Bigfoot Evidence
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bigfoot News
Bigfoot Evidence
Bigfoot Evidence
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

What REALLY happened to the Ketchum Project?

5 posters

Go down

What REALLY happened to the Ketchum Project? Empty What REALLY happened to the Ketchum Project?

Post  I AM THE BLOBSQUATCH Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:49 am

Maybe I'm a fool, but I actually believe this study is going to see the light of day. I just don't know when. i've read that Melba closed down her business and is reopening at another location, but its been some time since we had one of those updates from LINDSAY, and I'm starting to think SOMEONE may have put the KIBOSH on the whole thing! So what really happened here? Were we just strung along or what? Melba is a FB friend of mine and she's never given me any indication the study was DEAD, so what gives? Anyone have any inside INFO? HAPPY THANKSGIVING, ALL!

I AM THE BLOBSQUATCH

Back to top Go down

What REALLY happened to the Ketchum Project? Empty Re: What REALLY happened to the Ketchum Project?

Post  Green911 Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:51 am

Wish I did, I was wondering what was going on with this project. Lots of rumors were floating around, but nothing concrete.

Let me know if you hear anything .

elephant
Green911
Green911

Back to top Go down

What REALLY happened to the Ketchum Project? Empty Re: What REALLY happened to the Ketchum Project?

Post  Tzieth Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:39 am

No word from RL is a good thing lol. It means she finally has him off her back.
Tzieth
Tzieth

Back to top Go down

Post  Ravinoff Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:15 pm

My theory is she got the money and left. It was quite probably all a scam.
Ravinoff
Ravinoff

Back to top Go down

Post  Tzieth Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:43 am

Ravinoff wrote:My theory is she got the money and left. It was quite probably all a scam.

Still stand by that? lol
Tzieth
Tzieth

Back to top Go down

Post  Ravinoff Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:03 am

Tzieth wrote:
Ravinoff wrote:My theory is she got the money and left. It was quite probably all a scam.

Still stand by that? lol

Okay, maybe not. But I'll still be pretty surprised if this report is ever scientifically confirmed. I mean, any idiot can make a press release and claim to have solid proof of Bigfoot (and lord knows it's happened enough already), but getting published in a peer-reviewed is a bit more difficult. Doesn't mean it can't be fake, that's happened as well, but it takes more effort than most Bigfoot hoaxers are willing to put in.

If it's real, though? The name Ketchum is gonna be associated less with Pokemon and more with Leakey and Goodall. It'll be the anthropological discovery of the century, that's for certain.
Ravinoff
Ravinoff

Back to top Go down

Post  Blondie1 Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:53 am

Tzieth wrote:No word from RL is a good thing lol. It means she finally has him off her back.

Stated too soon apparently. He's back and I suspect we all know who his informant was. He has to save face some way.
Blondie1
Blondie1

Back to top Go down

Post  Tzieth Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:35 am

Blondie1 wrote:
Tzieth wrote:No word from RL is a good thing lol. It means she finally has him off her back.

Stated too soon apparently. He's back and I suspect we all know who his informant was. He has to save face some way.

LOL Sally better not slow her Mustang down lol She better keep driving right out of town lol.
Tzieth
Tzieth

Back to top Go down

Post  Tzieth Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:47 am

Ravinoff wrote:
Tzieth wrote:

Still stand by that? lol

Okay, maybe not. But I'll still be pretty surprised if this report is ever scientifically confirmed. I mean, any idiot can make a press release and claim to have solid proof of Bigfoot (and lord knows it's happened enough already), but getting published in a peer-reviewed is a bit more difficult. Doesn't mean it can't be fake, that's happened as well, but it takes more effort than most Bigfoot hoaxers are willing to put in.

If it's real, though? The name Ketchum is gonna be associated less with Pokemon and more with Leakey and Goodall. It'll be the anthropological discovery of the century, that's for certain.

I think it has already happened.. Look at Ketchum's past history. She had always carefully chosen her words. She never gave a timeline, and her vocabulary was limited to words such as "Hopefully" and "Trying" in reguards to the peer review. Furthermore she had all these NDA's and then stated from her own mouth, that SHE was not allowed to discuss anything her self. And according to Lindsay (So you have to take this with a grain of salt) There were lawsuit threats and various crap like that reguarding the NDA's.

Now Suddenly Dr Igor from Russia lets something slip without any sort of fear of a law suit. He seems to feel it is safe. Further more Ketchum then says she is disappointed, but that it was not his fault... Then Ketchum discloses everything... So obviously she is now allowed to talk about it. Remember, before in her facebook, she stated that we will all know once the peer review is passed.

To me, and I admit, I may be overly optimistic, it looks like she did pass review and her paper IS currently being published.

"Dallas, TX (PRWEB) November 24, 2012

A team of scientists can verify that their 5-year long DNA study, currently under peer-review, confirms the existence of a novel hominin hybrid species, commonly called “Bigfoot” or “Sasquatch,” living in North America. Researchers’ extensive DNA sequencing suggests that the legendary Sasquatch is a human relative that arose approximately 15,000 years ago as a hybrid cross of modern Homo sapiens with an unknown primate species.

The study was conducted by a team of experts in genetics, forensics, imaging and pathology, led by Dr. Melba S. Ketchum of Nacogdoches, TX. In response to recent interest in the study, Dr. Ketchum can confirm that her team has sequenced 3 complete Sasquatch nuclear genomes and determined the species is a human hybrid:

“Our study has sequenced 20 whole mitochondrial genomes and utilized next generation sequencing to obtain 3 whole nuclear genomes from purported Sasquatch samples. The genome sequencing shows that Sasquatch mtDNA is identical to modern Homo sapiens, but Sasquatch nuDNA is a novel, unknown hominin related to Homo sapiens and other primate species. Our data indicate that the North American Sasquatch is a hybrid species, the result of males of an unknown hominin species crossing with female Homo sapiens.

Hominins are members of the taxonomic grouping Hominini, which includes all members of the genus Homo. Genetic testing has already ruled out Homo neanderthalis and the Denisova hominin as contributors to Sasquatch mtDNA or nuDNA. “The male progenitor that contributed the unknown sequence to this hybrid is unique as its DNA is more distantly removed from humans than other recently discovered hominins like the Denisovan individual,” explains Ketchum.

“Sasquatch nuclear DNA is incredibly novel and not at all what we had expected. While it has human nuclear DNA within its genome, there are also distinctly non-human, non-archaic hominin, and non-ape sequences. We describe it as a mosaic of human and novel non-human sequence. Further study is needed and is ongoing to better characterize and understand Sasquatch nuclear DNA.”

Ketchum is a veterinarian whose professional experience includes 27 years of research in genetics, including forensics. Early in her career she also practiced veterinary medicine, and she has previously been published as a participant in mapping the equine genome. She began testing the DNA of purported Sasquatch hair samples 5 years ago.

Ketchum calls on public officials and law enforcement to immediately recognize the Sasquatch as an indigenous people:

“Genetically, the Sasquatch are a human hybrid with unambiguously modern human maternal ancestry. Government at all levels must recognize them as an indigenous people and immediately protect their human and Constitutional rights against those who would see in their physical and cultural differences a ‘license’ to hunt, trap, or kill them.”

Full details of the study will be presented in the near future when the study manuscript publishes.

###

Dr. Ketchum is available for interview or to answer further questions about the Sasquatch genome study and associated research on novel contemporary hominins at media(at)dnadiagnostics(dot)com

Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/11/prweb10166775.htm

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/943177#ixzz2DDb5wjpP"

Pay close attention to that last part. "Full details of the study will be presented in the near future when the study manuscript publishes."

That sort of tells me that it is happening as we speak.
Tzieth
Tzieth

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down