Bigfoot Evidence
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bigfoot News
Bigfoot Evidence
Bigfoot Evidence
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Hoaxing why would people do it.

+3
sasdave
YSPR
CMcMillan
7 posters

Go down

Hoaxing why would people do it. Empty Hoaxing why would people do it.

Post  CMcMillan Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:56 pm

So I am wondering what others opinions on why people want to Hoax Bigfoot what do they gain.

We could have several kinds of Hoaxers

1.) The Skeptic (trying to Prove they can fool the experts)
2.) The Joke. (make a video get it buzz worthy and site back and laugh)
3.) The bigfoot researcher (wants people to believe them and creates a hoax)
CMcMillan
CMcMillan

Back to top Go down

Hoaxing why would people do it. Empty Re: Hoaxing why would people do it.

Post  YSPR Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:11 am

CMcMillan wrote:So I am wondering what others opinions on why people want to Hoax Bigfoot what do they gain.

We could have several kinds of Hoaxers

2.) The Joke. (make a video get it buzz worthy and site back and laugh)
3.) The bigfoot researcher (wants people to believe them and creates a hoax)

IMO, I believe that that there are a few core reasons from the different groups listed, and each one can be a combination of these reasons. However I do believe that each one does have a key / main motivation that separates the groups. (Money, Perceived power / knowledge, Fun / Joke /notoriety)

The hard line skeptic /non believer or cynics whatever you want to call them do it for the perceived power that they have to fool the “experts” and to prove to themselves and others that they are smarter and know the real truth. In short to mock the Bigfoot Community!

2.) The Joke. (make a video get it buzz worthy and sit back and laugh)
The Jokesters are just that for the most part, they just want to goof and laugh and to possibly get there 1 minute of fame on YouTube or a Bigfoot site. This will continue to happen especially since there are so many sites posting everything, and the internet and Bigfoot are easy venues to exploit.

3.) The Bigfoot researcher (wants people to believe them and creates a hoax)
To me this is biggest problem within the entire community. It ensures that even if any plausible evidence is collected it will be more suspect or downright disregarded as fake. The people that do this are not trying to help the community to prove the existence; they are trying to generate a revenue flow. Whether it is achieved by discrediting a competing researcher or to bolster their own image, the key motivator revolves around the possibility of money. This happens at all levels of the community from the backyard seeker to the supposed top researchers, the world is full of dishonest people. How many times have they gotten away with it?

The only way to improve on this entire topic is to continually ask the hard questions, scrutinize everything and try to weed out the crap.

YSPR
YSPR

Back to top Go down

Hoaxing why would people do it. Empty Why Hoax...

Post  sasdave Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:41 pm

Just thought I would check some of the older posts. So why would someone partake to hoax. I have witnessed this being so I for one would not hoax; but, it appears hoaxers haven't been a witness to this so called non existant being. Science and religion have hid from the possability also. Us that have witnessed this creature, I guess insult these so called hunters, city folk and those that think they are more intelligent then your average person. Hoaxers I feel have no trust in their fellow man or woman so they perpetuate this in their actions and think it is funny. Things have changed a bit except that most that witness this creature are so taken back or scared that there is no thought of finding valid evidence. The terror can be so overwelming, one just runs. The media has not helped, they appear to make a joke of this subject and they in one way or another give some the idea to create a hoax. Hoaxers are jokers turned into liars; especially, if you are one chosen to witness these grand beings. One day a hoaxer will see one and they will probably believe it is a hoax themselves. Personally I have not heard of anyone making big money off this subject, most are content with keeping their silence as the education system is there for other reasons. Believ it or not.

sasdave

Back to top Go down

Post  CoolStoryDude Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:09 pm

Different kinds of hoaxes, too. It takes a fair bit of commitment to build a monkey suit, hike out to the hinterlands, get video or a photo, then upload it, "enhance" it, and share it with the credulous universe. Posting a story online doesn't take that much work, and may arise from a wholly different motivation.

CoolStoryDude

Back to top Go down

Post  Brooksey501 Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:47 am

Ask Wes Germer he will tell you why, don't what ever you do join his website Sasquatch Chronicles, he rips other sites BF stories and posts them onto his website. Then he charges you $7 to view other peoples blogs or film. Way to go Wes you dirtbag!

Brooksey501

Back to top Go down

Post  Gus Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:45 pm

Honestly I think it starts with people wondering if they could actually pull it off. For years I was trying to talk a tall friend of mine into eating twigs and berries for a week so he could dress like a bigfoot and poop by a dumpster as a gag....I'm still working on him.
Gus
Gus

Back to top Go down

Post  KeninGA Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:58 pm

Personally, I think it would be a terrible mistake for someone to try and impersonate a Bigfoot, mainly due to guys like me who have decided that if I ever encounter a Bigfoot I'm shooting it and bringing it out for scientist to study and determine where it belongs on the tree of like.

.....and yes, if you are a Bigfoot faker and you think it would be fun to hoax and our paths cross, I will shoot you. Then when I see you are a hoaxer, I'll call 911 and leave you body location so you can be recovered.

....and no, it won't bother me at all.

.......and yes, my honestly will freak a number of people out, sorry for that. I should say I will make ever effort to determine if it's a real Biggy or a fake Footy. The guy doing the hoaxing is just as responsible for his safety, it's not up to me.

I seriously doubt that Bigfoots are real, however, in all truth I can't rule out the possibility, but I'm devoted to getting real evidence, not a fuzzy, inky blob, that could be anything.

KeninGA

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down