Bigfoot Evidence
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bigfoot News
Bigfoot Evidence
Bigfoot Evidence
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Does FINDING BIGFOOT help or hurt the study of BF

+15
Green911
Tzieth
Starz
callmeIshmael
Mr.Lee
arkansquatch
Earthquake Panda
Danny Squatchanini
GT3Paul
Papa Bear
DPinkerton
BurdenOfProof
CMcMillan
I AM THE BLOBSQUATCH
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Does FINDING BIGFOOT help or hurt the study of BF Empty Does FINDING BIGFOOT help or hurt the study of BF

Post  I AM THE BLOBSQUATCH Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:43 am

I don't know where I fall on this question. While I LOVE the fact that there is a prime time BF show to replace Monsterquest, Matt and Bobo(God love him), just make the subject seem silly. As for Renee, she is never given the chance to fully explain her skepticism, IMO. Cliff is okay, but the show overall is a DUD and a BORE. I will STILL watch, tho, because I like watching almost anything BF related, EXCEPT that awful movie on SYFY. LOL. Your thoughts?

I AM THE BLOBSQUATCH

Back to top Go down

Does FINDING BIGFOOT help or hurt the study of BF Empty Re: Does FINDING BIGFOOT help or hurt the study of BF

Post  CMcMillan Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:13 am

I AM THE BLOBSQUATCH wrote:I don't know where I fall on this question. While I LOVE the fact that there is a prime time BF show to replace Monsterquest, Matt and Bobo(God love him), just make the subject seem silly. As for Renee, she is never given the chance to fully explain her skepticism, IMO. Cliff is okay, but the show overall is a DUD and a BORE. I will STILL watch, tho, because I like watching almost anything BF related, EXCEPT that awful movie on SYFY. LOL. Your thoughts?

I think the show is ment for entertainment.
So they cut out a lot of the footage showing everyone really doing what they do.
the network has each as a character to play

Matt: the man who see's bigfoot everywhere and in everything
Bobo: The crazy Bigfooter who comes up crazy Ideas to try to find them (seems to be for comic relief, even though he does know bigfooting)
Cliff: The Skeptic Bigfooter, (The level headed bigfooter)
Renee: The Skeptic, They will not let her say that anything is bigfoot. The will censor her.

I think it brings to light the search for bigfoot. Just much like "In Search of" and other shows.

I personally Like it.
CMcMillan
CMcMillan

Back to top Go down

Does FINDING BIGFOOT help or hurt the study of BF Empty Re: Does FINDING BIGFOOT help or hurt the study of BF

Post  BurdenOfProof Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:57 am

The fact that it is called "finding bigfoot" and they are coming up to their 3rd season and well they havent exactly found bigfoot is pretty laughable.

It shows those who were previously not aware of the bigfoot phenomon that it is just another crazy paranormal phenomenon with no basis in reality. The same as all those other crazy ghost and ufo shows.
BurdenOfProof
BurdenOfProof

Back to top Go down

Post  DPinkerton Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:45 am

I do not like those ghost shows at all..or any that take a couple people, put them in the dark somewhere with a preconception of something "weird". The mind will play tricks, your heart will race, your hair will stand up and you will run around like a paniced chicken....

Good entertainment for some, very little "science" is the result.

@ Burden.... What fun would a show called "Finding Bigfoot" be if they found it in the first episode...Look there he is! Oh crap...now what do we do for the rest of the season?

DPinkerton

Back to top Go down

Post  CMcMillan Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:23 am

Again the show is designed for Entertainment.
I watch all those shows I love them.
Ghost Hunters, Haunted Highway, UFO Hunters, Destination Truth, Finding Bigfoot, Ancient Aliens, Fact or Faked Etc...
They are interesting to watch at least for me.

I don't think they Hurt the real searching since several of the people are pretty respectable in the fields.
CMcMillan
CMcMillan

Back to top Go down

Does FINDING BIGFOOT help or hurt the study of BF Empty Does FINDING BIGFOOT help or hurt the study of BF

Post  Papa Bear Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:52 pm

that is a great question Blob and one I'm sure we all have pondered. CMcMillan is right, it is for entertainment purposes to satisfy "pop-culture". Everybody knows about bigfoot- it's in the fabric of our society. I could ask anyone walking there dog in my neighborhood, they would recognize the name in some form or another. The show itself does make a mockery of the bigfoot dilemma at times, and can be embarrassing. (<cough> bobo) Its a re-creation of a documentary- not reality but actuality.

I personally enjoy watching the show, and take the bits and pieces that actually make sense. I <really> enjoy listening to people tell their experiences and going to the actually site. Then having the believers and skeptic try to put the experience into perspective. Sometimes its explainable and other times…..leaves you wondering. It's good to have a <healthy> does of skepticism in the room, because I've been to places where everyone is a 'gung-ho' believer and for me, it gets a little uncomfortable.

So with that, I think the show solidifies to skeptics, bigfoot is a fake. the main reason is that can't wrap the idea around their head, that a bi-pedal apeman is walking in the wilds of America and beyond. Everything they have learned and have been taught won't allow them to look at the evidence (not necessarily from this show) and when evidence gets a little to much to comprehend- <not saying they are dumb>, they must rational this information. But that's ok!!! I don't want to make believers out of anyone. I actually think it's whats best for Bigfoot, to remain just the way things are a mystery. I'm perfectly content with all proven evidence being total scrutinized to shit by the media, scientist/biologist. And the stories you do hear of Bigfoot's with profound detail/evidence from a legitimate source remain vaulted in blogs and forums. The good solid information, by-in-large remains in the big-footers community, the information doesn't spill over to main stream every often and when it does occur- it doesn't resonant to long. I wouldn't categorize, especially the big- footers on this forum as believers but 'knowers' When you know something to be true in ones mind, it doesn't matter, what anyone thinks or says, YOUR mind is made up. You still keep an open/level-headed mind, which for years i was skeptical. But you have to, especially today, with all the videos out there, which 95% are about entertainment and $.
Papa Bear
Papa Bear

Back to top Go down

Post  GT3Paul Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:21 pm

If its on TV you have to take it with a grain of salt. Yes I have had a snicker out of the title and the fact the they havent come close
GT3Paul
GT3Paul
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danny Squatchanini Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:26 pm

Every week its the same pattern-investigate a location, town hall meeting, blah, blah, blah. They need to do something different. I want them to succeed at finding my childhood monster that gave me nightmares. I want the search to end and lets start watching them in how they live. And tell Matt to stop dealing in absolutes. Nothing is concrete with Bigfoot, "That definitely is a Bigfoot" or "Only Bigfoots make that noise". Really? Are you sure? I dont see it documented in any science books. How about just saying, "I think its a Bigfoot from my experience". That would be better.
Danny Squatchanini
Danny Squatchanini

Back to top Go down

Does FINDING BIGFOOT help or hurt the study of BF Empty Getting Old

Post  ***** Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:33 pm

It's getting old, I agree. Some exposure is better than none overall.

Back to top Go down

Post  I AM THE BLOBSQUATCH Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:21 am

Danny Squatchanini wrote:Every week its the same pattern-investigate a location, town hall meeting, blah, blah, blah. They need to do something different. I want them to succeed at finding my childhood monster that gave me nightmares. I want the search to end and lets start watching them in how they live. And tell Matt to stop dealing in absolutes. Nothing is concrete with Bigfoot, "That definitely is a Bigfoot" or "Only Bigfoots make that noise". Really? Are you sure? I dont see it documented in any science books. How about just saying, "I think its a Bigfoot from my experience". That would be better.

That was the sound of the nail being hit on the head. That being said, I'm a sucker and I'll keep watching the show! lol!

I AM THE BLOBSQUATCH

Back to top Go down

Post  GT3Paul Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:42 am

The producers have a good idea on what they are doing. If I were they, I would put another nice looking woman in there to peak the interest until they decide to be real researchers or entertainers.
GT3Paul
GT3Paul
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danny Squatchanini Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:37 am

Gotta change it up. Bring in a pro to discuss some things (BoBo said they were gonna do that on Joe Rogan's Podcast a month ago), have your BFRO stay out at sites a month before taping to get good info/pics/video for the show. Go over some recent videos and talk about what is good about video and show hoaxes to us. Crap like this would work. Recommend DVDs, books, movies, get into it baby! Yeah!
Discuss the P/G film in detail for one episode like the nuts on here do.
Danny Squatchanini
Danny Squatchanini

Back to top Go down

Post  I AM THE BLOBSQUATCH Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:42 pm

Danny Squatchanini wrote:Gotta change it up. Bring in a pro to discuss some things (BoBo said they were gonna do that on Joe Rogan's Podcast a month ago), have your BFRO stay out at sites a month before taping to get good info/pics/video for the show. Go over some recent videos and talk about what is good about video and show hoaxes to us. Crap like this would work. Recommend DVDs, books, movies, get into it baby! Yeah!
Discuss the P/G film in detail for one episode like the nuts on here do.

As one of those "nuts", I agree. Your ideas are good ones. However, MATT doesn't come across as the type of dude to cede his authority to another cast member

I AM THE BLOBSQUATCH

Back to top Go down

Does FINDING BIGFOOT help or hurt the study of BF Empty double edged sword

Post  Earthquake Panda Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:54 pm

imo- It is good in the sense that it raises awareness(more folks taking cameras and keeping a eye out for tracks when they hit the woods) , but it also seems to encourage hoaxing as well(more and more goobtube vids of people trying to mimic the finding bigfoot formula in their crappy vids).... Double edged sword....

The show itself, Bobo is the only one I can watch or listen to for more than 5 minutes, and by 10 minutes he is putting me to sleep. Keep Bobo & Cliff, swap out Renae and FatMM for SWP and Rick Dryer, give them all bear mace, tazers and go pro's, drop em off in the woods a few miles apart from each other with compass's and a rally point and lets see how many times Bobo gets tazed and sprayed..... poor Bobo ....lol....
Earthquake Panda
Earthquake Panda

Back to top Go down

Does FINDING BIGFOOT help or hurt the study of BF Empty Finding Bigfoot made me a believer

Post  arkansquatch Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:15 pm

If it weren't for Finding Bigfoot, I'd have never given bigfoot a moment of my thoughts. I am 38 years old, and up until 6 months ago, when I first saw an episode of Finding Bigfoot, there was NO way that bigfoot could have been real. But after seeing this show just once, my mind started to open up a bit about the creature. I watched every single episode of the show. And I also started watching every bigfoot documentary I could find. Now, there is no doubt in my mind that bigfoot is real. And although the Finding Bigfoot tv program has done little to prove the existence of sasquatch, it HAS brought the idea into the mainstream. It's gotten people like me curious for more information and ignited a desire to perform our research. I think Finding Bigfoot may be the best thing to ever happen to bigfoot.

arkansquatch

Back to top Go down

Post  GT3Paul Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:48 pm

They are going to change it up. They are going to use a much more technical approach. There I said it and spilled the beans.
GT3Paul
GT3Paul
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CMcMillan Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:56 pm

GT3Paul wrote: They are going to change it up. They are going to use a much more technical approach. There I said it and spilled the beans.

woohoooo....
You GO GT
CMcMillan
CMcMillan

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Lee Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:46 am

They must have the financial backing to just rent a helicopter with a good thermal camera & search a large area.They need to do it like the border patrol. You got the guys in the air reporting to guys on the ground & bam you got yourself a Bigfoot. Theoretically of course.

Mr.Lee

Back to top Go down

Post  callmeIshmael Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:52 pm

I agree they need to 'upgrade' their method. Kel was correct in her assertion that they all have a role to fill. It's funny because Renae can't get a word in either way. The one episode she starts to get freaked out and believing, at the end she's all "not bigfoot" (director yells 'cut'). lol.
callmeIshmael
callmeIshmael

Back to top Go down

Post  Starz Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:57 pm

They're making a pile of cash and hurting the subject.

Cliff has admitted he disagrees with the methods and how it's gone so far, but likes his paycheck. Personally we have watched the show and we now play a drinking game played '' count MM's nosehairs''.

One of the most idiotic thing is running around the wood's in that head-camera-light set up. They look ridiculous and every BF for miles can see them as well. NV or not.

If they were worth their salt they could have found a BF in episode one and then gone with working with it over time for a nice TV series. But lets not spoil the dumbassery!
jocolor
Starz
Starz

Back to top Go down

Post  Tzieth Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:25 am

As to the topic lol.. It HURTS. They will never find it with a whole camera crew stomping around with them. I think Ozzy's kid will get sound footage before Finding Bigfoot will.

And no we risk not only hoaxers running around in the woods, but novice researchers call blasting each other while thinking they made some sort of communication lol.

Just bring back Monster Quest No
Tzieth
Tzieth

Back to top Go down

Post  callmeIshmael Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:28 pm

Stank- MM has talked about this happening before. It's becoming common because people often go to known BF sighting locations to do their call blasting. If you go call blasting at Bluff Creek, you are probably going to a response, and it's probably another group.
callmeIshmael
callmeIshmael

Back to top Go down

Post  CMcMillan Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:39 pm

yes they went into that in several episodes even Bobo said the same thing.
That they have to be cautious of the other hunters in the area.
CMcMillan
CMcMillan

Back to top Go down

Post  Green911 Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:20 pm

I think show like this can help,making it less embarrassing for people to come forward with sightingss. But on the flip side, there are lots of hoaxes being thrown out there also. But at least people's way of thinking is changing, hopefully for the good. elephant
Green911
Green911

Back to top Go down

Post  GT3Paul Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:05 pm

Overall it brings awareness to the public and people who dont do much but watch TV, that the subject is out there for study.
Its a cool topic for study and one that people can have a ALOT of fun with (if you dont end up being one of the 411s that bigfoot might have carried off)
People who dont go outdoors can start hiking if they are interested, and I know several people who have retired and started going out looking and
have become healthier. Guess what, then they become less a burden on our health care system. Others make friends that they would not have had
otherwise. Others learn a little bit about science which is a good thing. So there is nothing that is really bad about the program. I mean otherwise
how would Bobo get a job?
GT3Paul
GT3Paul
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next