Bigfoot Evidence
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bigfoot News
Bigfoot Evidence
Bigfoot Evidence
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Another Finding Bigfoot Episode Falls flat on its face

+13
Ravinoff
Tim, U.K.
CMcMillan
Tzieth
BurdenOfProof
dingo3497
MylesLI
Danny Squatchanini
oldtimer
I AM THE BLOBSQUATCH
Green911
Blondie1
GT3Paul
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Another Finding Bigfoot Episode Falls flat on its face - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Finding Bigfoot Episode Falls flat on its face

Post  CMcMillan Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:58 pm

So With the possibility of Melba's DNA paper being released in a few weeks so the buzz says.

I was reading on Big foot Forums that Finding Bigfoot should be redone as
Knowing Bigfoot!

Keep Bobo and Cliff ditch the other two.

Who else would you want on the show?
And
What kinda of things should they talk about?

I would love to be more informative.
Talking about Native American Legends and other things.
Not just banging trees in the woods.
Talking to other scientists and other people who are deep into bigfoot.
A better mix for education as well
CMcMillan
CMcMillan

Back to top Go down

Another Finding Bigfoot Episode Falls flat on its face - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Finding Bigfoot Episode Falls flat on its face

Post  Tim, U.K. Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:27 pm

GT3Paul, Tzieth, Burden. Standing's pics./vids. don't look real to me, but I'm not sure they can be completely dismissed because they don't look real.
I'm sure everyone remembers 'Jaws' gobbling-up Robert Shaw on the back of the boat in said film (bear with me...)? This scene has received a lot of flack because the shark looks rubbery (I know, I know, that's what it was probably made of.). However, this never really bothered me because sharks do indeed look rubbery. My point being that some things can't help but look fake.
There are plenty of creatures that don't look real\quite right.

Tim, U.K.

Back to top Go down

Post  GT3Paul Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:47 pm

Tim
I agree with the video thing, but still Les Stroud has a great rep. I dont see why he would throw it away. I havent talked much about Standing
but his research material looks good to me not including the videos. THe videos are TOO perfect. But when some one like Les Stroud
says he is working with Todd, if you have any degree for science then you need reassess your point of view. Les joining Todd tells me
there is more to the story.
Look at the Sierra Kills story, their drawings look JUST like Todd creature. How did that happen???
GT3Paul
GT3Paul
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim, U.K. Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:04 am

Hi GT3Paul,

I'm not saying Standing's stuff is hoaxed. I'm saying that, even though they look somewhat unreal, they may well be legit.
Yes, I too noticed the similarity between the Sierra Kills drawing and one of Standing's bigfoots and left a comment on Lindsay's blog about perhaps needing, in light of this similarity, to reconsider the general low opinion of Standing's work.
Don't know much about Les Stroud, sorry. Don't think he's really known over here.

Cheers.

Tim, U.K.

Back to top Go down

Post  CMcMillan Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:08 am

GT3Paul wrote:Tim
I agree with the video thing, but still Les Stroud has a great rep. I dont see why he would throw it away. I havent talked much about Standing
but his research material looks good to me not including the videos. THe videos are TOO perfect. But when some one like Les Stroud
says he is working with Todd, if you have any degree for science then you need reassess your point of view. Les joining Todd tells me
there is more to the story.
Look at the Sierra Kills story, their drawings look JUST like Todd creature. How did that happen???

Yea i said the same thing awhile ago.

To similar which is curious.
the one that looks like the Sierra kills one to me of Standings looks the most realistic. And it matches other "imaged" more
CMcMillan
CMcMillan

Back to top Go down

Post  Danny Squatchanini Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:47 pm

Just look up Survivorman Tim. I know they get it over in the UK but they just use a narrator with a English accent instead of a general American accent.
Danny Squatchanini
Danny Squatchanini

Back to top Go down

Post  Danny Squatchanini Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:02 pm

"I will cut down on bread, beer, wine, and soda." Just so she could have her lifeline. I think she should cut down as well since she has to use an oxygen tank to help her breathe. I love that commercial.

-Commercials that are on during the day on Animal Planet
Danny Squatchanini
Danny Squatchanini

Back to top Go down

Post  Tzieth Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:05 pm

Don't get me wrong, I firmly believe that "Bigfoot" is multiple species of Hominids that share one generic title. But IF these creatures in the vids are indeed real, then they are not the same creature so why would they live together? (Unless they have no problem with co-existing with everything but Sapiens-Sapiens.)

The blond one has huge eyes, which you would expect from a Nocturnal creature. (We are the only Homo-Genus species in the fossil record with small orbits.) But the black one, which has the classic Patty coned head, has little beady eyes.

But playing devil's advocate here... Maybe the blonde one is the true species and the black one is the Hybrid????

I won't lie, I WANT Standing's stuff to be real. His Theories (Or Observations) seem more real to me and way more likely than the crap Moneymaker comes up with.
Tzieth
Tzieth

Back to top Go down

Another Finding Bigfoot Episode Falls flat on its face - Page 2 Empty epsiode 12/16

Post  MylesLI Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:26 am

I thought it was a better eposide thant most. Loved the vocaliztion catpured and shared in the town meeting.

MylesLI

Back to top Go down

Post  CMcMillan Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:38 pm

I just saw the episode from 12/16
It was a pretty good episode

They got several wood knocks
and they also got a howl

Pretty cool
CMcMillan
CMcMillan

Back to top Go down

Another Finding Bigfoot Episode Falls flat on its face - Page 2 Empty Standings theories

Post  MylesLI Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:53 am

Tzieth,

I agree completely. I felt resonance with his descritptions of Sasquatch behavior and security. I want him to be truthful. The thought that Survivorman is using his location and techniques, gave him more credibility as well. Its just the pics are soo bad (IMHO)

MylesLI

Back to top Go down

Post  CMcMillan Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:11 pm

Tzieth wrote:Don't get me wrong, I firmly believe that "Bigfoot" is multiple species of Hominids that share one generic title. But IF these creatures in the vids are indeed real, then they are not the same creature so why would they live together? (Unless they have no problem with co-existing with everything but Sapiens-Sapiens.)

The blond one has huge eyes, which you would expect from a Nocturnal creature. (We are the only Homo-Genus species in the fossil record with small orbits.) But the black one, which has the classic Patty coned head, has little beady eyes.

But playing devil's advocate here... Maybe the blonde one is the true species and the black one is the Hybrid????

I won't lie, I WANT Standing's stuff to be real. His Theories (Or Observations) seem more real to me and way more likely than the crap Moneymaker comes up with.

I will play devils Advocate as well :
The one that looked like patty. What if the females look like that one.
While the Males look more like the other?
CMcMillan
CMcMillan

Back to top Go down

Post  Ravinoff Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:04 pm

Tzieth wrote:Don't get me wrong, I firmly believe that "Bigfoot" is multiple species of Hominids that share one generic title. But IF these creatures in the vids are indeed real, then they are not the same creature so why would they live together? (Unless they have no problem with co-existing with everything but Sapiens-Sapiens.)

I tend to think that as well, mostly based off Coleman's work. But if you're talking about a blond specimen like Old Yellow Top, I tend to liken the Marked Hominids more to a piebald population of the neo-giant than a fully separate species.
Ravinoff
Ravinoff

Back to top Go down

Post  Tzieth Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:31 pm

Ravinoff wrote:

I tend to think that as well, mostly based off Coleman's work. But if you're talking about a blond specimen like Old Yellow Top, I tend to liken the Marked Hominids more to a piebald population of the neo-giant than a fully separate species.

You mean like a color-breed? (as in Paint and Palomino for equines)? Maybe in this case, although the whole structure of the two creatures is different.

Well,according to that "They are all called Bigfoot" thread I posted a while back, the Marked Hominids are only found in extreme North. (Siberia, Canada, Alaska.) Though there are a few reports here in Washington. The reports differ in the proportions. The Marked Hominids are suspect of being Neanderthoids as they seem to have more human-like proportions and the most human-like face out of the other giants. And are reported to ware skins depending on the weather. But in the case of Old Yellow-Top.. Though he is labeled as a Marked Hominid, he seems to be more of a stereotypical Bigfoot that happens to be blond on his head.
Tzieth
Tzieth

Back to top Go down

Post  Ravinoff Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:07 am

Tzieth wrote:
You mean like a color-breed? (as in Paint and Palomino for equines)? Maybe in this case, although the whole structure of the two creatures is different.

Well,according to that "They are all called Bigfoot" thread I posted a while back, the Marked Hominids are only found in extreme North. (Siberia, Canada, Alaska.) Though there are a few reports here in Washington. The reports differ in the proportions. The Marked Hominids are suspect of being Neanderthoids as they seem to have more human-like proportions and the most human-like face out of the other giants. And are reported to ware skins depending on the weather. But in the case of Old Yellow-Top.. Though he is labeled as a Marked Hominid, he seems to be more of a stereotypical Bigfoot that happens to be blond on his head.

Sort of. Marked Hominids aren't likened so much to Neanderthaloids as H. gardarenensis or H. heidelbergensis, two fossil forms of large primitive hominid. My thinking is that they're a leaner subspecies of the Neo-Giant adapted to life in the high arctic, sort of like how the earliest polar bears were originally brown bears trapped by glaciation. Anywhere that there's a niche, nature will create something to fill it. They'd both be in the same genus (by my reckoning, Paranthropus is the most likely, but I rather like the sound of the names proposed by Grover Krantz and W.C Osman Hill too), but different species. The piebald trait could easily be something that was present in the initial base population of Neo-Giants that's become standard or close to it due to inbreeding.
Ravinoff
Ravinoff

Back to top Go down

Post  Green911 Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:39 am

Was it just me or did moneymaker look like he had put on cheap tanning lotion, his face and hands were bright orange!

elephant

Maybe my tv color is off, but he was the only one with that skin tone.
Green911
Green911

Back to top Go down

Another Finding Bigfoot Episode Falls flat on its face - Page 2 Empty Todd Standing pics and video

Post  dingo3497 Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:50 pm

The up close eye blinks pics of bigfoot are extremely small animals compared to what is usually described. None of the "up close" pics that I have seen show an animal that is 7 to 9 ft tall and 500 to 700lbs. Unless these very young offspring of bigfoot, I don't buy it. But I do believe, just not in these pictures.
dingo3497
dingo3497

Back to top Go down

Post  Blondie1 Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:20 pm

Danny Squatchanini wrote:I'm tellin ya Paul, Les Stroud is going to make them look stupid. Mark my words, he will get great evidence.

I hope so Danny.
Blondie1
Blondie1

Back to top Go down

Post  Green911 Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:38 pm

Blondie1 wrote:
Danny Squatchanini wrote:I'm tellin ya Paul, Les Stroud is going to make them look stupid. Mark my words, he will get great evidence.

I hope so Danny.

Me too! elephant
Green911
Green911

Back to top Go down

Post  CMcMillan Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:13 am

So i finally watched latest episode where they were back in Washington with the FLIR van.
Its so funny that where ever they go they don't have much activity.

Lets park the Van and then get a buggy and zip around the woods.
Ohhh look Deer !!!

I mean they spoke to the one group and said it took them 16 nights to get anything.
So they spend what a week at tops?
I wish they would spend more time in the areas and do more camping not have 1 of them camp and rest not.
Camp in pairs in different areas.

CMcMillan
CMcMillan

Back to top Go down

Post  Green911 Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:09 pm

This is making me wish Les Stroud would take over the show. Or at least get rid of MM and Renae.

I could get more action just by having a campfire and putting cameras around.

I'm gonna have to take the show off of TiVo if this keeps up.

elephant
Green911
Green911

Back to top Go down

Post  CMcMillan Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:43 pm

Gawd yes MM and Renae need to go.
I get Renae and having to add the skeptic view but seriously Cliff is enough of a Skeptic to be good enough for it.

I think if you send Bobo and Cliff like he was saying he spent months just doing Bigfoot hunting when he meet Bobo.
I think if they do that again they would get more hits. I don't need to have the camera's on them
But think about how Monster Quest on syfy they make a camera area and go out. this is what they need to do on finding bigfoot.
the FLIR was really cool but it would be awesome if they could get that as a sponsor and keep using it in the areas.
CMcMillan
CMcMillan

Back to top Go down

Post  josephthebruce Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:14 pm

They are doing it wrong. Plain and simple. The show started with so much promise but here lately I cant even watch an entire episode without groaning and turning the show off.

4 people trumping through the woods at night. Making a lot of noise. Trying to find the most elusive creature in history....by being noisy. Doesnt make sense. Especially since a few of them act like idiots in the woods. IE Moneymaker running off after seeing a thermal image or Bobo falling right at the moment of having something step out. Frustrating is an understatement.

When I heard the Les Stroud is doing his own thing, my heart picked up on the notion that maybe he could do this right. By being normal in the woods. Camping and keeping his eyes open.

I personally feel like bigfoot can smell when people are in the woods they inhabit and either do one of two things. 1. Come and check it out or 2. vacate the area.
josephthebruce
josephthebruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Heel&Toe Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:34 pm

I'm thinking of pitching a new show to Discovery networks.... Bigfoot Mafia. Should be a hit.
Heel&Toe
Heel&Toe

Back to top Go down

Post  josephthebruce Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:25 am

It can't be worst than Finding Bigfoot.....
josephthebruce
josephthebruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next