Bigfoot Evidence
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bigfoot News
Bigfoot Evidence
Bigfoot Evidence
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

The Experimental Psychology of the ‘Unexplained’

+4
paul830
Squatchmaster G
CMcMillan
YSPR
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Experimental Psychology of the ‘Unexplained’ - Page 2 Empty Re: The Experimental Psychology of the ‘Unexplained’

Post  Squatchmaster G Wed May 08, 2013 9:39 am

Tzieth wrote:Here is where I am not only a skeptic but a nay-sayer as well lol. Even if I did not believe in Bigfoot, I would still feel it more likely to exist than "Depression", "ADHD", "ADD" or any of these other "Disorders" that sprang out of oblivion. Where were these "Disorders" pre-FDA?

Just saying Wink

Depression has been described and discussed since ancient Greece, Rome, Persia etc (usually called 'melancholia' in classical times) and ADHD (hyperactivity) has been described and discussed since the 18th century.
Squatchmaster G
Squatchmaster G

Back to top Go down

The Experimental Psychology of the ‘Unexplained’ - Page 2 Empty Re: The Experimental Psychology of the ‘Unexplained’

Post  Tzieth Sat May 11, 2013 5:47 pm

Squatchmaster G wrote:
Tzieth wrote:Here is where I am not only a skeptic but a nay-sayer as well lol. Even if I did not believe in Bigfoot, I would still feel it more likely to exist than "Depression", "ADHD", "ADD" or any of these other "Disorders" that sprang out of oblivion. Where were these "Disorders" pre-FDA?

Just saying Wink

Depression has been described and discussed since ancient Greece, Rome, Persia etc (usually called 'melancholia' in classical times) and ADHD (hyperactivity) has been described and discussed since the 18th century.

Huh? ADHD did not even exist in the 80's everything was "ADD" I know because both me and my brother were "Diagnosed" with this crap. My brother was "ADD with hyperactivity." and I was "ADD no hyperactivity." In which my brother was instantly prescribed Ritalin by the School District Shrink and I was prescribed Tophinel. Turned out both diagnoses were wrong.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying the condition does not exist, only the "disease". Depression is a symptom not a mental illness. If outside factors are not the cause, than inside factors are, such as the genetically manipulated crap that we have been eating that our government has not been telling us that we have been eating until recently. And though science has confirmed the link between hormone imbalance "diseases" such as Depression, Bipolar disorder and ADD/ADHD, these are still being looked at as "Diseases" to benefit the pharmaceutical industry.

This is not like as in Science looking the other way for whatever reason as far as Sasquatch goes, this is something that one science (Biology) is confirming while another science (Psychology) is turning a blind eye to.

Aside from the hormone induced beef, pork and poultry, Soy alone converts to estrogen in men causing another hormone imbalance that also leads to depression and Bipolar disorder. (Try to find canned or boxed food that has no soy in it.)
Tzieth
Tzieth

Back to top Go down

The Experimental Psychology of the ‘Unexplained’ - Page 2 Empty call me crazy

Post  oldtimer Sun May 12, 2013 12:34 am

but enough of this phyco babble. I know what I saw. Absolutely, positively, with out any doubt up close and personal, eye to eye. Just thinking about it now, I'll probably have nightmares tonight.

oldtimer

Back to top Go down

Post  paul830 Sun May 12, 2013 6:15 am

Psycho-babble. LoL. That's funny oldtimer. Funny cause it's true. It IS psycho-babble. Interesting psycho-babble but psycho-babble nonetheless. ( How many times did I write psycho-babble? Whoops just did it again ).

What YSPR started this thread about is very akin to witnesses testimony sending innocents to prison based on misidentification. This is through disassociation. While it does happen and often, it seems a fair stretch to make it apply to all of these sightings. It could be a case of convenience for an explanation at that point.

Then I made the comment that low level asperger's could be common in people who are skeptical to the extreme as it ties in to rigid thinking patterns.

Then someone else brought up ADD and ADHD. Then the argument was about whether or not these conditions existed before the FDA got involved in classifying and treating new forms of mental disease based on the fact that they could then give everyone drugs and be stinking rich. Turns out there were conditions similar that had existed but not as much money was being made.

Which is how we ended up at psycho-babble.

People who've seen bigfoot are crazy? Not really. I'm sure some didn't see what they think they did. I do however think that you and many others know what you saw and most likely did.
paul830
paul830

Back to top Go down

The Experimental Psychology of the ‘Unexplained’ - Page 2 Empty The name is unimportant...

Post  sasdave Tue May 14, 2013 12:12 am

So is this so called psycho-babble a new tag for those that have the guts to admit to have seen this creature that looks bigger then a man and instills a fear; that is as unbelievable as this creature itself. Yes, it may cause depression due to the fact many will label the seer with many false labels and worse. As mentioned in a earlier post a witness to this subject was placed in a psych ward. My thought is a psycho-babbler is one who's ego is so inflatted that no proof would make them believe. They do not have the faith to believe their fellow man and woman had a very unbelievable experiance. It shakes you to the core and many would after the name calling would rather have wished not to of had the experiance. As one with personal experiance of feeling and seeing this grand creature and being slandered over international TV. All I can say is grow up and have faith that many don't lie about this subject and if they do it is probably the sceptics. To all those that have seen one be strong and if you decide to talk be prepared for the psycho name calling babblers. By the way Oldtimer you have a believer here and I am sure their are many silent ones who will agree. Peace of heart and mind to all the witnesses that choose to keep their silence and those that have the guts to speak the truth as they have seen it.

sasdave

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum