Bigfoot Evidence
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bigfoot News
Bigfoot Evidence
Bigfoot Evidence
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Bigfoot - The Definitive Guide

+2
Woodwose
SasquaiNation
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Bigfoot - The Definitive Guide  Empty Bigfoot - The Definitive Guide

Post  SasquaiNation Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:20 pm

This is from the History Channel. I had not seen this before and perhaps other people haven't as well. There is something for everyone in this program.

SasquaiNation

Back to top Go down

Bigfoot - The Definitive Guide  Empty Re: Bigfoot - The Definitive Guide

Post  Woodwose Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:48 pm

Only watching the first few minutes this looks like a good documentary.

I'll take the time to watch it properly tomorrow and thanks for sharing.

I expect the usual media Barnum nonsense, but I'll try and look past that as I usually do.
Woodwose
Woodwose

Back to top Go down

Post  SasquaiNation Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:51 pm

Yes, if you can look past that, there is some good information in this documentary. It's a long watch but I like that kind of stuff.

SasquaiNation

Back to top Go down

Post  Woodwose Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:59 pm

I wouldn't bother with the subject if I didn't think thre was something to it. As a 'good' sceptic I'll give it the attention it deserves.

As an admin (good job) is there any word on stopping unregistered users from posting?
Woodwose
Woodwose

Back to top Go down

Post  Danny Squatchanini Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:00 pm

That premiered in Jan. of 2011. Pretty good. Dr. Anna Nekaris is kinda hot from what I can see. Cool color hair too. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dr-Anna-Nekaris/157933490975745
Danny Squatchanini
Danny Squatchanini

Back to top Go down

Post  SasquaiNation Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:05 pm

Woodwose wrote:I wouldn't bother with the subject if I didn't think thre was something to it. As a 'good' sceptic I'll give it the attention it deserves.

As an admin (good job) is there any word on stopping unregistered users from posting?

Thanks. I don't have Admin capabilities on the forum. All I can do as a moderator is delete or edit comments and merge topics.
I haven't brought it up with Admin because Shawn probably wants to include everyone. Registration would make it easier though.
I did send him a list of categories so topics can be merged in separate areas of the forum.
If Shawn feels people need to register, I'm sure he'll take care of it. He's a busy guy so I try not to bother him too much.

SasquaiNation

Back to top Go down

Post  Woodwose Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:12 pm

I appreciate that, but it would be good to see Shawn make his presence known. He must be an an opinionated mofo like the rest of us, so I'm surprised that we don't hear anything from him......or do we Wink
Woodwose
Woodwose

Back to top Go down

Post  StankApe Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:32 pm

This is my favorite of all the Bigfoot doc's. it's concise, reasonable and presents a variety of opinions without the usual "giant vicious monster" animation.

I disagree with much of what Meldrum says here, but I really liked the way it was done,
StankApe
StankApe

Back to top Go down

Post  Danny Squatchanini Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:43 pm

The ending was good when some tried to say it was a man from a local tribe who would go off into the woods for years. Then someone says, "Well, what about the foot size?" and that shut the others up.
Danny Squatchanini
Danny Squatchanini

Back to top Go down

Post  CMcMillan Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:28 pm

It was a neat show.
Its not giving to much new things except what I like that the Journalist talking about the Patterson film.
He contradicts the costume story, he said that they rented from a costume shop. Yet we have the creator of the supposed costume that they were requested to make it.
So even the believers that it is a Hoax can't keep their own stories straight.
This is why i find the whole thing being written off as a Hoax to be wrong as well since if it was a Hoax we would have better evidence that it WAS a hoax after all these years.
Where is the costume? Why didn't they keep a reciept the people who sold it. So much is just as strange and unexplained as the actual film.
CMcMillan
CMcMillan

Back to top Go down

Post  BurdenOfProof Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:22 pm

I agree its strange and unexplained but that does not mean the film is real, far from it.
BurdenOfProof
BurdenOfProof

Back to top Go down

Post  StankApe Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:31 pm

CMcMillan wrote:It was a neat show.
Its not giving to much new things except what I like that the Journalist talking about the Patterson film.
He contradicts the costume story, he said that they rented from a costume shop. Yet we have the creator of the supposed costume that they were requested to make it.
So even the believers that it is a Hoax can't keep their own stories straight.
This is why i find the whole thing being written off as a Hoax to be wrong as well since if it was a Hoax we would have better evidence that it WAS a hoax after all these years.
Where is the costume? Why didn't they keep a reciept the people who sold it. So much is just as strange and unexplained as the actual film.

Patterson would have stowed the suit away or destroyed it if he was trying to make $$$ off a hoax. I know I would, and he may have been a lot of things, but dumb wasn't one of em.

Besides, it's not the job of those who suspect it isn't real to prove it isn't real. The onus lies on those who believe the amazing to prove said amazing thing. Saying it's a man in a suit is the most probable, hence the null hypothesis.
StankApe
StankApe

Back to top Go down

Post  CMcMillan Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:46 am

I disagree.
When the people who are accusing it of being a Hoax have several different stories to explain the Hoax it is now up to them to PROVE why it is a Hoax.
Just because you would Destroy the evidence doesn't mean Patterson did or would have. Especially if he WAS making a Bigfoot movie why would he destroy his bread and butter winner.
Regardless, some would would have had the transaction history of the Bigfoot Costume. But yea they don't seem to have it.
Lets also not forget the 4 way stretch material fur was not made at that time. Lets not forget that the Lower stomach area has less hair on it than the arms.
Looking at the hands the hands splay for a moment so the material was not around to make the hands splay since they would have had to use arm extenders at the time.
Seriously during this time period the costume and special affects were just not present yet.
But sure question his motives. Yet you are not taking in account at the time this was created what WAS and could be made by hollywood or anyone else.
CMcMillan
CMcMillan

Back to top Go down

Post  BurdenOfProof Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:43 am

Show me proof of the hands splaying thanks
BurdenOfProof
BurdenOfProof

Back to top Go down

Post  CMcMillan Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:25 am

you won't believe it cause you have already said the film is to low-res in quality.
CMcMillan
CMcMillan

Back to top Go down

Post  BurdenOfProof Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:41 am

So how do you know the fingers move then?
BurdenOfProof
BurdenOfProof

Back to top Go down

Post  CMcMillan Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:49 am

Just because you think it is low quality I may not.
When looking at several versions of the film and stills. It looks to me that you see the hand splays out in the walk.
But you have already written the film off as low Quality and a Hoax
CMcMillan
CMcMillan

Back to top Go down

Post  BurdenOfProof Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:05 am

Yes because that's the logical position to take after looking at the evidence. If you have further evidence of splaying hands then I would love to see it.
BurdenOfProof
BurdenOfProof

Back to top Go down

Post  CMcMillan Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:20 pm

you assume your the logical one.
I can come up with logic to believe the people who say it is a hoax are lying and changing their story as well.
So you can't say its logical if your NOT looking at all the information
Which you have already said you haven't or you would know about the zipper issue.

CMcMillan
CMcMillan

Back to top Go down

Post  StankApe Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:59 pm

You are using circular logic because you have no evidence. This is your modus operandi for everything. "it's possible" and "you prove it isn't" and "you aren't looking at all the information"..it's growing tiresome.

Possible is not an argument. Neither is trying to force the burden of proof on us. If I tell you I can spin my head 360 degrees, the burden of proof is on me to show I can, not for you to prove I cannot...

I used to think the PGF was real, then after seeing the blown up video on the BFF, I noticed to many problems in it to continue to think that way.

Why is there a nice even line at the waist?

Why does the bottom half and the top half move laterally to each other? Like a 2 piece suit?

Why that subduction on the right thigh?

Why is there a visible shoulder ball 6 inches lower than the suit makes it appear it should be? Making the actual arm length within human limits easily?

Why does the butt just sit there ?

Why does the joint of the butt and the right upper thigh wrinkle up and fold under?

Why are the feet so white?

Why do footers try so hard to make it outside of human range in height? (when it obviously is not) when having it within human limits would not have been a reason for exclusion?

see? lots of issues with the subject that I would not expect to see in a real animal.
StankApe
StankApe

Back to top Go down

Post  CMcMillan Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:27 pm

I am not using circular logic at all.

Show me the nice eve waist line in this image?
Bigfoot - The Definitive Guide  Tom-Pate

Why does the bottom half and the top half move laterally to each other? Like a 2 piece suit?
The supposed creator said it was a 1 piece costume with a Zipper so what is it 2 piece or 1 piece with a zippper?

Why does the joint of the butt and the right upper thigh wrinkle up and fold under?
how can you see that? If I cant supposedly see hand splay how can you see a wrinkle under the butt?

Why does the butt just sit there ?
I see movement in it.

Why is there a visible shoulder ball 6 inches lower than the suit makes it appear it should be? Making the actual arm length within human limits easily?
Show me evidence of this?

Why are the feet so white?
could be from walking in sandy dirt. or reflection of the sun and the quality of the camera capturing the white or grey of the foot.

People who believe it is a hoax won't accept that the explanations of the hoax are just as mystical and magical as believing the film is valid.
CMcMillan
CMcMillan

Back to top Go down

Post  StankApe Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:29 pm

The above still is pretty low quality and yet i can see the lateral line at around waist level

Just because somebody tries to claim they made the suit and/or was in the suit doesn't change the fact that there are lots of things about it that scream suit (even if they are lying)

Every special effects person who is any good has said it was a suit, the only one who says it isn't is the guy who got fired off of Return of the living dead for not knowing what he was doing. (sorry, but it's true)

The Munns film shows all these things clearly.But to see the best clips you need to be a member of the BFF and see em there, I just checked youtube and couldn't find any....

there's nothing mystical about it, you are a fundamentalist bigfooter, I could bring you the suit and you would claim it was fake suit, because your entire notion hangs on a phoney and you won't admit it. I see no reason to continue discussing this with you , as you obviously don't possess the ability to do any sort of logical thinking. i don't deal with religious people
StankApe
StankApe

Back to top Go down

Post  CMcMillan Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:54 pm

You know that was extermly rude.
You are the relegious zelot then too since your mind is closed to possibly believing you are wrong.
I am showing you how the people who claim it to be a hoax or created it are JUST as bad as the person who you trash who made the film.
So explain to me where is your open mind your just as close minded as you say I am in what you believe.
Ah yes I have to be part of the Bigfoot forums to see better quality images.
You down load the images and highlight what you are talking about then.
CMcMillan
CMcMillan

Back to top Go down

Post  CMcMillan Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:10 pm

Oh look another conflicting story about who made the costume..
http://www.strangemag.com/chambers17.html

oh and this

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/creatures/bigfoot.htm

http://www.bfro.net/ref/theories/pgfdebunkings.asp

http://www.bfro.net/ref/theories/kylecncl.asp

So please show me where your skeptism is for the truth of how the "actual hoax" was done.

Who actually made the suit?
Who wore it?
CMcMillan
CMcMillan

Back to top Go down

Post  StankApe Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:21 pm

CMcMillan wrote:You know that was extermly rude.
You are the relegious zelot then too since your mind is closed to possibly believing you are wrong.
I am showing you how the people who claim it to be a hoax or created it are JUST as bad as the person who you trash who made the film.
So explain to me where is your open mind your just as close minded as you say I am in what you believe.
Ah yes I have to be part of the Bigfoot forums to see better quality images.
You down load the images and highlight what you are talking about then.

ah the closed mind fallacy: It might be true if I hadn't once been a believer in the film and after CAREFUL CONSIDERATION OF THE FACTS, changed my mind due to the multitude of problems with it being an animal.

I can't post them, I committed suicide by mod there a year ago because of their nazi policies and the fact that they let deranged lunatics post there and don't allow us to call them on their insane claims.

You can choose to believe me or not, but I have been over and over this with people and there are significant problems.(I noted above)

as I have said in the past, if you have to make excuses than it isn't evidence.
StankApe
StankApe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next