Bigfoot Evidence
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bigfoot News
Bigfoot Evidence
Bigfoot Evidence
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Finally!!!

3 posters

Go down

Finally!!! Empty Finally!!!

Post  Tzieth Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:01 am

The one thing that always bothered me was how on BFRO database, Cape Girardeau, County in Missouri had and has zero reports. My Mother, my Grandmother, My Aunt, my cousins and my mothers group of friends all had Class A encounters. Their local Preacher was even making fun out of my Grandmother after she called the police the morning after her encounter. By the way, the Preachers son was my mothers boyfriend at the time and one of the kids who was with my mother when she had her encounter lol.

From the stories I heard, it was as if everyone in their community either had an encounter, or made fun of those who claimed that they did. My mother and grandparents lived in a little town called Pocahontas, My Aunt and Cousins lived in Jackson and a friend of my father told me he had an encounter in Orial... All of these are little towns within Cape Girardeau County. And most of them border Trail of Tears State Park. All of the encounters took place in the 1970's (With my Aunts sighting being either late 70's or early 80's) You would think this area was a hotbed. But no mention of it on BFRO nor old local news archives (That I have found yet anyway.) But what everyone tells me is that after all the sightings started happening "Army Trucks" started frequenting the back roads. That in it's self is a mistery to me as the closet Army Post would have been a Ft.Leonardwood a few 100 miles away and Leonardwood is a Tradoc Post for Engineers. (Where I did my Basic and AIT.)

But i finally found a report from the same time era and location

"Report Received From: The GCBRO Online Report Submission Form.

Report Posted To GCBRO Web Site On: October 1, 2010

DATE: 04/01/76

TIME: Sunset

TERRAIN: Wooded

OBSERVED: I have never told a research group this before; however, I have told my friends & family & they have never believed me & have made fun of me. I was a sophomore in college at Southeast MO St. Univ. & my boyfriends & I went to Trail of Tears to lay out in the sun & study. I heard tree saplings being broken & I stood on top of a picnic table & down in the wooded ravine, I saw what looked like a bear walking on 2 feet with features of a human being, but covered with fur. I screamed for my boyfriend who was looking for relics and in an instant, it was gone. I will swear to this by taking a lie detector test. It's the absolute truth. When it was walking, it would swipe the trees gently & they would break off for it to walk. I did NOT feel threatened at all. I felt sorry for it actually, because it had a certain sadness to it. Hard to explain.

Additional things: The forest got extremely quiet right before I saw it.

Activities of Witness: We were laying on a blanket reading our textbooks. We had been kissing earlier. Not really talking. If we did, it was in a low voice. I think we were the only ones in the park. Never saw anyone else or any cars while we were there. It was like the first warm day of spring & we were anxious to get outside in the sun.

Description of Creature: About 7 ft. tall, brown fur, walking on hind legs, gentle-not threatening-sort of like it was lost & not sure where to go. Fur not matted. Features of face were similar to humans, but covered in fur. Never reported it because I wanted to protect it & still do, but I need validation of what I saw because I KNOW what I saw and want to talk to someone who believes in it that will not make fun of me & think I am crazy.

Other Notes: Trail of Tears State Park is part of the trail that the Indians were forced to take. It lays along the Mississippi River, encompasses thousands of acres and is quite hilly with deep ravines.

Other (Informational or Encounter History in the General Area) Notes: N/A

Additional Notes and or Follow up Comments: When Contacted the Witness Added: I want to add that it (I think it was a he for some reason) did look directly at me after I noticed it and when my voice could actually yell, I yelled for my boyfriend. I was so frightened at first, that I couldn't make a sound with my voice, although I tried & couldn't. What made me look was the sound of limbs being snapped into and I couln't see anything until I stood on top of the picnic table. At the point that I yelled to my boyfriend and turned my head away searching for him, is when it vanished into the thick woods.
If you don't believe me, that's fine. But my boyfriend at the time works now for the Secret Service and worked for the FBI before that & you could get his side of the story, although he never actually saw it, but he will remember how frightened I was & the description I gave to him was the same I give to you. I am an honest person and a Christian & I swear on the Holy Bible that this is the truth. IT DID NOT POSE AS A THREAT TO ME & IF ONE IS FOUND, I BEG YOU NOT TO PUT IT INTO A ZOO OR CAPTIVITY. "

Tzieth
Tzieth

Back to top Go down

Finally!!! Empty Happy for you...

Post  Blondie1 Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:36 am

I suspect there were more sightings but the people didn't want to report them.

Are these two stories anywhere near there?

http://from-the-shadows.blogspot.com/2009/11/missouri-bigfoot-part-1.html

http://from-the-shadows.blogspot.com/2009/11/missouri-bigfoot-part-2.html

Blondie1
Blondie1

Back to top Go down

Finally!!! Empty Re: Finally!!!

Post  Tzieth Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:11 am

Not really. I would not consider Crawford as South East Missouri. It's more in the Ozark Central not too far from Fort Leonardwood... But I found an encounter from the 1940's that is real close

"Late 1940s Nigger Wool Swamps. S-E Missouri - Gorilla-like animal killed cows and horses; someone shot it. (This may be the same case as Piney Ridge 1947.)"

This was at a time when the word "Bigfoot" and "Sasquatch" was not yet in the English Vocabulary Shocked

In fact, most of these are pre-"Bigfoot" encounters http://fob.l7space.com/southlist.php
Tzieth
Tzieth

Back to top Go down

Post  shoney Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:58 pm

I live in a small East Tennessee town. I have heard a few stories over the years but have only read one offical report on BFRO. People just will not come forward. I would say only 1 in 20 sightings are reported, and my estimate is probably low.
shoney
shoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Tzieth Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:29 pm

shoney wrote:I live in a small East Tennessee town. I have heard a few stories over the years but have only read one offical report on BFRO. People just will not come forward. I would say only 1 in 20 sightings are reported, and my estimate is probably low.

Wow really good point!!! This is an element I never thought about before. But rural towns where everyone knows everyone else would most likely have the highest encounters and the least likely to report it Shocked When I think about it, people in Missouri at that time would probably be more tight lipped than where I grew up in Texas. Up there word probably spreads fast. When your towns nearest neighboring town is also small and tight nit. Then you become the talk of the region.

Though I grew up in a small town (At least back then, it's not now lol.) In Texas, no one from Ft.Worth, Arlington, or Dallas is going to care about who did or saw what in some "Hick Town" in the South of the County.

I think you may have hit the nail on the head Shoney Wink
Tzieth
Tzieth

Back to top Go down

Post  shoney Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:18 pm

Also if my 1 in 20 estimate is correct (it's probably a little low) and there have been over ten thousand reported sightings, that would put the real number at two hundred thousand. That number blows my mind Shocked . 200,000 people are not just seeing bears or someone in a suit. These things are real, and anyone who says they are not needs to do some research and they will change their mind.
shoney
shoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum