Bigfoot Evidence
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bigfoot News
Bigfoot Evidence
Bigfoot Evidence
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Nocturnals? How do our members feel about venturing into the forest at night?

+17
CMcMillan
Blondie1
Sweetsusiq
madison5716
jpwooden
thereoutthere
Bigfoot Bode
Green911
MylesLI
Kel
BurdenOfProof
Earthquake Panda
GT3Paul
StankApe
Mr.Lee
Danny Squatchanini
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Nocturnals?  How do our members feel about venturing into the forest at night? - Page 2 Empty In the Dark

Post  Blondie1 Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:24 pm

MylesLI wrote:Hi everyone...my first post! I hope to make new friends and be here when the evidence overwelms thecritics!

I live on Long Island but I've hiked in the Adirondacks for over 30 years. Going out at night is not nearly as life-threatening as many areas in the Southwest or Northwest.

I have no reservations and no gun!

Hopefully, I ill live to tell some stories when I go Squatching in the Fall!

Welcome Myles. I hope you live to tell some stories too! I have always felt safe in the woods and loved it at night until one night I was on my back porch and heard a couple of blood curdling screams. Next day a neighbor killed a beautiful Mountain Lion in the woods behind my house.

No wait, "they" say we don't have Mountain Lions in WNC??? Trust me it was there and I saw it's beautiful body and heard that scream. The fact it was killed was sad to me. Since then I try to limit my time out there after dark and watch carefully during the day and yes I'm packing now.
Blondie1
Blondie1

Back to top Go down

Nocturnals?  How do our members feel about venturing into the forest at night? - Page 2 Empty Night time adventures as preteens

Post  Sweetsusiq Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:49 pm

When I was probably about 10 along with my 9 year old sister, and our "baby" sister who was around 7, we were living in a new neighborhood that ended at our home, yet the street continued into the deep woodlands around our home. We girls liked to walk outside at night because there were no lights anywhere, and it was so peaceful, but totally black so we always walked along the street. One night we heard unusual noises coming from the forest around us. We decided to return home because we felt threatened and were frightened by the unusual sounds. While hurrying home I glanced over my should behind me, and saw a large black tall blob moving towards us perhaps 10-15 feet away. Being a girly girl I shrieked "Run, There is a monster coming after us!" Needless to say 3 frightened little girls arrived home shaking and crying. We curtailed our night time walks after that adventure. Now I wonder if it could have been a BF or a DM. This occurred in the woodlands in an area called Hoover, Alabama, which is south of Homewood, which is south of Birmingham. An area near us was named Vestavia. At that time there were miles of woodlands all around us, and during daytime hikes we once had small rocks thrown at us one day while we were playing and swimming in a stream which formed a sandy bottomed pool perhaps up to 5 feet deep. It really was a wonderful place to play and hike as kids. Thankfully I knew nothing about BF or DM.
Sweetsusiq
Sweetsusiq

Back to top Go down

Nocturnals?  How do our members feel about venturing into the forest at night? - Page 2 Empty Re: Nocturnals? How do our members feel about venturing into the forest at night?

Post  madison5716 Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:27 am

What's a DM?

madison5716

Back to top Go down

Nocturnals?  How do our members feel about venturing into the forest at night? - Page 2 Empty Re: Nocturnals? How do our members feel about venturing into the forest at night?

Post  CMcMillan Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:32 am

DM = Dog Man

Which is suppose to be related to bigfoot in some way.
Looks bigfootish but with a snout.
CMcMillan
CMcMillan

Back to top Go down

Nocturnals?  How do our members feel about venturing into the forest at night? - Page 2 Empty Dogman? Yes, It truly exists.

Post  Sweetsusiq Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:19 pm

Dogman is less well known than BF is, and from what I've heard or read is more aggressive than BF. That creature scares me badly. I hope to never see one personally.
I've heard that Dr. Ketchum has samples from the Dogman species, and will produce a study on this creature after the BF is proven, and things settle down for her. Melba already has DM samples to use to prove their existence. Twisted Evil What a Face
Sweetsusiq
Sweetsusiq

Back to top Go down

Nocturnals?  How do our members feel about venturing into the forest at night? - Page 2 Empty Nocturnals

Post  MylesLI Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:01 pm

Sweetsusiq wrote:
MylesLI wrote:Hi everyone...my first post! I hope to make new friends and be here when the evidence overwelms thecritics!

I live on Long Island but I've hiked in the Adirondacks for over 30 years. Going out at night is not nearly as life-threatening as many areas in the Southwest or Northwest.

I have no reservations and no gun!

Hopefully, I ill live to tell some stories when I go Squatching in the Fall!

Before you go on your trip please read David Paulides Missing 411 books where he discussed how many people go missing every year in the forest. Purchase or have your library get the book that covers the Adirondacks. Good luck, have fun, and stay safe.

Yes I'm aware of his work. Thanks. I'm not being reckless...I have 30 years in the ADK's ...I know the weather is the most dangerous consideration. I posted in another topic my location (south of Whitehall - Sleeping Beauty region on the East shore of Lake George..anyone that has experience or thoughts are requested to reach out! Thanks

MylesLI

Back to top Go down

Post  Starz Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:57 pm

with all due respect Susie you've said more than once the first bf you saw was in TX. this is pretty disingenious.

back on topic, going out depends on the type of area I'm in and my familiarity with the terrain.
Starz
Starz

Back to top Go down

Nocturnals?  How do our members feel about venturing into the forest at night? - Page 2 Empty I've read books

Post  Sweetsusiq Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:41 am

I may have only seen a BF in Texas, but according to the reports that I have read there are BF scattered all over America, especially in our deep forest regions. I feel at least qualified to caution people to be careful because not everything that goes "bump" in the dark of night is Bambi. Add in Mountain Lions, wildcats, bears, plus meth labs in some regions, and caution is advised to maintain a healthy life following your night time adventures.
To me, that is not disingenuous..Just realistic concern for my fellow forum members.
Let's not forget poisonous snakes! Yikes Twice!
Dogman exists also, and is way more dangerous and aggressive than most of the other animals out at night.
Sweetsusiq
Sweetsusiq

Back to top Go down

Post  dingo3497 Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:15 pm

I thoroughly enjoy the night. I spend the majority of my working hours at night and like the cover of darkness. The darkness not only provides cover but lessens the distractions around you. The darkness prevents one from being distracted and makes you concentrate at the task at hand. Also the amount of people that are out at night reduces 70%. This also allows one to concentrate on particular people or things.
I have hiked and camped at night, I would much rather be in the darkness looking for a creature or person then during the day. I would much rather be in the daylight while looking for evidence or interviewing individuals. My 2 cents.
dingo3497
dingo3497

Back to top Go down

Post  Sweetsusiq Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:13 pm

Idea I'm thinking that you are in police work, or you are a military man. Am I correct? Question
My son is military, Army, West Point grad, and is now a captain in the Cavalry. He is on special deployment with the marines for 9-12 months of special training.
Sweetsusiq
Sweetsusiq

Back to top Go down

Post  Buk Was Here Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:33 pm

I live in the Heart of the PNW and BF country go out all the time at night, the best time to have an encounter, its a rush.... What a Face
Buk Was Here
Buk Was Here

Back to top Go down

Post  letsfindem Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:57 pm

Couln't agree with you more Buk. I don't get out as much as I'd like too but theres nothing like being in the woods in the middle of the night in the PNW. Where are you from? Iam from western WA and like to go to Gifford Pinchot Nf as much as I can...
letsfindem
letsfindem

Back to top Go down

Post  dingo3497 Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:00 am

Sweetsusiq wrote: Idea I'm thinking that you are in police work, or you are a military man. Am I correct? Question
My son is military, Army, West Point grad, and is now a captain in the Cavalry. He is on special deployment with the marines for 9-12 months of special training.

No, Yes and now private security internationally and domestically.
dingo3497
dingo3497

Back to top Go down

Nocturnals?  How do our members feel about venturing into the forest at night? - Page 2 Empty Son in Military

Post  MylesLI Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:03 pm

Sweetsusiq wrote: Idea I'm thinking that you are in police work, or you are a military man. Am I correct? Question

God protect him and bring him and all of our troops home soon! Thank you for the service your whole family, not just your son!
Myles

MylesLI

Back to top Go down

Post  Sweetsusiq Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:03 pm

MylesLI wrote:

God protect him and bring him and all of our troops home soon! Thank you for the service your whole family, not just your son!
Myles
Myles, I'm watching the TV programs outlining that day's events, and I'm shaking as I watch it as the horror and the fear returns and my heart weeps again for the loss and suffering so many people experienced on that terrible day.
Thank you Miles for your kind and thoughtful comment. I love you
Sweetsusiq
Sweetsusiq

Back to top Go down

Post  Sweetsusiq Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:11 pm

dingo3497 wrote:

No, Yes and now private security internationally and domestically.
You talk exactly like my son does! I knew it. Thank you for what you are doing for America, and for people around the world.. May you stay safe and well. Also, Catch a BF for us when you have the time.. Very Happy
Sweetsusiq
Sweetsusiq

Back to top Go down

Post  jpwooden Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:07 pm

Sweetsusiq wrote:
jpwooden wrote:I have excellent night vision and I enjoy going out at night with thermals (when I can) and recording sounds every other time. My only problem is finding other people that can cope without lights...Nice thing about where I live is that the worst thing I have to worry about (other than a "Sqatch" I guess) is Skunks.
Do any of you guys use night vision like the military wears for night work?

At times...but mostly I am not out there for viewing (hello it's freaking dark)...its mostly to listen to the sounds of the forest at night....listening especially for things that should not be there. When we do hear things we try to approximate a distance and direction, after a night of it we try to narrow a search grid for the next day to look for hair, tracks, or any other items that may present themselves. The night vision and thermal equipment is interesting but you really need to slap down some major cash to get the really good stuff and I haven't done that as of yet...

jpwooden

Back to top Go down

Post  Sweetsusiq Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:16 pm

MylesLI wrote:

Myles
I love you Thank you Myles. I pray for peace, yet our military must be prepared for war to keep us safe. We are so blessed to live in America.
Sweetsusiq
Sweetsusiq

Back to top Go down

Nocturnals?  How do our members feel about venturing into the forest at night? - Page 2 Empty How much cash are we talking about?

Post  Sweetsusiq Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:33 pm

jpwooden wrote:
Sweetsusiq wrote:
jpwooden wrote:I have excellent night vision and I enjoy going out at night with thermals (when I can) and recording sounds every other time. My only problem is finding other people that can cope without lights...Nice thing about where I live is that the worst thing I have to worry about (other than a "Sqatch" I guess) is Skunks.
Do any of you guys use night vision like the military wears for night work?

At times...but mostly I am not out there for viewing (hello it's freaking dark)...its mostly to listen to the sounds of the forest at night....listening especially for things that should not be there. When we do hear things we try to approximate a distance and direction, after a night of it we try to narrow a search grid for the next day to look for hair, tracks, or any other items that may present themselves. The night vision and thermal equipment is interesting but you really need to slap down some major cash to get the really good stuff and I haven't done that as of yet...

Do you know how much really good night vision costs such as our military member's wear? Does the Night Vision "goggles"(?) that our military wear stay with the soldiers, or are they taken away after being used? By any chance, since my son is a Captain, could he check a set out to bring home so I could see if they are worth the expense to purchase a set? I'm thinking a couple of sets might be handy in case we lose power like we did for 10 days one year following a severe ice storm. Plus we seem to be in a tornado alley and have lost power following a tornado that actually took out part of our neighborhood. The storm was so close that I could actually hear the tornado as it passed us by. We also lost power for several days following that adventure. Shocked Are we talking about a couple hundred dollars, or far more? Question
Sweetsusiq
Sweetsusiq

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2