MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Can someone explain this to me please?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can someone explain this to me please?

Post  Blondie1 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:49 pm

If one goes back and reads former posts of members here one will notice that often in the moderated section they have very good informative posts and are logical.

Then some of these very same posters go to the Un-moderated section and appear to act like trolls at times.

Could someone please explain that phenomena to me?

One more thing please try using the ignore feature and let me know how that works if one is having a problem with just one poster. You can do it via pm if you like. Thanks.
Blondie1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can someone explain this to me please?

Post  Tzieth on Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:23 pm

Blondie1 wrote:If one goes back and reads former posts of members here one will notice that often in the moderated section they have very good informative posts and are logical.

Then some of these very same posters go to the Un-moderated section and appear to act like trolls at times.

Could someone please explain that phenomena to me?

One more thing please try using the ignore feature and let me know how that works if one is having a problem with just one poster. You can do it via pm if you like. Thanks.

I do it.. I won't lie lol... Against trolls anyway. Actually I think we sort of all do it to an extent. Not "Trollish" but every post seems more aggressive.

Negativity breeds negativity.. In my case, I get fed up with the bashing of Ketchum and I sometimes use the unmodded section to blow off steam. But vs. GYY Yes, I was trolling and I cannot make up any excuse for that. Also, I seem to prefer the unmodded section when I am drunk for some reason Embarassed
Tzieth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Thanks that helps me understand a bit

Post  Blondie1 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:10 pm

Thanks TZ I appreciate your honesty.

Just an FYI-

Beware and keep in mind if you're going back reading comments of yours or other posters, many have been removed if they were rude or included inflamatory quotes of others,etc.

Also some make comments then immediately edit or delete them so you may be responding to something that isn't there anymore.
Blondie1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CMcMillan on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:07 am

I will post some things in UnMod because I want the Broad discussions.
Things like creationism, ID, Evolutionism seem to fit better in those areas.
While straight Information and straight Bigfoot talk I like in the regular area.
I look at it the wild Ideas of BF in UnMod while the more acceptable in the Regular.
If that makes sense.
CMcMillan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ravinoff on Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:11 pm

I figure it's an extension of GIFT (the Greater Internet F*ckwad Theory). An average person, when given complete anonymity and immunity from repercussions of what they say will immediately start spewing garbage for no other reason than they can.
Ravinoff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DPinkerton on Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:47 pm

Blondie1 wrote:If one goes back and reads former posts of members here one will notice that often in the moderated section they have very good informative posts and are logical.

Logic would say that if you remove the un-moderated section...you remove the trollish behavior. People would be "forced" to check themselves...to remain civil...the engage in polite, intelligent debate. I see nothing wrong with that at all. There is no topic on the forum that can only be discussed un-moderated....so why do we have a place that only exist for people to be rude to eachother?

DPinkerton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top