Bigfoot Evidence
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bigfoot News
Bigfoot Evidence
Bigfoot Evidence
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Another Bust for the community!

+3
CMcMillan
Ravinoff
GT3Paul
7 posters

Go down

Another Bust for the community! Empty Another Bust for the community!

Post  GT3Paul Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:27 am

Well looks like I was one of those sucked in to this ED smith thing. Seems like this was cooking at MABRC for a long time 3 years or so.
The lengths people go to for Hoaxing is amazing to me.
GT3Paul
GT3Paul
Admin

Back to top Go down

Another Bust for the community! Empty Re: Another Bust for the community!

Post  GT3Paul Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:31 pm

Right when this was getting good, Ed Smith Gets banned from MABRC. Some people who say they were "Insiders" from several years ago
say this was not anything new from some of the players have been caught doing NON true stories before. And that some of the players
behind the scenes were involved in OTHER activities that were not so true. I dont even know where to start looking for details on this one.
My Big question is WHY on earth would someone CONCOCT something like this? As a scientist I have NEVER seen ANYTHING like this in any
area of science I have been involved in. Albeit that was all in non biological areas of science, aeronautics and electronics.
But WHY? Especially by people who are supposed to be experts?
GT3Paul
GT3Paul
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ravinoff Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:45 pm

Of course it's crap. It's always crap. Way I look at it, conclusive proof for the existence of bigfoot is definitely not going to come from anyone actively looking to capture or kill one, simply for the reason that they've got an obvious vested interest in producing one. Anything they present short of a body on live television immediately falls under "hoax" for me.
Ravinoff
Ravinoff

Back to top Go down

Post  CMcMillan Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:18 pm

So Only something shown on LIVE TV is only proof you will accept?
really?
So the day someone shows a Bigfoot on Live TV and its just a Very Elaborate Costume that was able to hoax everyone in this LIVE showing?

Seriously you are demanding Real Proof that the only way you will believe it if it is LIVE TV and if someone wanted to Hoax it they could even to LIVE tv.

CMcMillan
CMcMillan

Back to top Go down

Post  Ravinoff Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:43 pm

CMcMillan wrote:So Only something shown on LIVE TV is only proof you will accept?
really?
So the day someone shows a Bigfoot on Live TV and its just a Very Elaborate Costume that was able to hoax everyone in this LIVE showing?

Seriously you are demanding Real Proof that the only way you will believe it if it is LIVE TV and if someone wanted to Hoax it they could even to LIVE tv.

You know what I mean. It's not proof until they stop keeping everything secret and actually verify their findings with an outside agency. It's easy to claim you've got a dead specimen, or definitive video, or a live one in custody, or whatever else, as all the hoaxes recently have shown. Discovering a new species like Bigfoot needs to be treated as a scientific endeavour, not a media circus. Show me DNA that's been tested and verified as being authentic and not from a known animal and I'll believe it.
Ravinoff
Ravinoff

Back to top Go down

Post  CMcMillan Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:34 pm

Ravinoff wrote:
CMcMillan wrote:So Only something shown on LIVE TV is only proof you will accept?
really?

You know what I mean. It's not proof until they stop keeping everything secret and actually verify their findings with an outside agency. It's easy to claim you've got a dead specimen, or definitive video, or a live one in custody, or whatever else, as all the hoaxes recently have shown. Discovering a new species like Bigfoot needs to be treated as a scientific endeavour, not a media circus. Show me DNA that's been tested and verified as being authentic and not from a known animal and I'll believe it.

My I ask,
Since most in the Science community and even in the Media don't take it seriously.
I mean when you see Media talk about it they smirk and Laugh or you have Present scientists that won't think outside the box.
So how do you realistically go about doing this?
Most of this happens only in the bigfoot community. Hasn't gone outside the community yet.
So how?
CMcMillan
CMcMillan

Back to top Go down

Another Bust for the community! Empty Why?

Post  Kel Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:30 pm

GT3Paul wrote:My Big question is WHY on earth would someone CONCOCT something like this?

It boggles de brain! Only three possibilities come to mind ~

a. To re-kindle interest in the MABRC forum (mission accomplished, but prob very temporary).
b. To embarrass the MABRC (yet some claim "Ed Smith" is Darkwing).
c. An insider joke that got out of hand as they realized a lot of people believed the story, and it would facilitate option a or b.

The take-away ~

Why we'll see more such hoaxes ~ with today's online speed of communications, this didn't COST the perp(s) anything but time. No cost to fake prints in some remote area, no cost to create a costume, no cost to stage a press conference, etc.

I was fascinated (in both a good and bad way) by the detail somebody (or a group) put into their "protocol" for a bigfoot capture. Much was unrealistic nonsense (ie observe a rogue male for six months prior to capture), but............... it's really not a bad idea to have plans such as this in place as general guidelines.

Kel
Kel

Back to top Go down

Post  Tzieth Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:37 am

But if you were to actually capture one, That would be the way to do it.. Keep your mouth shut until you decide what to do with it. So with that, there is always that possibility that perhaps this is not a hoax but a way to discredit the leak? (Most likely a hoax though lol)

I know if I were to have captured one, I would be all for preserving the species and getting protection for them and the whole nine yards. But I would be lying if I were to say money would not be an issue. It's like when you buy that 100 million powerball ticket and then promise all your friends you will buy them houses and stuff if you win.. But what if you actually did win? Would you still do it, or would you vanish off to your own private Island and hide? lol

I know I would not be contacting ABC,NBC,CNN or FOX. I would be selling to the highest bidder
Tzieth
Tzieth

Back to top Go down

Post  CMcMillan Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:10 am

Well said TZ,

If you were to capture one. What would YOU do?

So lets take the Hypothetical. You have just Captured a Live Big Foot. The Creature is contained and not able to escape.
Who would you call and what would you do?

Some things to take in account:
Health of the Creature
How do you get the world to know about your capture who do you contact first?
Do you release it back to its native environment?
Do you desire to tag the creature and track it.
How do you maintain what you feel is best to do for the creature when Science and the government get involved?

CMcMillan
CMcMillan

Back to top Go down

Post  Heel&Toe Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:10 pm

I would consult Jane Goodall. I imagine she surrounds herself with like minded/empathetic cohorts who would be ethical and valuable as well.
Heel&Toe
Heel&Toe

Back to top Go down

Post  dingo3497 Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:15 am

GT3Paul wrote:Well looks like I was one of those sucked in to this ED smith thing. Seems like this was cooking at MABRC for a long time 3 years or so.
The lengths people go to for Hoaxing is amazing to me.

GT3Paul,

Have you spoken with Mr. Smith since it was determined to be a hoax? If so, what's his side?
dingo3497
dingo3497

Back to top Go down

Post  GT3Paul Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:34 am

Dingo,he called me and on my phone it showed BLOCKED, so I had no way to contact him other that the forum
from which he is now banned.
GT3Paul
GT3Paul
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down