AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

The Front Page

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Front Page

Post  Woodwose on Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:16 am

Surely the fibres in coarser hair more easily bind together and become matted in a way that could be misinterpreted?

In addition most women use conditioners that prevent matting and would not allow their hair to blow freely in the wind for extended periods of time. Also if a woman did have her hair matted in the same way as seen in my referenced image, she is going to know full well whether or not it's been done by natural means.

I mean, if a woman wakes up with a serious case of bed-head that happens to look like a poor attempt at braiding, would she be justified in thinking that someone or some thing had done this to her?
Woodwose

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tzieth on Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:30 pm

There is both a pro and a con to this braiding thing... The pro, is that If these are a human species, then such rudimentary art-skills would not be so far-fetched. In tracing back our own archaeological pre-history, Wherever coastal village remains were found, so were nets. weaving and knots seem to be the first thing early Homo-Sapiens mastered. Why wouldn't another type of human?

The Con.. And it is a big one. One of the most consistent reports in regards to Sasquatch encounters, are the erratic behavior of domestic animals. Dogs cower, cats hiss and run away or hide, and horses rear up and go nuts... How would a Sasquatch even get near a spooked horse to braid it's mane? Unless as I suspect, there are more than one species in North America and the over-generalization has us giving the attributes of one, unjustly to another? But then again, we are talking about the Texas variety where the reports are more violent.. I just don't see this braiding thing as likely Neutral
Tzieth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Woodwose on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:01 pm

Good points.

As an addition to your first point: wouldn't the braiding be closer in quality to what you would expect a person to achieve?
Woodwose

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tzieth on Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:54 pm

Woodwose wrote:Good points.

As an addition to your first point: wouldn't the braiding be closer in quality to what you would expect a person to achieve?

Not sure.. are there actual pictures of these "braids"? Also, I do not know the breed of the horses. My mother breeds Arabians now, but when I was a kid she was into color-breeds such as Paints and Palomino's. Unlike the Arabians she now has, one of my chores was to always brush the horses down... Not just to get rid of the Horsefly eggs, but their manes and tails would easily get matted. If she (Ketchum) keeps her horses out on leased land where her Bigfoots habituate, then chances are that she is not grooming her horses. These "braids" could just as easily be natural madding. ESPECIALLY in Texas. Horses tend to roll around to knock off flies and to cool themselves. In the process they pick up grass burs and goat-heads (Stickers) which get caught in their coats, manes and tails causing massive tangles. But since Ketchum's main breakthrough is mapping the equine genetic code and since she is a vet... God I hope she knows the difference between a tangle and a braid. lol
Tzieth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Woodwose on Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:07 pm

As far as I'm aware, there aren't any images of the braiding reported by Ketchum. I was referring to the supposed braiding seen on Robin Lynne Pfeifer horses (see earlier post for Link).
Woodwose

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tzieth on Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:44 pm

Woodwose wrote:As far as I'm aware, there aren't any images of the braiding reported by Ketchum. I was referring to the supposed braiding seen on Robin Lynne Pfeifer horses (see earlier post for Link).

Okay LMAO. If I am not mistaken, that was a Shetland Pony? I had one when I was about 12 and my mother took it away from me and sold it because I was not "upkeeping" it. I was not used to woolly breeds and that thing had to be brushed daily or it's hair would look just like in that photo. That is no braid, that is simply what happens when you don't constantly groom them. You don't need the wind for that one. Their manes are naturally coarse. I remember the argument I had with my mother that I was brushing the damned thing, but the more I brushed it, the worse it got.

IF.. A sasquatch were to do this, I would not expect it to look like what was in the photo that CM put up, but I would at least expect it to look somewhat manipulated. Maybe twisted up with a twig at the bottom and tied into some sort of a knot.
Tzieth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Woodwose on Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:53 pm

That was my thinking also.

Your grooming story puts me in mind of generations of kids making up tall tales to explain away their not doing their chores.......'honest Mum I groomed the horses...the faries must have done it' Very Happy
Woodwose

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ravinoff on Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:37 pm

The Newfoundland bigfoot tracks are nothing but mainlanders who don't know what they're looking at. I live in Newfoundland, have all my life, and I see this every winter. What happens is that a trackway is laid down by people during cold weather, where the snow compacts and will eventually turn to ice. But this past week we've had a slightly warmer-than-average period where the temperatures got above freezing. The compacted snow and ice in the tracks exposes the underlying surface, which is darker than the snow and thus absorbs more energy from the sun, heating it up. The heat diffuses out in a roughly circular pattern, that apparently looks like bigfoot tracks. I'd like to have a little more detail on where exactly these were found, I'd go check it out myself.
Ravinoff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top