Bigfoot Evidence
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bigfoot News
Bigfoot Evidence
Bigfoot Evidence
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Catch and release?

3 posters

Go down

Catch and release? Empty Catch and release?

Post  Green911 Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:28 pm

So with all the discussion about kill/no kill of Bigfoot going on, has anyone thought about doing a catch and release? Using tranquilizers to knock one out, doing some quick tests, taking pictures, the letting it go.

Why is this not being discussed. This technique has been used by mainstream researchers of wildlife for years now, why not for Bigfoot?

elephant
Green911
Green911

Back to top Go down

Catch and release? Empty Tranq a Bigfoot

Post  JJemss Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:15 pm

Would be a good idea, but first you would have to find a Bigfoot and estimate it's size and weight so that you could get the right amount of tranquilliser to sedate it.

Get it wrong and you have one pissed off animal.

I am 'no kill', even if you bought back one body for scientific verification it could be explained away as an anomaly, you would have to bring a couple of bodies.
JJemss
JJemss

Back to top Go down

Catch and release? Empty Re: Catch and release?

Post  Green911 Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:30 am

Believe me I am for no kill. But watching nature shows for years, when they do tranquilize, how do those researchers estimate on the fly, for animals like bears, lions etc?

If we tranquilize, take measurements, pictures , hair and tissue samples, then run like hell. That may do it, proof.

elephant
Green911
Green911

Back to top Go down

Post  JJemss Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:23 am

I would assume that they base their estimates for tranquilliser doses from working with animals in captivity.

I watched an hour programme about that guy in Ohio last year with the private zoo who released all his animals, they made an attempt to tranquillise some of them and just weren't able to sort the doses out on the fly and ended up killing most of them.

It might be better to shoot one in the bum with a GPS tracker, if you know where it is all the time you can find it and study it better. I don't know if these things exist though or if you could get one small enough that it wouldn't irritate the poor Bigfoot. Shocked
JJemss
JJemss

Back to top Go down

Post  Tzieth Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:22 pm

Well, In both cases I think you will wind up with that "It seemed like a good idea at the time.." lol It's like when you were a kid and came across a Yellow Jacket nest hanging up in your shed, Barn, or garage and thought "This could be dangerous, I better knock it down with a rock or something!!!".... Yeah good idea at the time, till they all target you and sting you multiple times Rolling Eyes (Goodtimes lol).

But pissing off an 8-10 foot giant by shooting it in the rear end??? I think that will more than sting lol. You could wind up with your gun shoved up your own rear end if you were lucky Shocked
Tzieth
Tzieth

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down