Bigfoot Evidence
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bigfoot News
Bigfoot Evidence
Bigfoot Evidence
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Haunted in Connecticut

5 posters

Go down

Haunted in Connecticut Empty Haunted in Connecticut

Post  CMcMillan Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:38 am

Union Cemetery, Easton — The home of the infamous White Lady, this 400-year-old grave yard has been popular with ghost hunters for decades, ever since Ed and Lorraine Warren started regularly investigating it. Consequently, it’s one of the best-known haunted sites in the state, and a place to which everyone who claims to be interested in paranormal activity eventually makes a pilgrimage — the true mecca of Connecticut’s haunted cemeteries. Most visitors also pair it with Stepney Cemetery at the other end of Route 59 in Monroe, where Ed Warren is laid to rest.

(This is a freaky place Walked up around their just has a weird feel to it)
Dudleytown, Cornwall — If you were going to rank the most famous of Connecticut’s haunted places, you could say Union Cemetery and Dudleytown are 1 and 1A. Once declared “the most haunted place in Connecticut” by — who else? — The Warrens, Dudleytown has also been called “cursed,” “damned” and “demonically possessed.” Stories still abound of weird sightings and odd experiences in and around the remaining foundations of the former settlement, even if the legend of the curses has been thoroughly debunked. Of course, the Dark Forest Entry Association that owns the land aggressively keeps visitors out, which only helps feed the reputation of Dudleytown. Still those who dare to venture there report an unnatural stillness and feelings of terror

Remington Arms, Bridgeport — Thanks to the constant repeats of Travel Channel’s “Ghost Adventures” investigation, this has become one of the most popular haunted sites in the state. A former munitions factory in the heart of Bridgeport, the property — which has seen its share of tragedy and death — has been abandoned for decades and has fallen into utter disrepair. As such, it is truly looks like a place where bad things would be seen, and between its dark history, the dangerous conditions and its location in a troubled neighborhood, it’s easy to see why people are afraid of this place.
(I lived in an townhouse and the Arms' company was 2 roads behind us. Never went to the building it self)

Fairfield Hills State Hospital, Newtown – The first of a trio of former abandoned “insane asylums” on the list, Fairfield Hills was closed by the state in 1995, and in the ensuing years has grown into a popular destination for ghost seekers as well as urban explorers. Like many former hospitals for the mentally disturbed, tales of cruelty and abuse surround the facility, which when combined with stories of odd happenings in the network of underground tunnels here — which have since been filled in — have helped forged its reputation, which was exacerbated when an episode of MTV’s “Fear” was filmed here. Plans to demolish the buildings and develop the 700+ acres keep starting and sputtering, but eventually this hospital of horror will only be a bad memory.
(This was in a couple movies, but it has a lot of "sports fields in the area, and a low security prison is down the street)

Sterling Opera House, Derby — Unlike many of the other haunting sites in the state, the group who owns the Sterling Opera House has openly embraced their possibly paranormal history and has done extensive investigation of the facility, including having had multiple research teams come in, including SyFy’s famed “Ghost Hunters.” Multiple spirits are believed to be haunting the structure, including the entity of a young boy who is called “Andy.” Tours of the opera house, which is undergoing renovation, are offered from time to time.

(When I was in college i lived down the street from this place, never knew about this haunted history, their was actually a spookier Inn in the next town over. called Carousel Gardens, Seymour

Source:
http://www.damnedct.com/
CMcMillan
CMcMillan

Back to top Go down

Haunted in Connecticut Empty Re: Haunted in Connecticut

Post  CMcMillan Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:59 am

CMcMillan
CMcMillan

Back to top Go down

Haunted in Connecticut Empty I lived in a haunted house

Post  Sweetsusiq Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:00 pm

What a Face I don't know exactly how to explain it, but I lived for a short while in a precious 1940's little house in Alabama while hubby was off training and I was home with our first child. The lady who had lived there like forever had died, and we ended up renting the house from her daughter until they decided what to do with the home. Well, The lady had not really totally left the house. Her spirit still lingered, and she continued her habit of rocking in front of the widow at night, and I heard the rocking chair rocking all night long..
I was happy to move out when hubby returned from his training. Shocked
Sweetsusiq
Sweetsusiq

Back to top Go down

Post  letsfindem Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:28 am

There is NO WAY that I would ever move into an old 1900's era house, way to much history. Has anyone been to Victoria, B.C. and checked out any of the old cemetaries or the maritime museum? I just went there in October of last year and that was probably one of the coolest/creepiest places that Ive been too. We got pictures of numerous orbs in the cemetaries which was cool but in the maritime museum we had unexplained scratching sound, unexplained doors closing, unexplained voices, and numerous orbs and part of a fully body apperition. I would love to go back up there with a digital record and try to capture some of that stuff! I have the pics but Im not to computer savy so I will have my fiance download them for me so you guys can tell me what you think.
letsfindem
letsfindem

Back to top Go down

Haunted in Connecticut Empty Please do post your pictures

Post  Sweetsusiq Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:52 am

I would love to see your pictures if you can post them. Yikes, That had to be really scary, at least my ghost only rocked all night long, and I knew that it was an elderly lady who meant no harm to us. However, I was glad to move away. What a Face
Sweetsusiq
Sweetsusiq

Back to top Go down

Post  letsfindem Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:24 pm

Yes I will try to post them if I can. Victoria, B.C. has a very long, haunted history and some people claim it to be one of the most haunted places in North America. I have heard that about alot of places but I got to exprience this one first hand! If you ever have some extra time, I would recommend reading up on this place. Very interesting. Plus, Victoria without Bigfoot and Ghosts, is an absolutely beautiful place, I go there as much as I can with my limited free time
letsfindem
letsfindem

Back to top Go down

Post  Danny Squatchanini Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:00 pm

Orbs dont hold any weight. The pics/videos they are in are all from the camera. Just ask James Randi
Danny Squatchanini
Danny Squatchanini

Back to top Go down

Post  Tzieth Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:15 am

Danny Squatchanini wrote:Orbs dont hold any weight. The pics/videos they are in are all from the camera. Just ask James Randi

Depends on the orb.. Some are obviously not dust spots when you see them moving every direction on live video. But yeah, these things on the British version of Ghost hunters that they get all excited about... Total dust lol
Tzieth
Tzieth

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down