Bigfoot Evidence
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bigfoot News
Bigfoot Evidence
Bigfoot Evidence
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Footprints Algonquin Oct 2

2 posters

Go down

Footprints Algonquin Oct 2 Empty Footprints Algonquin Oct 2

Post  Asimo5000 Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:05 am

Hi there, just thought I'd share this.  I found some footprints while hiking in Algonquin last week.  I originally concluded it was a bear, only because about a half a mile before this we found some very fresh bear scat.  However, the scat was hours old, and these prints were at least 1-2days old. The prints didn't resemble anything like a bear, not one print like a paw or with claws, many of the prints have a very large stride, and the prints I took a closer look at clearly showed a distinct heal.  Later on in the day I did find bear tracks which were undoubtedly bear tracks, which made me more curious about these.  Unfortunately hiking was a main focus so I didn't take much time to examine the prints as we didn't want to waste too much time since we had hours of hiking ahead of us.  

Here is the YouTube link.  I don't have any other videos simply because I use my YouTube acct for subscriptions and not so much for uploads.

Last edited by Asimo5000 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total

Asimo5000

Back to top Go down

Footprints Algonquin Oct 2 Empty Re: Footprints Algonquin Oct 2

Post  Tzieth Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:21 am

It's hard to say.. too much leaf litter. But they seem to be in-lined. But the width compared to the length makes me think it was a bear running. Bears tend to step inside their own prints when they run. The fact that there was so much leaf litter was probably why claws or for that matter, toes were not very distinct. Whatever it was looks like it was stepping on the leaves that were already on the ground and pushing them in which would also distort the shape Sad
Tzieth
Tzieth

Back to top Go down

Post  Asimo5000 Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:25 am

Is it only when bears run that they step in their own prints? Or is this like a habit they have at any pace?

Asimo5000

Back to top Go down

Post  Tzieth Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:53 am

Asimo5000 wrote:Is it only when bears run that they step in their own prints? Or is this like a habit they have at any pace?

Not sure.. I have never seen a bear walk in the wild. But back in 1994, I was deployed to Idaho to fight forest fires, and seen many bear tracks that were single foot tracks. I seen three bears there and two were running. The third was a cub walking towards us, so we ran the opposite direction before mamma came around.

But the prints in your video still have me confused.. overlapping bear tacks that I have seen were still longer than they were wide... You have Dogmen up there? lol
Tzieth
Tzieth

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down