Bigfoot Evidence
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bigfoot News
Bigfoot Evidence
Bigfoot Evidence
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

I just got on the Podcast with Shawn and Michael!!

4 posters

Go down

I just got on the Podcast with Shawn and Michael!! Empty I just got on the Podcast with Shawn and Michael!!

Post  GT3Paul Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:09 pm

I thought I was going to talk to Shawn and Michael Merchant tonite about using some UAVS up in the
Squatch area Michael is working in. Turns out we were on the Podcast!!!!!!!
That was cool Hope I didnt sound like a idiot, I had no time to prepare to be on National TV!!!!! (sort of)
GT3Paul
GT3Paul
Admin

Back to top Go down

I just got on the Podcast with Shawn and Michael!! Empty Re: I just got on the Podcast with Shawn and Michael!!

Post  SasquaiNation Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:22 pm

You sounded very professional Paul. I have no doubt that you know your stuff. Awesome job!!

SasquaiNation

Back to top Go down

I just got on the Podcast with Shawn and Michael!! Empty good interview

Post  Admin Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:33 pm

you did great paul!

we'll talk some more about this later on.

thanks again!

- shawn

Admin
Admin

https://bigfoot.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

I just got on the Podcast with Shawn and Michael!! Empty Re: I just got on the Podcast with Shawn and Michael!!

Post  GT3Paul Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:07 pm

I would be honored just to help.
GT3Paul
GT3Paul
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BurdenOfProof Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:45 pm

I listened to that. You were the ex military guy making the advanced quadcopters?

I have a couple of hobbyist quads that I have built and I enjoyed listening to you.

A few questions though, can we realistically see flight times up to 30 minutes? From my experience flying with a camera mount + camera payload results in relatively low flight times. It can not be easily solved by using bigger batteries because that means more weight.

Is there some battery technology that is outside of the hobbyist market that can handle such applications?
BurdenOfProof
BurdenOfProof

Back to top Go down

Post  GT3Paul Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:21 pm

Burden, I am flying hexas that are really light with batteries that have 11,000 maH and now one
that is 16,800 mah. You can see those have MUCH more capacity that say a 5,000 maH.
ITs the mix of light powerful motors with these batteries I am getting from Maxamps.com
Remember I said I am saying we want to GET to a half hour, not that we are there yet.
I have a guy in my company that his whole job is to find more power, through batteries
or whatever means to get us to flight times of an hour.
I paid $600 from some of those batteries.
I dont know if you would consider those part of the hobbyist market.
GT3Paul
GT3Paul
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down