Bigfoot News
Bigfoot Evidence
Bigfoot Evidence
RSS feeds


Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 



To heck with our petty differences, my house was robbed while I was home

View previous topic View next topic Go down

To heck with our petty differences, my house was robbed while I was home

Post  StankApe on Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:57 am

early this morning the house was invaded by at least 2 guys who opened the car and used the garage door opener(and still have it) to enter my home and steal a laptop and my bag of guitar pedals. They had unhooked some of the cables to my TV and were prolly about to cart it off too..... The deputy who just left informed me they hit 6 other houses last night and held one man at gunpoint and robbed him. I thought my sister was up feeding the cats then my light turned and it woke me up and I bitched about it. Thinking nothing of it I went back to sleep and woke up to stuff missing.

Cop seemed to think they were tweakers.... so I guess I'm lucky that they fled when they saw I was home. But I'll be freaking out for the next few weeks even after the garage door company comes and changes the frequency (I don't want them coming back) I don't own any guns cuz I don't hunt or anything so..... man am I pissed........


all of these arguments we have on here seem so stupid now on reflection. I apologize to everybody I have variously pissed off ....
avatar
StankApe

Posts : 351
Join date : 2012-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To heck with our petty differences, my house was robbed while I was home

Post  Kel on Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:31 am

Holy moly!!! What a Face

Glad you're here to tell the story, Stank!! I guess you'd first realize how lucky you are, then have to deal with feeling violated, and then get pissed enough to set up booby traps! Let's be careful out there!

EDIT TO ADD: And get a barking dog!
avatar
Kel

Posts : 164
Join date : 2012-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To heck with our petty differences, my house was robbed while I was home

Post  StankApe on Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:45 am

I have a greyhound, while great dogs, not exactly home protectors... he would have happily wagged his tail and helped them carry the TV out probably!

Good thing is that I discovered it's simple to erase the prior codes for the garage door opener so I don't have to worry about them coming back. (though I will probably be unplugging it at night once it's closed for the next 3 months...)

Insurance will handle the stuff being gone. But hearing that they held a guy at gunpoint (and apparently only got $15 off of him) makes me a little nervous as it sounds like meth heads hard up for cash to me.

They left footprints in sand outside, so that's good, and there is a description of both them and their vehicle. Cops sound confident they will catch them.

I probably won't be sleeping tonight though..... No
avatar
StankApe

Posts : 351
Join date : 2012-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To heck with our petty differences, my house was robbed while I was home

Post  Virgil_Caine on Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:01 am

That sucks bigtime stank. They thankfully just took metal and plastic. I prop an ironing board against my back door so if it opens it will make a noise. Dont get paranoid though :-)

Virgil_Caine

Posts : 26
Join date : 2012-08-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To heck with our petty differences, my house was robbed while I was home

Post  StankApe on Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:03 am

well, I have gotten in a bad habit of not setting my alarm at night, that's gonna change. and my car wasn't in the garage cuz just had flooring installed and had my garage full of furniture. or they wouldn't have been able to get in.
avatar
StankApe

Posts : 351
Join date : 2012-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To heck with our petty differences, my house was robbed while I was home

Post  DPinkerton on Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:41 am

StankApe wrote: They left footprints in sand outside,

Did you take castings?

Jokes aside that is horrible, I would be scared to death personally! With luck these guys will be caught and insurance will handle the rest, as for yourself...stay sane and remember this is a very rare thing, likely never to happen to you again.

DPinkerton

Posts : 171
Join date : 2012-08-14
Location : Colorado

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To heck with our petty differences, my house was robbed while I was home

Post  GT3Paul on Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:32 am

Immediately disconnect the garage door from the opener and lock it. I would put my .45 in your night stand.
avatar
GT3Paul
Admin

Posts : 315
Join date : 2012-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To heck with our petty differences, my house was robbed while I was home

Post  CMcMillan on Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:02 pm

I am a bit curious.
Did Stank go around and delete some of his posts. How he was talking about how tough and mighty he was?

StankApe wrote:
NobleSavage wrote:
.
You are both narcissistic pricks, and malcontents. I wish I could impress this upon you face to face. Truly I do.

trust me, you don't. I'm a big guy, ex military and I will show no quarter. so stop making goofy internet threats of violence.

Seriously, if all you have in your arsenal is empty internet threats, how do you expect to convince people your evidence is correct.

if you don't want me to laugh at what people say, then don't allow them to post silly things. and there are plenty of silly things posted on here.

StankApe wrote:
I'm not a troll... You just are a too thinly skinned. If you can't take someone reading a post and coming to the conclusion it isn't up to snuff then I don't know what to say to you.

The things that don't add up:

as stated, the OP admits that a sighting has caused him great distress for 17 years..... I have seen some terrible things in my time up close and personal and they don't haunt me . I find it hard to believe that a sighting of an unknown animal would cause such distress. The only solution to said distress is a pre-existing condition on the part of the initial poster and/or he's full of it.

If you scan the various Bigfoot boards, you will see lots of people faking sightings to "fit in" they tend to mimic other sightings and they also tend to put lots of age on there to make it seem more plausible.

Maybe he isn't full of it or has a schizophrenic condition. But I find his story very hard to believe. and with no evidence to back it up, it carries as much weight as the $25,000 dragon I have for sale. It lives in a box, but it disappears if you open the box. see what I mean?

Maybe people are a little more timid up where you come from, but it's one thing to say something got you rattled when you spotted it, and something else to say it has traumatized you for 17 years. This doesn't seem odd to you?


Or are you too busy being full of rage because someone said something on the internet? lol


StankApe wrote:
I grew up in south Mississippi (live here now) but if people are going to call me a troll and get personal because I dare question their widdle Bigfoot dream, they can kiss my ass.... I can be as mean spirited as anyone. some of you need to learn how to interpret the english language and either make a logical argument, or stfu. Frankly, I'm tired of it. If we were in person, most of wouldn't dare to say some of the things you do.

Wonder why he would remove all these posts?
avatar
CMcMillan

Posts : 1097
Join date : 2012-08-05
Location : USA CT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Admins removed them..and he's been warned I'm sure....

Post  ***** on Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:15 pm

I may appear insensitive to your "alleged experience", but what goes around comes around. Written words, on the internet or anywhere else are revealing when it comes to character.

I guess I'd need to see a police report, or some evidence to back up claims of your experience, that you claim so traumatized you to elicit an apology to the board for past behavior. Sounds like a cop out to me.

If you were truly robbed then maybe you have learned some generosity, and discretion for future discussions with those who's credibility you desire to question.

I would never wish such an event on anyone, but if your being real, ask yourself what you can learn from it. You get out of life what you put in sometimes. Negativity yield negative results, that I do believe.

*****

Posts : 279
Join date : 2012-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To heck with our petty differences, my house was robbed while I was home

Post  StankApe on Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:18 pm



I think it's fairly obvious who the troll is here............ jeez what a miserable life you must lead.

I didn't delete anything, nor did I get any warnings.
avatar
StankApe

Posts : 351
Join date : 2012-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To heck with our petty differences, my house was robbed while I was home

Post  ***** on Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:30 pm

Stank, if you were robbed you are a victim, but don't transfer that to this board. Your posts speak for themselves. This is just another ploy I've seen on so many forums, and I have no reason to believe you aren't trying to re-frame things, and portray yourself as the disadvantaged and newly humble critic.

I call BS.

As you said, you'd give me no quarter, and I'll give you none either. If your posts change, I'll accept that you've changed from your alleged experience. That's just the way I am.

You can try to frame that or use it, for whatever purpose you desire, but I'm going to have to go on your record, and the sum of your posts, not your last post.


*****

Posts : 279
Join date : 2012-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To heck with our petty differences, my house was robbed while I was home

Post  Kel on Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:37 pm

NobleSavage wrote:Stank, if you were robbed you are a victim, but don't transfer that to this board. Your posts speak for themselves. This is just another ploy I've seen on so many forums, and I have no reason to believe you aren't trying to re-frame things, and portray yourself as the disadvantaged and newly humble critic.

I call BS.

As you said, you'd give me no quarter, and I'll give you none either. If your posts change, I'll accept that you've changed from your alleged experience. That's just the way I am.

You can try to frame that or use it, for whatever purpose you desire, but I'm going to have to go on your record, and the sum of your posts, not your last post.



Talk about a hijack. What does any of this have to do with the guy putting up a thread about a personal experience, as is his right? YOU are being the "troll" here trying to turn it into another believer/skeptic debate.

And if Admins are removing posts, I'd like an explanation.
avatar
Kel

Posts : 164
Join date : 2012-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

How about some context Kel

Post  ***** on Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:56 pm

Kel,

I have no intention of hijacking this thread, and Stank is more than welcome to field sympathy through this board for his alleged experience.

I'm certainly happy to accept an olive branch here, but I need some proof before I do so. Call me skeptical, if you will, but I'm simply pointing out that it's odd with regard to timing that a several of his posts were deleted, and suddenly his change of heart is a result of home invasion.

Again, please redirect as you have attempted with your previous post, but don't make assumptions about my intentions with no context.

Several of his posts were deleted, he claims not of his volition, and then an apology hits the board. Context.

Carry on, if you will, with recommendations, and sympathetic outpouring. That's not a requirement for me as a forum member, and I'm only questioning his testimony, and asking for some evidence of the event. Is this something beyond your understanding, or common practice of many skeptical members of this board?

Nevermind, don't reply because I'd hate to derail the thread. silent

*****

Posts : 279
Join date : 2012-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To heck with our petty differences, my house was robbed while I was home

Post  Virgil_Caine on Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:58 pm

Stank and Noble need to take a chill pill each. I liked it better when there was gentle ribbing like 'did you take a cast of the footprints they left'.

Time to move on folks. Nothing else to see here.....please move along....
Shocked

Virgil_Caine

Posts : 26
Join date : 2012-08-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To heck with our petty differences, my house was robbed while I was home

Post  CMcMillan on Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:15 pm

StankApe wrote:

I think it's fairly obvious who the troll is here............ jeez what a miserable life you must lead.

I didn't delete anything, nor did I get any warnings.

See, to me this looks like a ploy from you to gain some kinda of sympathy for your past posting.
Excuses of
1.) It was your Drunk.
2.) Now your robbed, in the middle of the night while you and your sister were home.
3.) If an admin removed your posts I would like to know why?
(I don't believe it since most of the posts that were deleted were you talking about how hot stuff you were and that you could take on anyone who came to your home. But Now since you were Robbed you are acting like it will affect your entire life that you who seems to have been able to with stand so much death in your life time could not surely be affected by a home invasion. Just seems your trying to cover your tracks of all the smack and B.S. you were saying.
Maybe now you can see how having bigfoot possibly traumatize a person can cause you to be afraid of ever wanting to see it again.

But I call B.S. on it as well.
But if you were truly robbed then I am sorry to hear it.
avatar
CMcMillan

Posts : 1097
Join date : 2012-08-05
Location : USA CT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To heck with our petty differences, my house was robbed while I was home

Post  GuidedByPandas on Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:21 pm

Hey, dying panda guy here. You know when your life is going to be snuffed out and you are given an expiration date, you get a pretty good sense of what is important and what is not. I don't agree with a bit of what StankApe has to say, but piling on when he suffered this crime is pretty damn low in my book. Words can sting; but if words hurt you, he is right, you are allowing that to happen. Words can't kill, but guns and people with bad motives can. ALL life is very precious folk, even the lives of those you may not agree with.

Oh, and in case you all are in the mood to hate on me too, I'm a knower, not a believer. But I'm also a scientist and I fully understand StankApe's skepticism. Less you all need reminders, most Americans do not believe. We should be doing our best to help people understand, not step on them. I do my part privately when I can.

I had a similar experience 20 years ago - it's unnerving and rightfully so. If you need someone to talk about this, PM me StankApe. Glad to see you are OK.

GuidedByPandas

Posts : 9
Join date : 2012-08-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To heck with our petty differences, my house was robbed while I was home

Post  CMcMillan on Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:25 pm

GuidedByPandas wrote:Hey, dying panda guy here. You know when your life is going to be snuffed out and you are given an expiration date, you get a pretty good sense of what is important and what is not. I don't agree with a bit of what StankApe has to say, but piling on when he suffered this crime is pretty damn low in my book. Words can sting; but if words hurt you, he is right, you are allowing that to happen. Words can't kill, but guns and people with bad motives can. ALL life is very precious folk, even the lives of those you may not agree with.

Oh, and in case you all are in the mood to hate on me too, I'm a knower, not a believer. But I'm also a scientist and I fully understand StankApe's skepticism. Less you all need reminders, most Americans do not believe. We should be doing our best to help people understand, not step on them. I do my part privately when I can.

I had a similar experience 20 years ago - it's unnerving and rightfully so. If you need someone to talk about this, PM me StankApe. Glad to see you are OK.

After all his Made up crap about his time in the military college education, the Peer review on using the H1N1 virus as a military weapon that will be published in the NATURE JOURNAL you expect people to believe he was robbed?
Sorry Its the internet and it if we find out that an Admin didn't delete his posts then what to believe?
Not kicking him when he is down but, he loved to kick someone down when she said she was traumatized for life.
He is the petty one
avatar
CMcMillan

Posts : 1097
Join date : 2012-08-05
Location : USA CT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To heck with our petty differences, my house was robbed while I was home

Post  GT3Paul on Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:18 pm

I would like to keep things civil. If you would please give Stank a bit of room here. I know what he feels like.
I assume he is telling the truth. There was no reason to pile on, at this point.
avatar
GT3Paul
Admin

Posts : 315
Join date : 2012-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To heck with our petty differences, my house was robbed while I was home

Post  GuidedByPandas on Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:29 pm

CMcMillan wrote:
Not kicking him when he is down but, he loved to kick someone down when she said she was traumatized for life.
He is the petty one

Sorry, I missed that when I posted above (and missed that exchange too). Well, I can't speak for him or his motivation, but I do know that good people do bad things. Much of my wisdom came after I was confronted with my own mortality; before that I was too busy climbing corporate ladders to care much about anything important. The important people in my life have forgiven me, I don't expect total strangers to do so however.

We read the words here and we think we know the person or we completely forget that there is a whole person on the other side of the keyboard. Unlike my panda friends, the world is not black & white, it's a whole lotta gray and I can cite countless examples of good people doing bad things and bad people doing good things. As I said before, our worth is more than the sum of our words. I'm not here to fight, I'm here to offer support to anyone who needs it.

GuidedByPandas

Posts : 9
Join date : 2012-08-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To heck with our petty differences, my house was robbed while I was home

Post  GT3Paul on Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:30 pm

Nice words Panda!
avatar
GT3Paul
Admin

Posts : 315
Join date : 2012-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To heck with our petty differences, my house was robbed while I was home

Post  Virgil_Caine on Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:34 pm

A nice positive point to 'close' this thread and move on maybe? Not trying to hustle, just wodering what else can come of this one?

nice one Panda. Smile

Virgil_Caine

Posts : 26
Join date : 2012-08-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To heck with our petty differences, my house was robbed while I was home

Post  GT3Paul on Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:51 pm

Good idea
avatar
GT3Paul
Admin

Posts : 315
Join date : 2012-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To heck with our petty differences, my house was robbed while I was home

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum