Bigfoot News
Bigfoot Evidence
Bigfoot Evidence
RSS feeds


Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 



Growing interest?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Growing interest?

Post  PNW MtnBiker on Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:08 am

Does anyone have any stats on how much the interest in Bigfoot has grown in the last couple of years? I've heard only comments on things like the Animal Planet FB tv show is extremely popular, or "my website has tripled in hits this month" etc. But where is the hard data? Just curious because as a mtn biker in the Pacific Northwest, I seem to see more people roaming around the woods when I go on my rides.

PNW MtnBiker

Posts : 1
Join date : 2012-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Growing interest?

Post  Tzieth on Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:04 am

PNW MtnBiker wrote:Does anyone have any stats on how much the interest in Bigfoot has grown in the last couple of years? I've heard only comments on things like the Animal Planet FB tv show is extremely popular, or "my website has tripled in hits this month" etc. But where is the hard data? Just curious because as a mtn biker in the Pacific Northwest, I seem to see more people roaming around the woods when I go on my rides.

There are but I think they may be obsolete. They were posted on the blog about a year ago, but it was more of a percentage on who believed what, not popularity. Bigfoot seems to go in fads though.

But as for Finding Bigfoot, I think that it's success was due to the void that Monster Quest left. If there was no Monster Quest first, I don't think Finding Bigfoot would have even lasted one season.
avatar
Tzieth

Posts : 478
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 43
Location : Vancouver, Washington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Growing interest?

Post  Green911 on Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:35 pm

I do think show like that have brought some of us "closet" believers out to talk finally. Insure would have stayed quiet had there not been the interest that there has been in the last few years.

elephant
avatar
Green911

Posts : 140
Join date : 2012-08-17
Age : 50
Location : Sacramento, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Growing interest?

Post  BurdenOfProof on Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:12 pm

people peddling hoaxes has attracted new believers
avatar
BurdenOfProof

Posts : 263
Join date : 2012-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Growing interest?

Post  Green911 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:18 pm

Granted there may be alot of hoaxers out there. But it is allowing an open discussion of the subject without the ridicule as there once was. I have been a believer for about 35 years. And there was a time where discussing the subject was taboo, and one was faced with being accused of a mental illness. Nowadays one can talk/discuss freely without being accused of that.

But what I don't like is when people still tell me I am nuts for believing, without having an open mind for what COULD be out there, or just to be opposite for the purposes of arguing, not truly discussing. I am open to all theories and evidence and looking at it with an open mind.

I thank you all here for allowing me to do that, and know that I am not crazy, something is out there.

elephant
avatar
Green911

Posts : 140
Join date : 2012-08-17
Age : 50
Location : Sacramento, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Growing interest?

Post  Danny Squatchanini on Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:47 am

Our thirst for Bigfoot goes back to In Search of...and those Unsolved Mystery shows in the 80's and early 90's and with the expansion of cable channels in the late 80's/early 90's.
It always has been around but with limited mediums around, it was hard to show. The Internet helps tremendously with dorks like us who tawk Bigfoot shop 24/7/365, while on the terlet, etc.
avatar
Danny Squatchanini

Posts : 127
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 48
Location : NYC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Growing interest?

Post  Blondie1 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:19 am

Green911 wrote:Granted there may be alot of hoaxers out there. But it is allowing an open discussion of the subject without the ridicule as there once was. I have been a believer for about 35 years. And there was a time where discussing the subject was taboo, and one was faced with being accused of a mental illness. Nowadays one can talk/discuss freely without being accused of that.

But what I don't like is when people still tell me I am nuts for believing, without having an open mind for what COULD be out there, or just to be opposite for the purposes of arguing, not truly discussing. I am open to all theories and evidence and looking at it with an open mind.

I thank you all here for allowing me to do that, and know that I am not crazy, something is out there.

elephant

Trust me you are not crazy. Ignore anyone who says so.If there's any doubt just ask someone who's seen one! Wink
avatar
Blondie1

Posts : 344
Join date : 2012-08-05
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Growing interest?

Post  Blondie1 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:20 am

Danny Squatchanini wrote:Our thirst for Bigfoot goes back to In Search of...and those Unsolved Mystery shows in the 80's and early 90's and with the expansion of cable channels in the late 80's/early 90's.
It always has been around but with limited mediums around, it was hard to show. The Internet helps tremendously with dorks like us who tawk Bigfoot shop 24/7/365, while on the terlet, etc.


Weren't those good shows though? We need more like those!
avatar
Blondie1

Posts : 344
Join date : 2012-08-05
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Growing interest?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum