Bigfoot News
Bigfoot Evidence
Bigfoot Evidence
RSS feeds


Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 



Skepticism and why it's needed.....

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Skepticism and why it's needed.....

Post  CMcMillan on Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:11 pm

StankApe wrote:that's proving something wouldn't work. That' exactly what I'm talking about. You had an idea, showed that there would be problems and presented your findings. That's science.

That isn't proving a negative. That's proving something won't work. Proving a negative would be like my above head turning example or trying to prove Bigfoot doesn't exist.... it's impossible.

Again your NOT a SKEPTIC since you BELIEVE BIGFOOT is a NEGATIVE.
seriously stop calling your self a Skeptic
You don't believe in bigfoot and you just want to troll people

A SKEPTIC would not sit hear and say well I can't prove you wrong because I already know its NOT real and I can't prove a negative so nothing for me to prove wrong.
avatar
CMcMillan

Posts : 1097
Join date : 2012-08-05
Location : USA CT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Skepticism and why it's needed.....

Post  CMcMillan on Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:56 pm

So Now we have you as a FILM Student, A Physics Student, A Astronomer and now a Scientist involved with Virus's ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peer_review

Its amazing how their are different levels and styles of PEER reviews isn't it.


Ans why wouldn't your HIV be in Science or Biological Journal not Nature but hey your an expert in many things it seems.

Whats shall we next expect from you to what your a new expert in, or that you have studied.
avatar
CMcMillan

Posts : 1097
Join date : 2012-08-05
Location : USA CT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Skepticism and why it's needed.....

Post  GT3Paul on Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:04 am

So THATS whats wrong with you!!!! A year in Biloxi will make anybody crazy!!!! I spent 8 months there.

I REALLY want to like you so maybe if you DIDNT post after coming home from DRANKING and wait till morning my new job will be much easier.
I dont have ANY problems with some of your arguments none at all. But when you come in guns ablazin' sometimes its hard to see what you are saying
through all the negatives.
avatar
GT3Paul
Admin

Posts : 315
Join date : 2012-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Skepticism and why it's needed.....

Post  CMcMillan on Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:45 pm

StankApe wrote:I grew up in south Mississippi (live here now) but if people are going to call me a troll and get personal because I dare question their widdle Bigfoot dream, they can kiss my ass.... I can be as mean spirited as anyone. some of you need to learn how to interpret the english language and either make a logical argument, or stfu. Frankly, I'm tired of it. If we were in person, most of wouldn't dare to say some of the things you do.

Shall we blame this on your Drinking too?
Again you make statements like this. I dare question their widdle Bigfoot dream,

Sure doesn't make you seem like a Skeptic. It again makes you look like a troll.
avatar
CMcMillan

Posts : 1097
Join date : 2012-08-05
Location : USA CT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Skepticism and why it's needed....

Post  SasquaiNation on Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:02 pm

I've tried being patient you guys but I'm at my wit's end. If those involved wish to attack each other, please do it by PM.
This forum is supposed to be a place for civil discussion, not back and forth mud slinging.
It has reached the point that new people don't wish to post here because of the negativity. Disagree with each other all day long, just keep it civil. PLEASE!!!
This is the last warning. The next will result in the thread being locked.

SasquaiNation

Posts : 200
Join date : 2012-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Skepticism and why it's needed.....

Post  Anon on Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:27 pm

StankApe wrote:.... because I dare question their widdle Bigfoot dream, they can kiss my ass....

I wrote this in the blog, it applies.

"There's nothing wrong in concluding Bigfoot doesn't exist. Many have come that conclusion then lost interest and moved on with their lives. That's what well adjusted intelligent adults do.
The mental defectives that hang on for years after coming to that conclusion (or pretending to) are either doing it out of an internal belief struggle or stupidity and it shows in the calibur of people who label themselves Bigfoot skeptics."

Don't get me wrong, I don't think people have to believe in Bigfoot to be interested but to be at least still open to the possibility and should use skepticism and critical thinking within that parameter.


Anon

Posts : 1
Join date : 2012-08-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

They hide behind "I'm just a wittle skeptic, I should be tolerated for my alternate opinion"

Post  ***** on Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:28 pm

Now hear this:

Stanky, and Burden and the like are NOT SKEPTICS. They wiggle their way in under that guise. It's a rouse, a farce, a fabrication, a canard. They are professionals at : Trolling forums. It's just one little element in their bag of tricks. As a member of many forums, the behavior is easily recognized by simply looking at their post history. It defines a member, and you can tell those who are online only to instigate, infuriate, irritate, and castigate. They have a mental disorder, and probably don't fit in well in society either. It's not that hard to get along is it? When 95% of your posts are contrarian diatribes, and contentious debate with the rest of us here, I'd say you have a problem, not vice versa.

Why is it that every BF forum I've visited excepting BFRO, tolerates this nonsense? Although open minded, I wasn't a believer until I had my own experience, I'm very seldom impressed with evidence available to us commoners. I understand completely the need for alternate viewpoints, and a varied degree of examination of testimony, and proof offered, according to each individual here. I can appreciate a more measured approach, and I think it's good for discussion to have some variance, and a scale of skeptical, and experience driven thought. Both are important, and enrich the overall experience.

Sometimes it's blatantly obvious that forum members are only involved for contrarianist discussion. One simply has to look at the bulk of their posts to see why exactly they are here. It is a mental disorder, and it's visible in any forum that tolerates it to the detriment of it's overall membership. As hard as it is to understand, there are people that simply get their rocks off by annoying the hell out of others. Ask yourself, why are they truly here? They are here for a self-serving, ego-centered, narcissistic, contrarian masochism, and they offer absolutely nothing meaningful or positive to the forum experience whatsoever.

No one is saying they need to believe, but derailing threads, and muting discussion, or presentation of new evidence is serving only their own interest, and limiting our enjoyment of a freaking "Bigfoot Forum", a forum for Bigfoot enthusiast predominantly. Predominantly to the degree of 20 to 1. Yet we the authentic bigfoot enthusiasts, here in an authentic, and honest capacity are constantly expected to tolerate these idiots because they hang up a skeptic's banner, and plead for the tolerance of the whole, through moderation. Bullshit.... F.. that. Boot their ass, and clean up this forum.

These are people with a mental disorder, and there is zero that would convince or impress them, or even yield interesting discussion from them. I mean interesting for any authentic enthusiast, not just myself. They are here for one reason. To feed some hole within themselves that reality, or in their real lives they are unable to fill. So ask yourself, should our discussion and enjoyment of this forum be limited, and repeatedly disrupted, by the constant aggravation, derailed threads, and willful silencing of those through hostile behavior, who would otherwise share personal experiences or info?

Ban these repeat offenders, they will find another forum to infiltrate, and infuriate within hours. It's what they do.

Being skeptical is acceptable, and should always be. Being an asshole, and what I've described above IS NOT. They used practiced tactics to feed on the tolerance of well intentioned moderators and admins. Meanwhile they jack up every forum out there, for the bulk of us, that just want to have discussion in peace, and share our own experiences related to BF.


*****

Posts : 279
Join date : 2012-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Skepticism and why it's needed.....

Post  StankApe on Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:24 pm

Anon wrote:
StankApe wrote:.... because I dare question their widdle Bigfoot dream, they can kiss my ass....

I wrote this in the blog, it applies.

"There's nothing wrong in concluding Bigfoot doesn't exist. Many have come that conclusion then lost interest and moved on with their lives. That's what well adjusted intelligent adults do.
The mental defectives that hang on for years after coming to that conclusion (or pretending to) are either doing it out of an internal belief struggle or stupidity and it shows in the calibur of people who label themselves Bigfoot skeptics."

Don't get me wrong, I don't think people have to believe in Bigfoot to be interested but to be at least still open to the possibility and should use skepticism and critical thinking within that parameter.



i have never stated I am a non-believer . I have said, many times, that I haven't seen any evidence that compels me to believe as yet. I don't buy into anything blindly, and any evidence has to be verifiable and unhoaxable. The same standard applies to Bigfoot as applies to any new species . Physical specimen required. Or some really good high def footage by somebody like Nat Geo who has a reputation outside of footery . That would go a long way too. Though the Sykes study could end up kicking the door in and allowing the scientists to take over. Which would be good.
avatar
StankApe

Posts : 351
Join date : 2012-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Skepticism and why it's needed.....

Post  Virgil_Caine on Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:02 am

Noblesavage makes some i interesting points and there may be people like that. Personally i would like bf to be real and having an interest in mysteries whether you believe them to be real or not is normal human behavior. Where you are wrong in my experience is when you say people like me enjoy annoying people like you. I am as annoyed as much as you are by some things i read especially on the main site. Bottom line is people have differing beliefs about bf and you have to deal with thay just like everyone else. I find it difficult too sometimes bro but taking a deep breath and trying to be friendly normally help me thru.

Virgil_Caine

Posts : 26
Join date : 2012-08-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Skepticism and why it's needed.....

Post  ***** on Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:04 pm

Hey Virgil,

Thanks for the thoughtful reply. Note that as stated above, I find no fault with skepticism, and your opinion is just as valued as mine. I'm also annoyed by some of the claimed evidence as it's damaging when potentially valid evidence is submitted, because it's lumped in the consideration quotient.

Live and let live is something I've done in the past, but I won't stand by while posters are bullied off of the board, or attacked unjustly for simply sharing their own story. That's where I draw the line, and no I won't be nice when I see that occur. It's limiting to the degree where many will not share experience, and I've seen it become commonplace on other forums. BFforums for one.

It's good to realize that in the future, and through reassurance from admins here, it will not be tolerated, and comments of the like will simply be deleted. Repeat offenders will be banned, so I'm not the only member here that feels this way. Like I said nothing wrong with skepticism, I find fault with bullying tactics, and contrarianism without exception, that some members here display. If you are skeptical of everything and anything bigfoot related, or that's presented by other forum members, why not just withhold your derisive commentary. The members I'm speaking of just shouted down an eye witness, and questioned his sincere explanation of the difficulty he's suffered with the experience itself. That sort of thing I will challenge any and every time I see it.

*****

Posts : 279
Join date : 2012-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Skepticism and why it's needed.....

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum