Bigfoot Evidence
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bigfoot News
Bigfoot Evidence
Bigfoot Evidence
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Why have so many BF researchers turned to gossiping?

+2
oldtimer
Brandylittlefoot
6 posters

Go down

Why have so many BF researchers turned to gossiping? Empty Why have so many BF researchers turned to gossiping?

Post  Brandylittlefoot Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:13 am

I run into so much gossiping and bashing that I am having a hard time taking half of this community seriously anymore. There are a few intelligent people that don't waste their time with the high school gossip girl behavior, like a show called the Sasquatch Chronicles, but for the most part a lot of these bloggers and podcast guys are giving the idiot hoaxers so much attention that I can't get any new info about Sasquatch....it's actually really pathetic.

Brandylittlefoot

Back to top Go down

Why have so many BF researchers turned to gossiping? Empty Re: Why have so many BF researchers turned to gossiping?

Post  oldtimer Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:42 pm

I agree with you all the way. One of the reasons this forum has died. Seems the only BF news is what one has to say about another "researcher".They spend more time researching each other than doing field work, if any.

oldtimer

Back to top Go down

Why have so many BF researchers turned to gossiping? Empty Re: Why have so many BF researchers turned to gossiping?

Post  SASTEX Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:09 am

Brandylittlefoot wrote:I run into so much gossiping and bashing that I am having a hard time taking half of this community seriously anymore. There are a few intelligent people that don't waste their time with the high school gossip girl behavior, like a show called the Sasquatch Chronicles, but for the most part a lot of these bloggers and podcast guys  are giving the idiot hoaxers so much attention that I can't get any new info about Sasquatch....it's actually really pathetic.

I follow the same show Brandy, and love it. You're correct much of the other stuff seems to be researchers going after researchers.
SASTEX
SASTEX

Back to top Go down

Post  Bodhi Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:51 pm

Brandylittlefoot wrote:...There are a few intelligent people that don't waste their time with the high school gossip girl behavior, like a show called the Sasquatch Chronicles, but for the most part a lot of these bloggers and podcast guys  are giving the idiot hoaxers so much attention that I can't get any new info about Sasquatch....it's actually really pathetic.

Unfortunately, it seems all but certain that the brothers associated with S.C. either embellished or created much of their own sighting stories. Anecdotes, stories, sightings are all great campfire fodder but they are not and cannot be evidence on their own, IMO.

Bodhi

Back to top Go down

Post  Brooksey501 Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:25 am

Because of shows like Sasquatch Chronicles when the host/researcher of this show is found out to be lying & making up stories as they go along turns legit researchers into gossipers well done Sasquatch Chronicles for making a mockery outta Bigfoot you idiots. Don't buy their subscription package as you never get the extra 75% of shows you're promised FACT!

Brooksey501

Back to top Go down

Post  Forrest Peeple Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:28 pm

Brooksey501, you and a few other people have a real bone to pick with the Sasquatch Chronicles guys. Apparently so do some of the former co-hosts. I don't have any inside information about what they ( Wes and Woody ) are supposed to have done so I can't comment on it. Maybe you can offer some insight into what went on and give some evidence for the accusations?

I thought the show was good, sometimes, in the beginning and then it started to suffer from it's own over-inflated ambition with multiple co-hosts and spin off shows. It's difficult for a show with that much ambition to keep it going and keep the content interesting. Especially trying to justify it's later paid content membership. To do that it appears that you're taking away things from loyal listeners even if you aren't. Pretty sketchy move. I found there was also an increasing number of downright dishonest and flaky guests. Then there was more sensationalizing over non-content. Eg, Guest:" Yeah, Wes, I might have smelled a squatch once. At least I think I might have ! " There just wasn't enough material to move it forward and charge for it. I listened with a large grain of salt and never paid for any of it so I guess I'm not as angry as some.

I did find Wes to be a good interviewer. He asked pretty good questions and also came off as likable. He definitely has that 'nice guy' appeal. The only problem is that there's often a big difference between a 'nice guy'and a REAL, honest guy. The 'nice guy' cares about impressing and doesn't care as much about honesty and integrity. A nice guy just has to say the right things and act nice so you're buying into it, whatever 'it' is. I got this impression quite often while listening. It was played up on heavily. There was this constant forced feeling of friendliness. At the end of the interview you'd often hear " ...before I forget, I REALLY appreciate you coming on the show", " Yeah we really appreciate it! " " Did I thank you yet? " Thanks so much! ". " Yeah, thanks! " " I  really appreciate it sooo much! " " Thanks so much " " I can't thank you enough for coming on " " Yeah thanks so much ". Alright we get it. Some people would defend that stuff as just being polite. If it's done with sincerity, then yes. Too much of it and no. It's like when someone does something wrong and then apologizes about it every time they see you until you start getting annoyed and start doubting their sincerity. I think an honest person can say "thanks" or "sorry" once and mean it. They don't have to constantly reiterate the point to try and make sure you're "buying it". On the show I saw a lot of this glibness and selling going on. It could be just a character flaw of Wes and people that were working under his direction but it also makes me think that there could be a lack of integrity over all.

Those would be my only complaints about the show. Having said that, I can't call Wes and Woody outright liars regarding their alleged sighting because I haven't got a shred of evidence to the contrary.
Forrest Peeple
Forrest Peeple

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down