Bigfoot Evidence
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bigfoot News
Bigfoot Evidence
Bigfoot Evidence
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Successful Submissions & Presumptive for Bigfoot

4 posters

Go down

Successful Submissions & Presumptive for Bigfoot Empty Successful Submissions & Presumptive for Bigfoot

Post  PineNeedle Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:05 pm

I know, I know .... I'm new to the forum ... treat me like an unknown creature that is non-threatening but curious.

What is up with this recent Facebook/personal web-site posting by Mr. Lindsay. I know that there are different pockets of research and different theories and different followers [which I respect] but I have two simple questions:

#1: What constitutes a "successful" submission to Dr. Melba Ketchum
#2: What does "Presumptive for Bigfoot" actually mean

Source:
http://robertlindsay.wordpress.com/2012/09/14/bigfoot-news-september-14-2012/

I appreciate any/all enlightenment.
PineNeedle
PineNeedle

Back to top Go down

Successful Submissions & Presumptive for Bigfoot Empty Re: Successful Submissions & Presumptive for Bigfoot

Post  Tzieth Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:27 pm

For starters, take anything that RL says with a grain of salt. He seems to fabricate things at time and when he is called out on it, it was not he who fabricated it but "one of his sources".

As for presumptive Bigfoot DNA, he means that it does not match human nor known animal so they presume this unknown DNA comes from "Bigfoot". That is the stuff that gets sent to Melba.

Everyone on the Blog keeps assuming that she is testing the DNA her self due to all the Anom Hate comments and crap RL has said in the past. But that stuff is already done before it reaches her. She is matching the specimens and her work is in proving that this is a species by compiling matches from different individual creatures thus ruling out a mutation fluke.

In the past, they would find this DNA that had no match, and people would claim "This is Bigfoot!!!!" But skeptics would not view this as proof due to genetic mutations such as cancer (for example) that may have effected that part of the tissue of a known animal or they would go with the "It's contaminated thus not viable" card due to the fact that the samples were "not quite human". So they figured that it was human DNA that became contaminated by animal or vise versa.

In Melbas case she is finding the same type "Unknown's" from different individuals to confirm species. Supposedly, she confirmed that the Mitochondrial DNA was "Human" but the Nuclear was something else. (But again that came from RL so who knows?)
Tzieth
Tzieth

Back to top Go down

Successful Submissions & Presumptive for Bigfoot Empty Re: Successful Submissions & Presumptive for Bigfoot

Post  PineNeedle Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:25 am

Tzieth wrote:For starters, take anything that RL says with a grain of salt. He seems to fabricate things at time and when he is called out on it, it was not he who fabricated it but "one of his sources".

As for presumptive Bigfoot DNA, he means that it does not match human nor known animal so they presume this unknown DNA comes from "Bigfoot". That is the stuff that gets sent to Melba.

Everyone on the Blog keeps assuming that she is testing the DNA her self due to all the Anom Hate comments and crap RL has said in the past. But that stuff is already done before it reaches her. She is matching the specimens and her work is in proving that this is a species by compiling matches from different individual creatures thus ruling out a mutation fluke.

In the past, they would find this DNA that had no match, and people would claim "This is Bigfoot!!!!" But skeptics would not view this as proof due to genetic mutations such as cancer (for example) that may have effected that part of the tissue of a known animal or they would go with the "It's contaminated thus not viable" card due to the fact that the samples were "not quite human". So they figured that it was human DNA that became contaminated by animal or vise versa.

In Melbas case she is finding the same type "Unknown's" from different individuals to confirm species. Supposedly, she confirmed that the Mitochondrial DNA was "Human" but the Nuclear was something else. (But again that came from RL so who knows?)

Wow -- thanks for the insight and context. I've read and researched so much that I was getting lost in the who's-who and who-is-zooming-who. I understand much better now what Dr. Melba is and is not doing. I was "assuming" like many others that she was doing the DNA analysis herself which sounded like a stretch for a Vet.

Your explanation will help in my further reading/reasearch ... so thank you. That goes for the grain-of-salt on the Lindsay articles as I had similar questions about the Erickson project that Lindsay recently wrote about too. He supposes a lot about Mr. Erickson's financial affairs and then then refers to:

There is suspicion that Ketchum is now the owner of Erickson’s footage, but it has been impossible to firm. However, it does remain a hunch of mine for reasons I cannot divulge.

Hunches and more mystery -- yikes -- it was an interesting read though and the full article is on this site.

http://bigfootevidence.blogspot.com/2012/09/robert-lindsay-who-bailed-out-adrian.html#moretop

Have a great day Tzieth and all!
PineNeedle
PineNeedle

Back to top Go down

Successful Submissions & Presumptive for Bigfoot Empty Thanks PineNeedle

Post  Blondie1 Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:16 pm

Thanks and a late Welcome to the forum!
Blondie1
Blondie1

Back to top Go down

Successful Submissions & Presumptive for Bigfoot Empty Just Read this Thread...

Post  ***** Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:35 am

You are most welcome PineNeedle! We are excited to have you. Thank You for joining the forum.

Back to top Go down

Successful Submissions & Presumptive for Bigfoot Empty Thanks for the Welcome !!

Post  PineNeedle Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:10 pm

Thank you Blondie and NobleSavage -- I appreciate the welcome!

I wish I had some grand sighting to report but alas .... I am just a believer and an enthusiast ... Laughing

PineNeedle
PineNeedle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down