Bigfoot Evidence
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bigfoot News
Bigfoot Evidence
Bigfoot Evidence
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Serious Question About Bigfoot

+9
sasdave
Starz
Green911
CMcMillan
GT3Paul
Kel
MylesLI
Tzieth
tr11969
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Serious Question About Bigfoot Empty Serious Question About Bigfoot

Post  tr11969 Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:41 pm

I have worked in the railroad industry since 2000. I worked for BNSF, Union Pacific, and Amtrak. I did not drive or ride any trains while there. I currently work for a contractor with DOW Chemical and do drive a locomotive in a relatively small area. I have heard many train engineers talking about tracks running thru heavily wooded areas. I have heard stories about tracks running thru peoples property with livestock roaming freely. I have heard hundreds of stories about trains hitting everything from Gators, to wild horses, to cattle, deer, wolves, coyotes, bears, you name it and they've hit it in these remote areas. I have not once ever heard any stories of a train hitting or seeing anything remotely close to a Bigfoot. I've seen lots of fantastic video evidence and pics that looks too real to be faked. So can anyone explain why the railroads that run from Mexico thru the USA to Canada have never hit a Bigfoot?

tr11969

Back to top Go down

Serious Question About Bigfoot Empty Re: Serious Question About Bigfoot

Post  Tzieth Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:35 pm

tr11969 wrote:I have worked in the railroad industry since 2000. I worked for BNSF, Union Pacific, and Amtrak. I did not drive or ride any trains while there. I currently work for a contractor with DOW Chemical and do drive a locomotive in a relatively small area. I have heard many train engineers talking about tracks running thru heavily wooded areas. I have heard stories about tracks running thru peoples property with livestock roaming freely. I have heard hundreds of stories about trains hitting everything from Gators, to wild horses, to cattle, deer, wolves, coyotes, bears, you name it and they've hit it in these remote areas. I have not once ever heard any stories of a train hitting or seeing anything remotely close to a Bigfoot. I've seen lots of fantastic video evidence and pics that looks too real to be faked. So can anyone explain why the railroads that run from Mexico thru the USA to Canada have never hit a Bigfoot?

I have a better question for you... Why do they hit Humans and not stop?

You are basically talking about an overly cautious creature that may even be a type of Human. They most likely have advanced hearing. (Another theory of wood-knocks is that it is a form of echo-location). That being said, trains are loud and these things probably hear and feel them coming long before a person would.

Though you get the occasional sighting of Bigfoot crossing a road, cars change speed, trains stay relatively consistent. Makes sense to my why one was never hit.
Tzieth
Tzieth

Back to top Go down

Serious Question About Bigfoot Empty Question

Post  MylesLI Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:41 am

It's a valid question. I wonder if some sightings are repressed for fear of ridicule or worse. Obviously, no one is privy to all the conversations, recollections and stories but it does provide a healthy counter-balance to our exuberance.

What would be interesting would be if they had cameras mounted, for insurance reasons, to record any incidents. That would be an amazing peek into deep woods!

Healthy skepticism is a good thing!

MylesLI

Back to top Go down

Post  tr11969 Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:54 pm

MylesLI wrote:It's a valid question. I wonder if some sightings are repressed for fear of ridicule or worse. Obviously, no one is privy to all the conversations, recollections and stories but it does provide a healthy counter-balance to our exuberance.

What would be interesting would be if they had cameras mounted, for insurance reasons, to record any incidents. That would be an amazing peek into deep woods!

Most current trains are equipped with cameras both inside the cab and outside the cab. They work in connection with the trains 'black box' so when an incident does occur the railroads can see what happened. I have seen hundreds of animal strike videos yet no Bigfoot evidence. You'd think after years of this there would be a glimmer of evidence. Personally, I do believe they exist it's just very odd one of the leading industries in 24hr, 365 days a year transportation has not a single event involving them.

As for the question why we hit humans. You obviously have no idea what it takes to stop a train vs a motor vehicle/human. I wish they stopped on a dime but even going 5mph a train with 30 cars takes about 6 car lengths to stop.

tr11969

Back to top Go down

Post  Kel Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:42 pm

Are the videos independently reviewed even if there is no incident? Maybe... the crew doesn't want to report seeing a bigfoot?

Merry Christmas everybody!

Kel
Kel

Back to top Go down

Serious Question About Bigfoot Empty Trains

Post  MylesLI Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:44 pm

Tri thanks for the information. Welcome
Merry Christmas
Myles

MylesLI

Back to top Go down

Post  tr11969 Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:00 pm

Kel wrote:Are the videos independently reviewed even if there is no incident? Maybe... the crew doesn't want to report seeing a bigfoot?

Merry Christmas everybody!

The companies rewiew the footage of any incident. It tells them if the Engineer was sleeping, forgot to blow the horn, etc. It also shows if the vehicle or object ran the crossings of just in front of the trains. I know Union Pacific goes thru massive amounts of land owned by farming communities. They have an agreement if the cattle are on the tracks and struck by a train they pay for the cattle. The footage has never been made public and in most cases once reviewed it is either destroyed or recorded over.

tr11969

Back to top Go down

Post  Kel Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:57 pm

I'm thinking of the crew getting a glimpse what could be a bigfoot near the tracks or edge of the woods. As they approach, I imagine it would move into hiding. What was that? Did you see what I saw? No incident that needs to be reported, and they don't want to be considered crazy, so they probably agree it was a bear and forget about it.
Kel
Kel

Back to top Go down

Post  tr11969 Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:23 am

Kel wrote:I'm thinking of the crew getting a glimpse what could be a bigfoot near the tracks or edge of the woods. As they approach, I imagine it would move into hiding. What was that? Did you see what I saw? No incident that needs to be reported, and they don't want to be considered crazy, so they probably agree it was a bear and forget about it.

I've had crews tell me about strange lights in the sky they've seen as well as many unbelievable stories. I've heard stories involving guns, drugs, a woman that turned out to be a transsexual, you name it. A Bigfoot story would be considered mild compared to some of the things I've heard.

tr11969

Back to top Go down

Post  Kel Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:44 am

Have you asked crew members about sightings when they were alone and away from recording devices? You've got access to one of the best groups of potential eye witnesses. I've always hoped somebody would do a methodical study that questions park rangers, loggers and any other workers that spend extended time in the forests. But again, I think they would have to be one-on-one, private interviews.
Kel
Kel

Back to top Go down

Post  tr11969 Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:53 pm

Kel wrote:Have you asked crew members about sightings when they were alone and away from recording devices? You've got access to one of the best groups of potential eye witnesses. I've always hoped somebody would do a methodical study that questions park rangers, loggers and any other workers that spend extended time in the forests. But again, I think they would have to be one-on-one, private interviews.

Yes, on multiple occasions yet no one has ever said they've seen anything like that.

tr11969

Back to top Go down

Post  GT3Paul Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:17 pm

there are a couple possibilities and I am not saying this is what happened because I dont know.
There WERE incidents in the early part of the 1900's and the late 1800's. One story tells about a hit
and the BF was kept and treated. Jacko I think they called him.
Now today I think we have several things in play. If you think BF is smart enough to avoid Humans,
they they probably know where our train lines are, there arent that many any more are there?
So if you subscribe to the Daywatchers theory, they probably dont allow any females or children
near the tracks. They probably know where bridges are. If one DID get hit its probably going to be
an adolescent male looking to start his own tribe.
I am guessing they have such an understanding of where Humans are that they understand where train lines
are and avoid them.
The other thing in their favor is their supposed tremendous speed and athletic-ness, so in a rural area where they live
I am guessing its no problem to scamper over a track.
So my guesses are they stay away OR know the schedule and trains are more rare these days.
And they have the skills to scamper across the track even if they see it coming because according
to researchers a normal Squatch can embarrass Usain Bolt.
GT3Paul
GT3Paul
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tr11969 Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:28 pm

GT3Paul wrote:there are a couple possibilities and I am not saying this is what happened because I dont know.
There WERE incidents in the early part of the 1900's and the late 1800's. One story tells about a hit
and the BF was kept and treated. Jacko I think they called him.
Now today I think we have several things in play. If you think BF is smart enough to avoid Humans,
they they probably know where our train lines are, there arent that many any more are there?
So if you subscribe to the Daywatchers theory, they probably dont allow any females or children
near the tracks. They probably know where bridges are. If one DID get hit its probably going to be
an adolescent male looking to start his own tribe.
I am guessing they have such an understanding of where Humans are that they understand where train lines
are and avoid them.
The other thing in their favor is their supposed tremendous speed and athletic-ness, so in a rural area where they live
I am guessing its no problem to scamper over a track.
So my guesses are they stay away OR know the schedule and trains are more rare these days.
And they have the skills to scamper across the track even if they see it coming because according
to researchers a normal Squatch can embarrass Usain Bolt.

The trains don't really have a set schedule. They try to but with unknown delays it prevents them from running anything remotely the same several times in a row. You can see the current rail lines here: http://www.mapsofworld.com/usa/usa-rail-map.html
Is it possible they avoid the lines, yes but after hearing about just about everything else it's still shocking to me no incidents have occurred

tr11969

Back to top Go down

Post  CMcMillan Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:22 pm

Well a couple things,

How fast do trains travel through the heavily wooded areas. They also go through tunnels in the mountains correct?
I think since BigFoots are possibly smarter than your average Wolf, or other animal they can avoid the trains.
Also they would be able to see the head lights.

CMcMillan
CMcMillan

Back to top Go down

Post  GT3Paul Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:42 pm

Here is another possibility and this comed from Tribal Bigfoot by David Paulides. Apparently
BF are "religious" about family and the bury their dead. In Davids book he has several instances
where BF have been hit by cars. The drivers panic, go ahead then call the authorities to report it.
By the time anyone gets there the bodies are gone. I dont know if a train can feel a HIT on a Bigfoot
body but from what I have read, they are very serious about not letting their dead be eaten by scavengers
and they quickly acquire the body and take care of it however they do.
THere arent THAT many instances of BF being hit by cars.
So TR shot down the idea bout knowing the schedules but they still seem to communicate
over long distances with wood knocks and calls and whistles. If the sentry idea is correct
in ares where there are possibilities of accidents they probably gaurd down the line and warn
others. THis is purely speculative by me, and I am just guessing on BF behavior (I dont know)
from what I have read.
GT3Paul
GT3Paul
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tr11969 Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:52 pm

CMcMillan wrote:Well a couple things,

How fast do trains travel through the heavily wooded areas. They also go through tunnels in the mountains correct?
I think since BigFoots are possibly smarter than your average Wolf, or other animal they can avoid the trains.
Also they would be able to see the head lights.

It all depends on the conditions and warnings. If they put out what's called a 'slow order' they have to obey whatever restricted speed they set. If it's open track they can go 60+ mph which is what they do in most remote areas.

tr11969

Back to top Go down

Post  tr11969 Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:55 pm

GT3Paul wrote:Here is another possibility and this comed from Tribal Bigfoot by David Paulides. Apparently
BF are "religious" about family and the bury their dead. In Davids book he has several instances
where BF have been hit by cars. The drivers panic, go ahead then call the authorities to report it.
By the time anyone gets there the bodies are gone. I dont know if a train can feel a HIT on a Bigfoot
body but from what I have read, they are very serious about not letting their dead be eaten by scavengers
and they quickly acquire the body and take care of it however they do.
THere arent THAT many instances of BF being hit by cars.
So TR shot down the idea bout knowing the schedules but they still seem to communicate
over long distances with wood knocks and calls and whistles. If the sentry idea is correct
in ares where there are possibilities of accidents they probably gaurd down the line and warn
others. THis is purely speculative by me, and I am just guessing on BF behavior (I dont know)
from what I have read.

I've had crews tell me about going thru cattle pastures where the cattle are on the tracks. They just stand there as the train rushes towards them. They hear a thud and feel a slight bump as they strike the cattle. They have told me about hitting deer and hearing a slight thud as well. So I assume if a deer makes a thud noise an adult bigfoot would just as well.

tr11969

Back to top Go down

Post  GT3Paul Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:10 am

BTW TR this is a cool thread. You could have easily put it in the regular BF section moderated part.
GT3Paul
GT3Paul
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tr11969 Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:13 am

GT3Paul wrote:BTW TR this is a cool thread. You could have easily put it in the regular BF section moderated part.

Thanks, I'm no stranger to message boards but most moderated ones normally have a lag from a few minutes to several hours while waiting to be approved. I'd rather post it and it show up as well as the comments which is why I went unmoderated

tr11969

Back to top Go down

Post  GT3Paul Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:41 am

TR we dont do it that way. IT gets posted ASAP then we moderate if need be and thats rare.

Last edited by GT3Paul on Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
GT3Paul
GT3Paul
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tr11969 Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:30 pm

GT3Paul wrote:TR we dont do it that way. IT gets posted ASAP they we moderate it if we moderate if need be.

That's cool, I know some moderated forums you post and at times it's hours before it shows up.

tr11969

Back to top Go down

Post  GT3Paul Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:36 pm

Tr,
what we are trying to do here as moderators, is make a forum where our members are very welcome. Shawn was very
specific that the members are first priority. Not power hungry moderators where you get banned in 5 minutes from joining.
We take the position that our forum is nothing without our members. So unless the person is a deliberate troll, your post will be welcomed.
Many of us have been banned by other BigFoot forums just for having idea. So post away> Especially if you have any more Train
info!!
GT3Paul
GT3Paul
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Green911 Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:39 pm

My family has worked for the RR in the Pacific Northwest for over 70 years, and there were rumors of stories about BF being seen in the remote rail stations, but I have never heard directly. It would be interesting to find out.

elephant
Green911
Green911

Back to top Go down

Post  Tzieth Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:41 am

tr11969 wrote:
MylesLI wrote:It's a valid question. I wonder if some sightings are repressed for fear of ridicule or worse. Obviously, no one is privy to all the conversations, recollections and stories but it does provide a healthy counter-balance to our exuberance.

Most current trains are equipped with cameras both inside the cab and outside the cab. They work in connection with the trains 'black box' so when an incident does occur the railroads can see what happened. I have seen hundreds of animal strike videos yet no Bigfoot evidence. You'd think after years of this there would be a glimmer of evidence. Personally, I do believe they exist it's just very odd one of the leading industries in 24hr, 365 days a year transportation has not a single event involving them.

As for the question why we hit humans. You obviously have no idea what it takes to stop a train vs a motor vehicle/human. I wish they stopped on a dime but even going 5mph a train with 30 cars takes about 6 car lengths to stop.

Oh no, I understand that they cannot stop on a dime as far as vehicles, I meant why do they not stop at all when they hit a person? Last year, my girlfriends little cousin was hit and the train never stopped. We had a rash of those incidents last year (Well I guess it was the year before last.) In this case, her cousin was walking along the tracks with an ipod plugged into her ears and some sort of protruding object hit her? (I never seen train cars made with protruding parts before, but my girlfriend said they are common up here.) But during the Sh** storm that followed, the rail company said they were aware but it was against their policy to stop. When i lived in Tampa Florida, six years ago, there was a similar story involving CSX hitting homeless people and not stopping, but in that case, body-parts were found and they could not figure out when the incident happened. I just figured that maybe the engineer did not know, but when you said they have camera's it got me wondering silent
Tzieth
Tzieth

Back to top Go down

Post  Starz Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:29 pm

How is is no one checks out train forums?
There are reports.
Facepalm!
Starz
Starz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next