientist CANT believe in God or BigFoot?
I will just go your way, ignore the guy and get on with talking about our favorite subject. Really his black and white position isnt up for discussion and debate seems to be something he doesnt believe in so back to our regular programming.
Thanks for watching out for us!!!
Heck I am working on FLIR UAVs to see if we can catch the buger in the night.
avatar
GT3Paul
Admin

Posts : 315
Join date : 2012-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why do bigfoot enthusiasts hold on to evidence that science has dismissed?

Post  StankApe on Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:26 am

GT3Paul wrote:Skank
you may be the poorest conveyor of ideas I have ever read. I dont have agendas, other than I believe BigFoot may exist.
GPS isnt a natural science? Have you ever heard of orbital study? How natural bodies orbit others in gravitational fields?Keplerian orbital
elements? Or how about Interferometery? How about the study of the way radio waves travel through the Ionoshperic conditions?
Inertial navigation and the theory of gyroscopic physics?

I think you may be the least intelligent operator of a keyboard I have ever met. All I did was present an alternate theory to his idea that Science has
disproved these pieces of evidence. Can you comprehend? I think not.

Someone asked about trolls in another thread. Skank is a perfect example. this guy has no problems embarrassing himself.

lol, I have a verified IQ of 162 won the State Science Fair like 5 times when I was a kid and was once a double major in physics and astronomy, so yeah, I'm a smart guy. In fact, like most smart people, I look at things for how they ARE and no how I WANT THEM TO BE. You have evidence to back up your claims? Great! present said evidence for perusal and verification. If you don't have any evidence, your claims are either opinions or speculation.

Your crazed assertions regarding Global Warming (which exists, the evidence is there, the cause and level of negative affects however, there is where one can debate) and the Big Bang (which if a couple of pieces of sand is the best analogy you can come up with I understand why my car keeps saying "RECALCULATING!" every friggin 5 minutes) are not the statements of a scientific critical thinking mind. The fact that you say 60% of the scientists around there go to church, pretty much explains 1 of 2 possible things:

A) they go cuz their wives make them or
B) they have about as much critical thinking ability as a tapioca pudding cup, cuz anyone who claim to do scientific work and isn't ,AT THE LEAST, a bit dubious of an invisible man who lives in the sky who runs everything and has a plan for all of us and does terrible things for the hell of it but loves us, IS NOT USING THEIR FACULTIES!


good day sir!
avatar
StankApe

Posts : 351
Join date : 2012-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why do bigfoot enthusiasts hold on to evidence that science has dismissed?

Post  StankApe on Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:36 am

GT3Paul wrote:Nation,
I came here to talk about BigFoot with like thinkers. This guys doesnt believe. It seems he is here to troll. Seriously he thinks that ALL Scientist CANT believe in God or BigFoot?
I will just go your way, ignore the guy and get on with talking about our favorite subject. Really his black and white position isnt up for discussion and debate seems to be something he doesnt believe in so back to our regular programming.
Thanks for watching out for us!!!
Heck I am working on FLIR UAVs to see if we can catch the buger in the night.


Oh hell no , you are not getting away with that load of BS.......

Where did i say anything about Bigfoot in my response to you?

YOU CAME ON A BIGFOOT SITE AND STARTED SPREADING JESUS TALK AROUND. and I called you on it. You claimed the logical fallacy of argument from authority "I'm a GPS scientist so anything I say about ANYTHING is a fact and if you don't accept it you are a troll!!!! blarghhh!!!!!!!" No sir, you are an expert at what you do I'm sure (as are many of the other engineers and such you work/worked with) but that gives you no authority on religious talk, nor any special insight or access to facts in regards to Bigfoot. On here, when it comes to the possible existence of Bigfoot(or God for that matter) we are all just giving our opinions. and all are valid. Now some are backed up with more logic, reasoning or compelling details than others. But that doesn't make them true or false really, it makes them either more or less likely than the null.


I think that you aren't too used to being challenged on your beliefs and it made you mad. Well, science is all about questioning things sir, and if your faith is so shaky you can't handle a little challenging of it, perhaps some self reflection is in order.

If you don't want to discuss God , don't bring it up, it's really that simple. This isn't the place for it really. If you keep doing it, I will keep calling you on it, and nobody wants to listen to that crap....
avatar
StankApe

Posts : 351
Join date : 2012-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why do bigfoot enthusiasts hold on to evidence that science has dismissed?

Post  BurdenOfProof on Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:45 pm

"Think of how complex your brain is (well maybe not YOUR brain) and then tell me a couple pieces of sand hit each other billions of effin years ago
and then you showed up"

Not a single scientist in the world would say such a ridiculous thing happened. A couple of pieces of sand hit each other and then we showed up?

Read up on the theory of evolution and abiogenesis. Its a difficult concept for humans to understand as we are bound by the timescales of our own lives but open your mind up a little and it may just become clear.

avatar
BurdenOfProof

Posts : 263
Join date : 2012-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why do bigfoot enthusiasts hold on to evidence that science has dismissed?

Post  NiceGuyJon on Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:00 pm

I've heard of "science" claiming that this evidence is not enough, never heard of "it" outright dismissing it.
avatar
NiceGuyJon

Posts : 1
Join date : 2012-08-03
Age : 35
Location : Lehigh Valley, PA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why do bigfoot enthusiasts hold on to evidence that science has dismissed?

Post  BurdenOfProof on Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:12 pm

AKA dismissed
avatar
BurdenOfProof

Posts : 263
Join date : 2012-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the forum

Post  Blondie1 on Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:50 pm

NiceGuyJon wrote:I've heard of "science" claiming that this evidence is not enough, never heard of "it" outright dismissing it.

Welcome to the forum NiceGuyJon!
avatar
Blondie1

Posts : 344
Join date : 2012-08-05
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why do bigfoot enthusiasts hold on to evidence that science has dismissed?

Post  GT3Paul on Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:59 pm

Science , Whatever that is, dismissed bigfoot just like it created global warming. I dont know who he thinks "Science" is but there is no credibility in
what "Science" says.
avatar
GT3Paul
Admin

Posts : 315
Join date : 2012-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why do bigfoot enthusiasts hold on to evidence that science has dismissed?

Post  I AM THE BLOBSQUATCH on Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:18 am

GT3Paul wrote:Science , Whatever that is, dismissed bigfoot just like it created global warming. I dont know who he thinks "Science" is but there is no credibility in
what "Science" says.
PREACH!

I AM THE BLOBSQUATCH

Posts : 71
Join date : 2012-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why do bigfoot enthusiasts hold on to evidence that science has dismissed?

Post  GT3Paul on Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:22 am

I am not preaching. I am giving you a VERY current example where "Science" what ever that is, can be coerced, bought, manipulated, distorted, politicized, disfigured
and indentured to special interests, management, governments, and academies for reasons that have no basis in fact. We have "Leading" universities, administrations, and governments making POLICY on things that they dont have any idea on what they looking at when they look at the so called SCIENTIFIC data. Data thats inaccurate, contrived, manipulated and just plain missing.
So how can ANYONE say Science has proven or "decided" that anything having to do with Bigfoot is real or not real.
There is MORE scientific evidence that Bigfoot exists than there is proving there is a politician that can quit spending.
avatar
GT3Paul
Admin

Posts : 315
Join date : 2012-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why do bigfoot enthusiasts hold on to evidence that science has dismissed?

Post  exnihilo on Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:04 am

This is going to end badly. Pass the popcorn.

exnihilo

Posts : 5
Join date : 2012-08-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why do bigfoot enthusiasts hold on to evidence that science has dismissed?

Post  BurdenOfProof on Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:24 am

Paul what are you going to tell me next? The moon landings were hoaxed? 9/11 was an inside job?
avatar
BurdenOfProof

Posts : 263
Join date : 2012-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why do bigfoot enthusiasts hold on to evidence that science has dismissed?

Post  CMcMillan on Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:26 am

Science is more concerened about exploring Mars or the Universe than attempting to spend money to explore and learn more about our own planet.
We still know so little about our own planet.
But I have had people tell me they "KNOW" for a fact big foot can not live in the forests of the US cause they feel we have searched the woods enough.
Obviously these people have never really hiked deep in the forests and realize that animals can easily hide from human beings.
Humans tend to use only our eyesight to "see" or "look' for the evidence in the woods.

Humans are arrogant in what we Believe we know to be fact.
for many things we may not have created the technology to find things or measure unexplained things as of yet.
avatar
CMcMillan

Posts : 1097
Join date : 2012-08-05
Location : USA CT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why do bigfoot enthusiasts hold on to evidence that science has dismissed?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum