Bigfoot News
Bigfoot Evidence
Bigfoot Evidence
RSS feeds


Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 



Wee People

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wee People

Post  Tzieth on Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:00 am

Because of the fact that Bigfoot atheists always like to chime in with "People report seeing Leprechauns and Faeries as well." when they argue eye-witness reports about Bigfoot, it got me thinking. And they usually follow this up by saying something to the effect of "Critical thinking."... This word is not yet added to Websters, but the critical thinking community site (http://www.criticalthinking.org/pages/our-concept-of-critical-thinking/411) has it defined as this: "Critical thinking is that mode of thinking — about any subject, content, or problem — in which the thinker improves the quality of his or her thinking by skillfully analyzing, assessing, and reconstructing it. Critical thinking is self-directed, self-disciplined, self-monitored, and self-corrective thinking. It presupposes assent to rigorous standards of excellence and mindful command of their use. It entails effective communication and problem-solving abilities, as well as a commitment to overcome our native egocentrism and sociocentrism." Sort of the exact opposite of what these "skeptics" seem to think it means.

In other words, when it comes to "Bigfoot", you would have to make the case of why it can't exist before you can rule it out. There is no such case as to why Bigfoot can't exist. (Aside from the mountains of evidence.)

So I tried to do the same about "Wee People"... I could not make the case as of why they could not exist because I found too many reasons as to why they could.

I first thought about Evolution. I personally do not believe in Macro Evolution, but in both the cases of Macro and Micro Evolution, Wee people were not only possible, but plausible.
Here is why:
Going back to Dinosaur era, Mammals were tiny. This aided them in NOT becoming food for the giants that then walked the earth. The early ancestors to large modern mammals such as horses were tiny. We recently found out that North America used to have primates that were the size of small rodents.

In going with the Model of Macro Evolution, why would Homo habilis just suddenly appear at that size of 4ft3in (average height) over 2 million years ago? Even if you trace back the oldest australopithecine (Sahelanthropus tchadensis) it was just a little smaller. (Both are around Chimp height). There had to be smaller Hominids prior to this.

In going with Micro Evolution (Which I do believe.. Which means One species can become another as long as it stays in the genus as the whole genus shares the same genes be it active or dormant.) The first Genus Homo had to be the size of a mouse.

But going with evolutionary successes. The smallest of the small in the time of dinosaurs throughout the Ice Ages and surviving all the extinctions for whatever reason, are still alive today. Insects that were found encased in amber or imprinted in fossilized clay don't look much different than the ones we have today. Tree frogs found in fossils were the same size and shape as tree-frogs today. And Mice are pretty-much unchanged. It seems that by the standards of both Micro and Macro Evolution, smaller is better.

So what if the first Genus homo was the size of a mouse? Why wouldn't it be alive today? Something as small as a mouse but as smart as we are? (Despite popular belief, Brain size is meaningless. It's the brains folds that count.)

Not that I believe in Leprechauns or anything. But most myths have a grain or truth behind them and we really need something to talk about lol.

avatar
Tzieth

Posts : 478
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 43
Location : Vancouver, Washington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wee People

Post  Tim, U.K. on Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:36 pm

Thanks Tzieth, food for thought.
Things are surely mighty quiet around these parts lately...
The 'Ohio Grassman' clip is probably the only interesting thing of late- even though the figure could be much closer to the camera than the hut, so only seems large.
My hopes are all riding on Mr.Sykes.
Never been a gambling-man, but am considering putting a fiver ( 5 pounds sterling ) on some scientific recognition of the Sasquatch by the end of the year... or maybe by 2015. I think the odds would be fucking enormous, ha ha ha ha ha. I guess all the Brit bookmakers would be all too happy to take my money... but how long I would have to wait for them to calculate the odds would be anyones guess- ha ha.
I don't know if you know much about FOOTBALL ( not soccer! ), but every World Cup thousands of English fans bet on the England team winning. At the present time there is no chance of this happening. They do it as a statement of faith.
Anyway, all the best. and thanks for an interesting post.

Tim, U.K.

Posts : 30
Join date : 2012-08-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wee People

Post  Tzieth on Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:08 pm

Tim, U.K. wrote:Thanks Tzieth, food for thought.
Things are surely mighty quiet around these parts lately...
The 'Ohio Grassman' clip is probably the only interesting thing of late- even though the figure could be much closer to the camera than the hut, so only seems large.
My hopes are all riding on Mr.Sykes.
Never been a gambling-man, but am considering putting a fiver ( 5 pounds sterling ) on some scientific recognition of the Sasquatch by the end of the year... or maybe by 2015. I think the odds would be fucking enormous, ha ha ha ha ha. I guess all the Brit bookmakers would be all too happy to take my money... but how long I would have to wait for them to calculate the odds would be anyones guess- ha ha.
I don't know if you know much about FOOTBALL ( not soccer! ), but every World Cup thousands of English fans bet on the England team winning. At the present time there is no chance of this happening. They do it as a statement of faith.
Anyway, all the best. and thanks for an interesting post.

Yeah.. Even the trolls that were battering Ketchum before her publication won't touch Sykes. Speaking of trolls. I guess this proves the forum is about dead. lol I just made a case as to why Leprechauns could exist and they did not even bother to touch on that one? :O

Speaking of FOOTBALL (Again, NOT soccer! lol) You guys need a team badly. That is why all those soccer fans are always rioting. too passive-aggressive. Grid Iron (as the Russians and Germans and Swedes now call it.) Allows you to take that aggression and use it to the full extent on the other team. The crowd is just happy their team is beating the tar out of the opposing one.

Oh here is an interesting fact. Did you know that our modern NFL style football was actually created by a British professor from Oxford? He came up with the Down's system as he was watching a game of "Ball" between Princeton and Harvard. Before he came along, American football, was basically really violent Rugby. lol
avatar
Tzieth

Posts : 478
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 43
Location : Vancouver, Washington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

wee people

Post  sasdave on Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:30 pm

Tzieth, your post made about wee people does show there are many unknown subjects not taken seriously. Regarding critical thinking if one doesn't have the full facts regarding a subject it appears they become a critic. Personally I fully understand why many will not believe in the sasquatch and or wee people exististance; especially, when their eyes haven't seen one to send a vision to the mind or their nose hasn't had the wiff of their being.
Was wondering if you had heard about the wee folk in China. They are supposedly in that town or garden that only certain people are allowed in. Was just curious as you appear to be quite knowledgable and internet savy. In a later post I will tell you about a 3' creature I was told of witnessed by a woman in the outer area of town. To the average critical thinker it for sure is unbelievable. Thanks for keeping the blog alive.

sasdave

Posts : 80
Join date : 2013-03-24
Location : vancouver island canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wee People

Post  Tzieth on Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:43 am

I thought all Chinese were Wee people Shocked  lol.. No, I have not heard of anything in China except for Yeren's. Wee people are not my expertise either. lol I was just trying out this "Critical Thinking" thing and needed an example of something I knew could not exist, but only ended up finding reason's as to why it can. Oh and completely forgot about Orang Pendek in the process lol.

Then you have Pygmies, Dwarf's and Midgets. I do not believe in "Genetic Disease" If you have a clubbed foot, webbed fingers and toes, cleft lip or hypertrichosis, it is because these things were already in your genetic code. (throw-backs)
avatar
Tzieth

Posts : 478
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 43
Location : Vancouver, Washington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

wee people

Post  sasdave on Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:00 pm

Tzieth, So I tried twice to reply to your blog on wee people and I was logged in and the replies disappeared. Maybe I was giving too sensitive of info? Anyway, I was meaning The garden of the forbidden city of china. Regarding the happening of the woman's siting of a 3' creature that will have to wait as I am not going to express it here as if I have to write it up for a 3rd time, no thanks.

sasdave

Posts : 80
Join date : 2013-03-24
Location : vancouver island canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wee People

Post  Tzieth on Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:09 am

Three feet tall?... Well, that is in Orang-Pendek (If I am spelling that right.) range and in that same part of the world.

But I must admit that lately I really been looking this stuff up and the more I find, the more I am convinced that our true Human ancestor must have been like Six inches tall. lol It not only fits, but would explain a lot.
avatar
Tzieth

Posts : 478
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 43
Location : Vancouver, Washington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

wee people

Post  sasdave on Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:00 pm

Tzieth wrote:Three feet tall?... Well, that is in Orang-Pendek (If I am spelling that right.) range and in that same part of the world.

But I must admit that lately I really been looking this stuff up and the more I find, the more I am convinced that our true Human ancestor must have been like Six inches tall. lol It not only fits, but would explain a lot.


I don't think it was a Orang-Pendek. It was short and had feathers all over it and it had a head that looked human and the eyes were beady. Critically thinking I have never heard of such a creature and personally I find it hard to believe, It freaked the woman out so much that she would not leave her home while it was dark and she moved out of the place within a couple months. Originally I thought it was a wee person; but, after talking with my freind she was told it looked like some kinda bird with a human head. Personally it is more unbelievable then a wee person or sasquatch.

sasdave

Posts : 80
Join date : 2013-03-24
Location : vancouver island canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wee People

Post  Tzieth on Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:40 pm

Could be one of these

avatar
Tzieth

Posts : 478
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 43
Location : Vancouver, Washington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

wee ones

Post  sasdave on Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:52 pm

Tzeith, As I wasn't the one to see the thing I don't know. Yet at this point anything is possible. We do have owls on the island, not many though. Will continue to see if my friend can get a hold of the actual person that seen the thing. Here is another thing witnessed by a local. The creature was about 3.5' tall and when it was seen it looked like a tumbleweed rolling up the street. It stopped about 20' from the person and the thing had a insect type looking face, strange. A young fella told me about the same thing he seen in the Vancouver B.C. area; but, he said the thing was about 6-7' tall. My critical thought on this is it is easier to believe in sasquatch. Thanks for the cool vid of that 3d owl and have a great day. Thanks for your post(s).

sasdave

Posts : 80
Join date : 2013-03-24
Location : vancouver island canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wee People

Post  Tzieth on Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:13 pm

Oh.. No I was talking about those feathered people in China. That "Transformer Owl" is native to China and after seeing what it was capable of doing, I figured he was a likely candidate. I know if that thing was sitting on my windowsill in the middle of the night doing the "Evil Owl", it would probably scare the Hell out of me. lol

As for your Tumble Weeds...
Back in the 90's (About the time of the Oklahoma City Bombing). I was deployed to Marfa, Texas to at first build a Wall along the Texas-Mexican Boarder, but that got scratched so we ended up building Shooting ranges for the Boarder Patrol. The Deployment was supposed to take X-Amount of time, but because the mission was changed on us, We finished our task way ahead of time. So we had our "Ex-Eval" there in Marfa to get it over with instead of returning back to Ft.Lewis only to go back into the field again. (An Ex-Eval is where you go out into the field and are graded on how you do in a mock combat situation)

Back at Ft. Lewis, it was mostly the Ranger's that would act as OPP-For (The bad guys). But in since we were near Ft.Bliss, it was Special Forces (Green Barrettes) stationed at Bliss acting as our Opp-For. I was my Squads Heavy Machine-Gunner at the time as I was only a PFC at the time (Lowest ranking guy is usually on the Big Guns, because they get taken out by the enemy the fastest lol).

But unlike Ft.Lewis where I would be in the middle of the Woods, this time I was out in the desert with a clear line of sight. I knew the direction that the Opp-For would come from and I could not wait to light them up with the 50Cal and get mock SF kills. (Blanks with Laser's on top of the barrel that were set off by the vibration on the blanks discharging... Basically really loud Laser tag..)

At around Dusk, everything was red. I was facing west and I knew this was when they would strike. While the sun was in my eyes. But they never came. The sun was now hiding behind a huge plateau and now I had the advantage as SF no longer had Shadows to hide behind nor the glare of the sun. All I saw were tumble weeds as the winds began to pick up due to the temperature change between night and day just as the always done while I was there. A tumble weed then crashed up against my firing slot. (I was in a Sand-Bag Bunker). So I then stuck my hand out to push it away.. This happened about three more times and I got used to doing this... Then it happened a fourth time and I again went to push it away, but then I noticed the Muzzle of a weapon I had never before seen at that time pointing right in my face. It was coming right out of the middle of that tumble weed. Then I hear a whisper "Close Kill" (You are not allowed to fire your weapon if you are in someones face, so you say "Close kill". Just a split second after that, The Alarm goes off. But it was not an alarm that we were under attack. It was the Alarm that the Ex-Eval was over. SF took our Base Camp within seconds of attacking by killing everyone at the same time just waiting for the signal.. They were all disguised as Tumble weeds and even moved like tumble weeds.

So to me, your friends story makes sense. I DO NOT believe this cloaking bullshit. But I do believe Sasquatch are well aware of their environment and know how to mimic it. If there are also a type of Orang Pendek or smaller humanoids out there, then it would make sense for them to do the same and be tumbleweeds and shrubs instead of trees. lol
avatar
Tzieth

Posts : 478
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 43
Location : Vancouver, Washington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

wee people

Post  sasdave on Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:00 pm

Tzeith, Intresting post regarding your experiance with tumbleweeds or fake ones, they must of been over sized ones. Regarding the feathered creature I contacted my friend and she said her friend said it was quite colourful? I asked her to try and track the witness down. You have a great weekend.

sasdave

Posts : 80
Join date : 2013-03-24
Location : vancouver island canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wee People

Post  Squatchmaster G on Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:20 am

Tzieth wrote:In other words, when it comes to "Bigfoot", you would have to make the case of why it can't exist before you can rule it out.  
For a start, it's unscientific to "rule out" anything. We just assign it a very very very low probability rather than saying "it definitely doesn't exist".
Secondly, what you have described wouldn't be critical thinking. That would be uncritical thinking.

I can make a case that a purple flying monkey in a little red uniform could possibly exist but that doesn't mean that anyone should actually argue that it really does exist. That would be foolish. Possibility does not equate to probability.


Tzieth wrote:In going with Micro Evolution (Which I do believe.. Which means One species can become another as long as it stays in the genus as the whole genus shares the same genes be it active or dormant.) The first Genus Homo had to be the size of a mouse.
Incorrect. The far distant ancestors of the homo genus may have been tiny but the smallest known homo species were roughly 1 metre tall. Any species older than 2.4 million years would not be part of the homo genus, it would be part of a previous evolutionary genus.

Tzieth wrote:
It seems that by the standards of both Micro and Macro Evolution, smaller is better.
There are also large species such as sharks and crocodilians which have survived pretty much unchanged since before the time of the dinosaurs. Also in terms of evolution the word "better" is vague enough to be almost meaningless without further context.

Conclusion: there is no evidence to suggest that there has ever been a species of the homo genus the size of a mouse and the concept is completely unsupported.
avatar
Squatchmaster G

Posts : 202
Join date : 2013-01-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wee People

Post  Tzieth on Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:47 am

The trolls are back.. Maybe the forum will survive after all. We do not know that what we think were the first Homo genus were the first Homo genus. It is just what we found so far.

This is what I have recently learned though.. 65 million years ago there could have been large mammals all over the earth. They could have even been the size of Dinosaurs but we would never know as unlike reptiles, mammalian bones do not fossilize. Don't get me wrong, we have fossil Mammalian bones, but they are not petrified like a Dinosaurs bones. Reptiles bone structure is very spongy and rubbery. This is why an Alligator can completely heal a limb as long as it is not completely severed and why some reptiles can regenerate a lost limb. As the bone sits in mud, that spongy tissue starts absorbing minerals as it gets encased in mud and clay. (It could very well grow as calcification and concretion occurs).

Mammal "Fossils" are not the same... When the term is used for mammals, the bones are simply well preserved but they are still bone. (Dinosaur bone is stone). And it's never a complete skeleton, they are always broken up. The only reason we even know about pre Ice-age and slightly post Ice-aged large mammals such as the giant sloth or the Saber toothed Tiger and Saber toothed cat, are because the poor bastards got themselves encased in tar as they fell into tar-pits. We don't even have a fossil record for chimpanzees and gorillas. (But that is the same reason there are no fossils of Bigfoot. Jungles and forests do not preserve dead matter, they quickly break it down.)

But even out of a jungle or forest environment, Mammal bones do the exact opposite of reptile bones. They do not calcify, they get leached and become brittle until they turn to dust.

So how do we actually know that there weren't six inch humans running around 65 million years ago? unless one of the little bastards somehow got encased in clay and even then there is no guarantee that millions of years of plates shifting, pulling and pushing did not long destroy the wood-be fossil. We find frog fossils like this, but amphibian bones are even more rubbery than reptiles.
avatar
Tzieth

Posts : 478
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 43
Location : Vancouver, Washington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wee People

Post  paul830 on Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:45 pm

Squatchmaster G doesn't quite qualify as a troll. Arguing the points of what is being presented as evidence isn't really troll-like behaviour. If you look at his posts, that's all he's ever been doing. He also makes some pretty valid points.

As for the tiny humans, I just don't think it's likely.

avatar
paul830

Posts : 97
Join date : 2013-01-16
Age : 43
Location : Toronto Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wee People

Post  Tzieth on Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:57 am

Looking at his prior posts, all he does is try to counter everything I say even when what I say is scientific fact (Such as all other Homo genus had larger eye orbits than we do.) He argued about it till he was blue in the face even though there is no debate on this in the mainstream scientific community.

If you have an example of a post where he is not trying to counter someone and gives his own opinion, please link it. Because I have never seen him contribute any thought of his own.
avatar
Tzieth

Posts : 478
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 43
Location : Vancouver, Washington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wee People

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum