Bigfoot Evidence
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bigfoot News
Bigfoot Evidence
Bigfoot Evidence
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Sasquatch: What are they saying?

+4
Starz
MylesLI
Blondie1
8 posters

Go down

Sasquatch:  What are they saying? Empty Sasquatch: What are they saying?

Post  ***** Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:11 pm

I found this article fascinating..

http://sasquatch-pg.net/LanguageBreathing-1.html

I guess one of the most interesting aspects of research right now for me, is the ability of Sasquatches to speak a formal language. Language is a vital component to culture, tradition, and societal development and interaction. It could open a lot of doors to new theories regarding Sasquatch, and change the thought process of many that evaluate them in a research capacity.

A lot of work is being done by some highly skilled linguists, and qualified researchers/analysts as to how language interrelates with Sasquatch, and what that could mean.

I hope you enjoy the article as much as I did.

BTW, this is not meant to begin an argument about whether Sasquatches are more human or more ape. I believe they are more neither, LOL, so know that before you deem this as a prelude to a "They are human!" rant. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Sasquatch:  What are they saying? Empty Another great topic today

Post  Blondie1 Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:20 pm

NobleSavage wrote:I found this article fascinating..

I guess one of the most interesting aspects of research right now for me, is the ability of Sasquatches to speak a formal language. Language is a vital component to culture, tradition, and societal development and interaction. It could open a lot of doors to new theories regarding Sasquatch, and change the thought process of many that evaluate them in a research capacity.

A lot of work is being done by some highly skilled linguists, and qualified researchers/analysts as to how language interrelates with Sasquatch, and what that could mean.

I hope you enjoy the article as much as I did.

BTW, this is not meant to begin an argument about whether Sasquatches are more human or more ape. I believe they are more neither, LOL, so know that before you deem this as a prelude to a "They are human!" rant. Laughing

Another great topic today. I'll have to go read that when I have time. Thanks.
Blondie1
Blondie1

Back to top Go down

Sasquatch:  What are they saying? Empty Language capability

Post  MylesLI Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:07 pm

Was anyone able to access the .mp3 file or did that go over my head? Cool

Interesting and thought provoking. Thanks

MylesLI

Back to top Go down

Sasquatch:  What are they saying? Empty Re: Sasquatch: What are they saying?

Post  Blondie1 Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:11 pm

MylesLI wrote:Was anyone able to access the .mp3 file or did that go over my head? Cool

Interesting and thought provoking. Thanks

Naw, I haven't gotten that far.
Blondie1
Blondie1

Back to top Go down

Post  Starz Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:27 pm

Sasquatch Language

Does Sasquatch Posess The Physical Attributes For Proper Breathing To Create Speach?

This is a portion of an E-Mail that I received from a very well trained and educated, semi-retired Biologist who used to work for the US Forest/Wildlife Service.

...................................... other news, have been doing extensive research of scientific writings and papers on all things behind being human, and all things about being a quadraped. Then I examine the differences as they parallel each other. I really get excited about some of the things I find.

If you will bear with me, I am going to throw in a few things I cut out which I termed " scientific snippets". It is the most important parts from scientific writing form here and there. I hope you enjoy reading them.

1. The origin of another characteristic, voluntary breath control, which is accepted as an essential feature enabling speech, and which is found especially in diving mammals, can as well be explained by bipedal gait: because human upper limbs and thorax are not involved in locomotion, we are able to breathe independently of gait, Langdon said.

2. Based on previously published analyses, these results demonstrate that there was an increase in thoracic innervation during human evolution. The remaining possible functional cause is increased control of breathing for speech. The main muscles involved in the fine control of human speech breathing are the intercostals and a set of abdominal muscles which are all thoracically innervated. Modifications to quiet breathing are essential for modern human speech, enabling the production of long phrases on single expirations punctuated with quick inspirations at meaningful linguistic breaks. Other linguistically important features affected by variation in subglottal air pressure include emphasis of particular sound units, and control of pitch and intonation. Subtle, complex muscle movements, integrated with cognitive factors, are involved. The vocalizations of nonhuman primates involve markedly less respiratory control. Without sophisticated breath control, early hominids would only have been capable of short, unmodulated utterances, like those of extant nonhuman primates. Fine respiratory control, a necessary component for fully modern language, evolved sometime between 1.6 Mya and 100,000 ya.

So what is the point of some of the above? Bigfoot is either similar to humans as relates to sophisticated breath control which is needed for speech (or language), or it is similar to nonhuman primates, whose vocalizations involve significantly less respiratory control. Since there are those of us who believe bigfoot has a language, we need to understand the physiological requirements for this to occur.

Researchers will need to come to common ground as to whether sasquatch is capable of producing long phrases on a single outward breath, or only short, unmodulated utterances. To do this, we must have more and longer recording of bigfoot "talking". ....................................................................................................

Origins of Speech Linked with Bipedality

Baltimore, MD - Speech is a byproduct of the physiological adjustments that came along with walking upright on two feet, according to Robert Provine, UMBC professor of psychology.

The ability to speak is both a mechanical and neurological issue. In quadrupeds, there is a one-to-one correlation between breathing pattern and stride because the lungs must be fully inflated to add rigidity to the thoracic complex (sternum, ribs and associated musculature) that absorbs forelimb impacts during running. Without such synchronization, the thorax is weak and unable to absorb the impact. When primates stood and walked on two legs, the thorax was freed of its support function during locomotion, breaking the link between breathing patterns and stride. This flexibility enabled humans to regulate breathing and ultimately, speak.

A prominent expert on laughter, Provine discovered this link while studying chimp laughter, which sounds like panting. Provine found that the pant-like laugh is a result of an inability to manipulate breathing patterns, limiting chimps to a simple inhalation-exhalation cycle.

"Humans have more flexible respiratory control, making it possible to chop an exhalation into parts, as is evident in the 'ha-ha-ha' pattern of laughter," says Provine. He points out that humans both laugh and speak by the modulating sounds produced by an outward breath. Without respiratory control, human laughter would more closely resemble chimp laughter and speech would be impossible.

Comment by (Biologist): The last paragraph we all know to be true, however if you speak breathing out, and then say the same thing on an inward breath, you will find you can do it, its just very difficult. Relating this to bigfoot, there are reports of vocalizations of an intense type which seemed to have been made without a break for breathing, leaving the possibility they were made on an outward and inward breath and without any particular difficulty in doing so.

The origin of another characteristic, voluntary breath control, which is accepted as an essential feature enabling speech, can as well be explained by bipedal gait. Because human upper limbs and thorax are not involved in locomotion, we are able to breathe independently of gait, Langdon said.

And then (Biologist) wrote in his "still working paper": Studies by Jorge C. Lucero and Laura L. Koenig, 2005, show that the larger laryngeal size of the human male results in less restriction of the oscillation conditions (movement) of the vocal folds (chords) than in the smaller laryngeal size of the female. As this relates to bigfoot, we can hypothesize that they have a larger larynx than the human male. (this has now been shown to be true based on analysis of recorded sasquatch talking.) This would make it even easier for bigfoot to produce movement of the vocal cords. Concluding that they also have a greater lung capacity, we can begin to understand the volume, intensity, range, and diversity of their vocalizations. They should be capable of lower frequencies of sound than modern man.

So what is the point of the above? Bigfoot is either similar to humans as relates to sophisticated breath control which is needed for speech (or language), or it is similar to nonhuman primates, whose vocalizations involve significantly less respiratory control. Since there are those of us who believe bigfoot has a language, we need to understand the physiological requirements for this to occur.

Researchers will need to come to common ground as to whether sasquatch is capable of producing long phrases on a single outward breath, or only short, unmodulated utterances. To do this, we must have more and longer recordings of bigfoot "talking".

It seem equally important that as we do field work, we need to have a reliable audio recorder with us at all times. Well, I hope I did not bore you too much. Not only are we trying to document and prove the existence of sasquatch, we are also trying to determine if they have a language. I believe they do, but we must be able to prove it.

RESPONSE

Hello (Biologist)

It has been nice to hear from you.

Before getting into this I would like to have your permission to publish our Scientific communication on my Website for everyone to be able to learn from. RSVP-ASAP.

I have included your correspondence to me for your ease of reference.

Firstly, I would like to say that I have no formal training in any science, not even Biology ; in fact I never even finished High School. But the information that you have sent me and the way that it is presented is very easy to understand and follow. Taking upon myself the "self imposed task" of becoming a researcher really seems to activate intellectual juices that I previously didn't realize that I had. I guess my interest in documentaries about wildlife and Sasquatchs has stimulated my brain to glean information and store it away for future reference. This must be what is called the "Learning Process" ; the basic part of education.

Based on the above information, that you sent to me, it is easy to understand how" voluntary" breathing control plays such an important role in speech capability. When you think about it for a minute it is only common sense.

I have listened very thoroughly to the High Sierra Recordings and even loaded the vocalizations into my computer and then manipulated the sounds using an audio production software. By slowing down the speed of the sounds, then increasing the pitch and cleaning up the individual frequency bands the vocalizations have become much clearer. The longest composition of words on those recordings is spoken by the Sasquatch when he discovered the toilet seat and flipped it up and down a few times, then he spoke the words, "OH MY LETCH, WHAT IS THAT ?". I am including this vocalization as an MP3 attachment ( What Is That.MP3 ) If you are unable to use MP3 let me know and I will send .WAV which is a lot bigger file... . It can be played in Windows Media Player 10 with the plug-in and settings accordingly.

In this vocalization it sounds as if there might be a breath being taken between the two parts of the vocal composition ; between the word LETCH and the word WHAT. There also seems to be significant breath control between each of the three words within the first half of the composition. It would be nice if the fellows doing the recording would have kept quite, but the Sasquatch voice is quite clear above their gab.

Assuming that these High Sierra recordings are in deed authentic, I believe that these are the most important scientific evidence of vocal speech capability that is available to date. There is definitely words spoken some of which are even in the english language which is not at all surprising to me ( I will later explain why it is not surprising to me ) ; there is definitely voluntary composition of words into phrases, there is definitely planned sensible composition of thought expression within the vocalization. There is consciously or sub-consciously a deliberate compiling of thought that has taken place and is vocally expressed in understandable language communication which clearly relates to the subject at hand ; that is ; what is this thing ( the toilet seat ).

I interpret this example as a demonstration of capability to take a voluntarily thought and plan it into a human type of vocal, language communication for the purpose of clearly relaying information about the subject of conversation at that particular point in time. If there is advanced breathing control taking place in order to communicate the parts of the vocal composition, then this supports even further their closeness of Sasquatch to our species, human. However, if there is a lack or partial lack of this breathing control that is supposedly required to express multi-part vocal compositions, I don't think that it would necessarily distance them as a human or sub-human species. I think that would only indicate a lack of proper control via the lack of communication training (education if you prefer). This brings out a very important question.... If you were to carefully examine the communication skills of the least advanced humans who live way back in the remotest places on earth, where they live without modern communication, without proper clothing and hunt with spears and arrows, eating and living as we would interpret primitive man or caveman, would their communication skills demonstrate weakness in "advanced" breathing control during communication ? If their communication skills demonstrate advanced breath control then, as far as I am concerned, it means that Sasquatch has not developed these skills to perfection as Scientists would prefer to understand... If the communication skills of these primitive people does demonstrate a lack of perfection in breath control, then the subject of Sasquatch requiring such advanced breath control skills being a necessity to human connection would be irrelevant. (added later ; This would simply mean that Sasquatch lacks language skills training, and with proper language skills training would acquire advancement in breathing control and speech. )

Quite frankly, I do understand what is being questioned in the information you sent to me, but I really do fail to understand why it is considered to be of the utmost importance, or the deciding factor as to Sasquatch's connection or lack of connection to the human race..

I believe that , advanced breath control during communication is not a clinically important issue for deciding upon whether there is a connection of Sasquatch to the human race.. I believe that this lies in the ability to voluntarily organize thoughts into a proper thought pattern and then organize that thought pattern into a proper word formation, and then put forth that proper thought pattern and proper word formation into a vocal sound that properly expresses the message to be conveyed in such a way that others who speak that particular language can understand what that message is. To do this complete exercise in the same manner that a normal human would do this is what would bring them closer to the human race connection. To do this takes a considerable amount of intelligence which so far has only been clearly demonstrated as a part of everyday life in the human species. Of course there seems to be the ability of some animals to be able to express certain messages within their own species but these are not to be considered as human type communication skills, but rather a reaction to a situation that has little if any thought behind it.. There has been at least one Ape that I am aware of who has been taught to compile thoughts into communication and express those thoughts by use of human orientated sign language, but that is not a normal part of the life of her species. This is something that took many years of training to develop within her and not the skill that could be taught to just any ape.

From what I have heard with my own ears, from what I have heard from vocal recordings and what I have learned from what the Native Indian People have to say about Sasquatch ; I believe that, although rough and lacking proper development, Sasquatch clearly demonstrates the communication skills of the human species; a bit rough around the edges maybe, but none the less, the ability is there.

The question arises, Do I believe Sasquatch to be human ? The Hobbit people have now been clearly defined as a human species. The Giant People who lived in North America when the Indian people arrived, are said by Indian history to be a people. I understand this to mean human or directly connected to the human species. The Native Indian people refer to Sasquatch as "A PEOPLE". What do I think ? I think that the Indian people are correct ! I believe that Sasquatch is as much a part of the Human Species as the Hobbit People were. Why should we as a species called Human, be so pompous and self righteous as to think that we are the only representation of our species to be alive today ?

I don't know if I have answered your question as to what I think about Sasquatch Language as it relates to the scientific examination of what is clinically required to communicate language. But, I hope that what I have had to say makes some sense to the question.

CONCLUSION:- I really think that the world of Science too often sees something that already exists, then they will pick that apart to the very last Atom in order to find some way to prove if this really does or does not exist. If we know that it already exists, then why not simply accept that fact and get on with things. Sometimes I think that a lot of Scientists have placed themselves inside the test tube of the subject of their study and completely lost touch with the realities of the rest of the world around them.

What difference does it make if Sasquatch clinically possesses the proper breath control skills that are supposed to be required in order to properly function for the purpose of extended speech in multi-part vocal compositions. We already know that Sasquatch has speech, we know that they possess language, we already know that they have the ability to use words to express themselves. Native Indian culture says that Sasquatch knows and speaks what is referred to as the "Douglas Dialect" ; which I understand is composed of Salish, Algonquin and other language base.

With all of this in mind why do we have to spend large amounts of time and energy trying to prove something that is already known. Is it simply to appease the mind set of the doubters, those who prefer to be blind to what is already known? If so, then I am afraid that I am one who from this point forward, refuses to waste my time on their entertainment. I have more important Scientific tasks to perform than to waste valuable time and energy playing "prove it" games with people who haven't accepted what is right in front of their noses. Sasquatch speaks. Sasquatch has language. Sasquatch uses words to express thought. Sasquatch expressed thoughts make sense when you understand the language he is speaking in. Does Sasquatch demonstrate proper breath control when vocalizing a multi-part composition of words? What difference does it make unless he becomes a professor of Language and takes on a career as a speech therapist.

I hope that other Researchers will feel the way I do. I have to utilize what I already know about Sasquatch communication skills and take the fullest advantage of what I know. That being, to find ways to better track down Sasquatch locations, create contact, and find more successful ways to establish a trust, then discover ways to create a regular and productive communication.

The Scientific Community could better use their time and energy trying to find if Sasquatch has different language skills in different geographical locations. If they speak"Douglas" in the south-west of BC and north-west USA , then where else would this language be known to them. In other parts of Canada and the USA do they have knowledge of other basic languages of the Native Indians who historically reside in that particular area. In the Central Interior of BC could I make sensible contact with Sasquatch with the use of Carrier Indian Language. Would I get a favorable response trying words in the Salish Language or would Sasquatch respond to English, or would Douglas Dialect be the best choice. How can I speak to Sasquatch and what language base could I use?

We know that Sasquatch is a very curious individual who loves to watch people and the things that people do. We know that Sasquatch has a great deal of intelligence. They create some very elaborate structures out in the bush. They are incredible experts at avoiding being seen when they so choose. They possess exceptional talent at listening and mimicking sounds. They have amazing intelligence and dexterity at being able to unzip pack sacks and filter through the contents without dumping everything out onto the ground. Compare this to a Bear who would simple rip the packsack open and scatter the contents.

They have shown human traits in food accumulation as they have been seen catching fish, and have been seen washing and cleaning edible roots and plants, then taking them away in a neat hands full. They have been seen executing very efficient plans of herding deer and capturing by ambush. There is recorded accounts of Sasquatch using large rocks as a weapon projectile to knock down a deer then capturing the deer while it is down. They have been known to open a deep freezer and pick out only the frozen meat and not bother with the other things, then close the freezer before leaving. They have been known on many accounts to have taken something then leave a trade item in it's place. They use tree breaks and intricate markers and arrow type pointers throughout their travels in the bush and I have personally found that they appear to remove most of these when leaving the area. The list of intelligent things done goes on.

Now, knowing that they do in fact have a communication language, why would it be hard to believe that through the 400 or 500 years that they have been able to observe english speaking people, that they have in fact learned some basic communication within the english language. The Native Indians of the Pacific North West say Sasquatch spoke The Douglas Language. If this is true, then how could we presume that his ability to learn communication language stopped there. If the Indian People are correct and Sasquatch is in fact a "People", and he has language then why would it be so hard to believe that Sasquatch has not expanded upon his knowledge base in the last 500 years that white man has been here ?

From what I have learned I have come to believe that Sasquatch likely picks up language from repeated observation of people who are commonly resident to the geographical area. That would partially explain what is believed to be their ability to have knowledge of the "Douglas Dialect". Not to forget that Native Indians supposedly traded with Sasquatch. In the High Sierra Recordings of Northern California, Bigfoot uses words and even a proper sentence in the English Language. I interpret this as a result of Bigfoot having an extensive amount of time observing people and learning things in very small increments, like individual word expressions and language, then introducing those observations into their family unit. As the family unit grows and matures, offspring would seek out mates and carry those learned observations into the creation of their own family unit.

Now let's add one more thing into this. Native history says that Sasquatch was known to sometimes kidnap Indian girls and women then use them for reproduction. Obviously these women and girls would attempt communication in their tribal language. Is it possible that Sasquatch learned some language from his prisoners? If he already has language skills it would be absurd to assume that he would not.

If within the life span of an individual family unit Sasquatch picks up a primitive use one or two words of language communication then carry that with them when they leave their family and go on to create of their own family unit; add into this that their mate brings along the learning of one word, then within the life span of that family unit they add in one more word, now they have three words that have been picked up. They will over time spread the knowledge of enough words, to have accumulated enough words to be able to express thoughts in a communicable manner within the language of those accumulated words. Henceforth, we now have justification for Bigfoot using english language words and sentence composition as are recorded on the High Sierra recordings.

I only speak the English language. As an example, let's say that loads of Chinese people were to come here and set up camps out in the bush within my normal range of recreational movement. Out of curiosity I would go there as often as I could just to watch and listen to them. How long do you think it would take before I picked up on a word here and there, or maybe even catch onto a small phrase ?

As hypothetical as this may be, I really do not think that it is a far fetched example. If a stupid parrot can be taught to speak words or even small phrases there certainly exists the ability of an intelligent being to learn language. And what difference does it make if he uses advanced breath control while speaking as long as he breaths properly enough to say what he wants to say without sounding like he has asthma.

. Bye for now ...... LEO...
Starz
Starz

Back to top Go down

Post  CMcMillan Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:00 pm

I believe they do have a Language.
I believe they have also learned some of our words. They may not know the meanings but have heard us and learn our speech.

I recall the one video almost pitch dark you can see a cooler in the picture kinda of.
The "bigfoots turn the Cooler around look at it"
When you listen to the audio one says "Enoch" I think this is a word they use for Humans US.
Listing to it still gives me the chills I can't explain why it just does.
CMcMillan
CMcMillan

Back to top Go down

Post  Green911 Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:17 pm

Why wouldn't Bigfoot have a language? Most species have some type of language or form of communication. Basically language is any form of communication between two or more individualsin a species. Now saying that, yes they probably have a language.

Now it is our turn to try to determine what type of language they have, whether it be similar to humans, in the use of words and phrases, or if it is a sound based language that may just be mistaken for words.

I think with time and patience we may find it. But I think we will need a living breathing captive individual to find out for sure. Until then I always keep my mind open to good logical theory. elephant
Green911
Green911

Back to top Go down

Post  Holt Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:19 pm

Great thread. I gotta think about this. I just always assumed they communicated in various ways.
Holt
Holt

Back to top Go down

Post  madison5716 Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:43 pm

I'd like to know how many of them have picked up curse words, since I'm sure they've heard them all during encounters.

madison5716

Back to top Go down

Post  Green911 Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:35 pm

madison5716 wrote:I'd like to know how many of them have picked up curse words, since I'm sure they've heard them all during encounters.

I did read a post somewhere, sorry cant remember which one, that sort of interpreted the Sierra sounds. One interpretation was. "What the letch is that?"

Being formerly married to someone from Malta, "letch" is a curse word. Though unfortunately do not know the exact meaning.

Makes you think.
elephant
Green911
Green911

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down