Bigfoot Evidence
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bigfoot News
Bigfoot Evidence
Bigfoot Evidence
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

What Made you get into Bigfoot?

+24
madison5716
jpwooden
Tzieth
Green911
sbizkit38
jan1033
MamaBear
indigobebe18
Blondie1
oldtimer
CMcMillan
StankApe
GT3Paul
Greevus
BurdenOfProof
olinselot
LKB3rd
casquatch
Nosey
I AM THE BLOBSQUATCH
Some@$$hole
SasquaiNation
Danny Squatchanini
28 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What Made you get into Bigfoot? - Page 2 Empty seeing is believing lol

Post  jan1033 Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:27 pm

Never really heard about BF growing up that I recall although I do remember being scared about the " Abomidable Snowman" as a kid( and having nightmare about it) Late 70s early 80s we were camping in Loudinville Oh, went to check on the kids sleeping in the tent and happened to come face to face with what I now know was a young one( my height, 5"7") standing watching us at the fire from between the tents. Totally shocked but it didn't scare me so much as surprise me. Our eyes locked, it stood there with it's mouth open ( figure we had very similar expressions on our shocked faces Very Happy ) I figured if I went back it would go away since it seemed peaceful enough. Never once felt threatened just shocked that they exist. A number of years later read a local newspaper article and it mentioned where in Ohio they were and low and behold, the Loudinville area was mentioned...so I wasn't nuts or seeing things...Fast forward another 20 or so years, . Living in rural NE Ohio ( Chardon area) and we moved to a house that was backed up to a fairly large forested area. We had weird things happen, IE I was out taking photos of the moon in the field behind the house and I could not shake the feeling someone/thing was standing near me but could not see any thing. Finally I was upset enough I went in. Few weeks later during the day this time I wanted to take some photos by a creek I knew was back in the woods behind the house. Oddly enough I could not figure out how to get into the woods( yeah weird I know) and when I turned around saw this big mound like thing of twigs that had no reason to be in the middle of the field since no large trees( or really any trees) were anywhere close to it. It was probably 4-5 ft high and maybe 10-12 ft long. I kept thinking "I should go see what that is" but it was like I couldn't. I know that sounds nuts but that is what was going thru my mind and it was very confusing as to why I could not go see what it was when I wanted to. So odd stuff kept happening, my tomatoes would get picked as soon as they were ripe ( ticked me off lol), I would hear someone walking on the gravel drive in the middle of the night but they were gone by the time I jumped out of bed and looked at the window right by the bed( what 2 seconds maybe), we both my daughter and I would hear someone turning the doorknob outside in the middle of the night. Stuff I couldn't really explain. ( as of yet I hadn't done any research about Bigfoot never even thinking it could be something like that) Finally one night I got home from shopping and pulled in by the side door rather than around back where I usually parked. I heard this weird fake owl sound. It sounded like someone imitating an owl but not really human, to deep. it was over by the empty garage next door. then another one called from right behind the house , like a few feet from me but around the corner.It scared me so bad it literally froze me with fear. Next came what sounded like someone hitting a tree with a board from by the garage again. I sat there a few mins. trying to get up enough courage to run the couple of steps to the door, blew the car horn hoping husband would hear and open the door( he didn't dang him). finally I got up the courage and ran into the house safely. About a month later I was up late putting clothes in the dryer and saw one as he/she turned away from looking in my window and it pounded on the side of the house as it walked away. Then I started looking stuff up. Since it was about 8 ft high I knew it was the adult version of what I saw as a kid I saw years before( not the same one just same species) and all the other stuff made some sense too. We moved a few miles away not long after that but occasionally we heard something similar to what is called the ohio howl. We later moved to a more city area and though I don't camp anymore and am somewhat afraid to even hike I feel safer here than I did there. My husband wants to see one and we do go to places locally that have had sightings but I really hope I never see another one. Once is enough, twice is too much. part of me hopes science admits they are there and protects them, part of me hopes they can just stay "undiscovered" and maybe safer. I think they are just like any other animal and probably will attack if they need to protect themselves but it could have ripped my head off since I wasn't more than 3 ft away from it and it didn't...course I say that now safe in my house with none here or nearby ( I hope)Wink

jan1033

Back to top Go down

What Made you get into Bigfoot? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Made you get into Bigfoot?

Post  CMcMillan Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:43 pm

Welcome Jan, thank you for your story.
I am in one of those situations I want to go out and look. Then i think well I am not going alone to look!!
What if I am out alone and I run into one.
Scares the hell out of me.
Yet i going to go hiking this weekend if the weather is not so freaking humid.
CMcMillan
CMcMillan

Back to top Go down

What Made you get into Bigfoot? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Made you get into Bigfoot?

Post  BurdenOfProof Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:43 pm

CMcMillan wrote:Welcome Jan, thank you for your story.
I am in one of those situations I want to go out and look. Then i think well I am not going alone to look!!
What if I am out alone and I run into one.
Scares the hell out of me.
Yet i going to go hiking this weekend if the weather is not so freaking humid.

Have you seen a bigfoot?
BurdenOfProof
BurdenOfProof

Back to top Go down

Post  CMcMillan Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:31 pm

yes I have seen something that was not a Bear. When i was younger.
I am not sure if it was a Big Foot but it looked like something similar to the : Temagami Ontario Bigfoot Photographs this was back in the 70's when I saw it in the back of my woods.
We had a swamp/ forest area in the back of my yard that went on for miles. Lots of Forest and swamp.
My account is in this very thread.
CMcMillan
CMcMillan

Back to top Go down

Post  sbizkit38 Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:01 am

Danny Squatchanini wrote:Me Write Book is in the link! Picture the Cookie Monster's voice reading the book to you. That is how I pictured BigFoot tawks!
Noooo, you got it wrong, not the cookie monster. Bigfoot plays the drums like "Animal"! That's who Bigfoot reminds me of. Lol!

sbizkit38

Back to top Go down

Post  Danny Squatchanini Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:41 am

You're lucky you had that door locked. Of course, they could have knocked it down. I have heard that on a few occassions that BFs have tried the door handle. Why? They could just break it down. What are they gonna do inside? Raid the fridge?
Danny Squatchanini
Danny Squatchanini

Back to top Go down

Post  jan1033 Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:34 am

what freaks me out the most is why do they come around ? I don't understand why an animal that seems to want to hide would come right up to a house like that. That makes me think they are after something in the house. And it must be a strong urge to overcome the self preservation aspect.

I read the Eastern 411 missing book and that pretty much finished hiking, camping was already done. Pre knowing BF was there we went to Salt Fork to camp and something/ someone kept walking around our tent really loudly,loud enough to wake me up. I thought at the time it was a really rude fellow camper although there wasn't really anyone camped by us. Now I don't know what it was but am sort of glad I didn't yell at it like I was thinking of doing.

They are pretty active in the area I used to live I think, there is a game preserve, a lake, lots of woods. I have a friend who lived maybe 4-5 miles east of us who saw them peeking in her window a few times. She saw eyes out of the corner of her eye and went into the room next door and looked out that window, they ( big and little one) were standing there looking in the first window . You can go for miles in that area and not have to come out of woods though except to cross one or two roads.

I read some (derogatory) comments about Matthew Johnson crying when he talks about it. don't know the guy but people just don't realize how frightening it is and if my little kids were there with me and I was in the middle of nowhere like he was, I don't think I would ever get over it. I posted a picture on another thread that looks like the first one I saw ( except it's eyes were amber inside with a red band on the outer eyeball) and it scares me just to look at it( get really anxious)

jan1033

Back to top Go down

Post  Green911 Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:03 pm

My father took my brother and I to the Patterson film at the theater, scared the poo out of me, but later the in search of programs, and most recently Coast to Coast AM. My husbands family has property in trinity county in northern california and we go there often. Many times I have felt like I was being watched when doing work on the property. But never have seen anything. Bigfoot is a great interest for me now. I am glad to have a group to discuss this with.

elephant
Green911
Green911

Back to top Go down

Post  CMcMillan Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:13 pm

Welcome Green to the forums.
CMcMillan
CMcMillan

Back to top Go down

What Made you get into Bigfoot? - Page 2 Empty I think I was 9

Post  ***** Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:05 pm

I think I was around 9 years old when I began exploring a section at the Public Library, labeled Myths and Legends. I was surprised that it contained a substantial number of books, more so than many of the other sections I'd already explored. It was way up on the top floor of this old historic library, and the first book I pulled, was the thickest and largest in the section.

Sasquatch: The Apes Among Us, by John Greene. I flipped through the first few pages, and then through the illustrated pages, and was enamored. I read that book like it was on fire, never put it down, except to eat, sleep, and go to the bathroom. Laughing

That's how it got started for me. I had questions, like most of us, but had the pleasure, like Paul, of talking to several local citizens, some public servants, who's testimony is/was compelling to say the least. These are country people, that stake everything their name/reputation, and would not be prone to speculation or spreading rumor.

I've spent many days and nights on my own, searching for what I believe to be our closest relation created. I've been fortunate enough to have some experiences, and am willing to relate them here. I'm going to start some threads that will provide a venue for all we witnesses to describe our experiences in detail. Sensory witnesses, discoverer's of what could be evidence, and anyone else willing to post oddities that they attribute to bigfoot.

I'm very excited at the direction this forum is heading, and want to wish my very best welcome to all new members, and my respect to those that were here when I arrived.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tzieth Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:33 pm

For me, I was sort of born into it. When I was about three I lived with my grandmother as my mother was in her mid teens when she had me.

One day as my grandmother was tending to her garden and my grandfather was on the tractor mowing the lawn I decided to go into the woods for whatever reason when my grandmother was not looking. She caught me and after "tanning my hide" told me that Bigfoot lived there and would get me. Then told me her story. Later I heard my mothers story and then later my aunts.

When my mother was about 13, her and her friends would sneak out at night and meet in some cleared spot out in the middle of the woods.

As they were chit-chatting they heard what they thought was a raccoon, so they listened for a while then went back to talking. Then they heard what they thought was a woman screaming, so they stayed quiet and continued to listen. Then they heard really close what sounded like a rabbit dying but intensified and as they looked in the direction, it was standing about 10 feet from them and walking towards them from the other side of a wood-pile they were sitting next to.

At this point all of them ran except my mother who was too frightened to move, so her boyfriend ran back and grabbed her. As they ran through the woods they thought they could hear the leaves crunching behind them and that it was following them. They then saw lights and followed the lights that ended up being someones front porch light. They then beat on the door frantically as they thought the thing would be comming up on them at any moment.

When the occupants of the home answered the door, they all barged their way in and were all screaming over each other. Someone uttered the word "Bigfoot" to which my mothers boyfriend stomped on that guys foot and said "A pack of wolves is after us."

The owners of the house then allowed them each to use their phones to call their homes as none of them wanted to go back into the woods. When my grandmother arrived to pick up my mother she instantly started beating my mother for sneaking out of the house then when she told my mother that there were no wolves in Missouri my mother said "Bigfoot was chasing us." so my grandmother beat her again for lying and grounded her.

About a week later as my mother was still grounded for sneaking out of the house and lying about Bigfoot, My grand mother was washing the dishes at the kitchen sink after dinner. That is when she saw these two res lights out in her prized cornfield. (She used to enter into these gardening competitions.)

She thought it was my mothers friends with two red flashlights sitting on each others shoulders and waving their hands over the lenses to make them look like blinking eyes. She then told my mother to tell her little boyfriends to get off her property before she fills them full of lead.

My mother then went out side and approached "them" but as she got mid way between the cornfield and the house, she caught wind of it's smell and froze in place. As she looked up she then saw the silhouette and at that point sprinted back to the house and told my grandmother "It's Bigfoot" in which my grandmother backhanded my mother, grabbed her rifle and headed out the door to scare my mothers friends off.

She aimed above the right shoulder and fired about the same time that it occurred to her that this was one solid mass with a definite shape and not kids on each others shoulders. After she fired, it did not move. It just stood still and blinked rapidly.

My grandmother now completely freaked out, ran inside the house and bolted the doors and locked all the windows and then turned off all the lights in the house so that she could see it better. She stayed at her Kitchen sink window all night watching it until she passed out. When she woke up it was gone, but still dark out side (About 5am).

As soon as the sun came up, she went out to inspect her garden and found many of the cornstalks were ripped apart and there were 1/2 eaten corn cobs all over the ground and huge foot prints all over her garden. most of her corn stalks were destroyed, and her strawberries were all ripped out of the ground with not one berry to be found as if it here pulling up the plant, eating the berry and throwing them down.

She then called the Police who came and saw the tracks and simply said "Ain't that the damnedest thing?" and left. Later that Sunday as my grandmother attended church, everyone in her congregation was snickering and laughing at her including the Preacher. (The cop went to her church) so she kept quiet about it after that but saw the eyes three more times. Twice more in her garden and once on the hillside across the street from her house.

My Aunt (Fathers sister) lived a few towns over and had her encounter later in the 80's. In her case they were coming home late one night and as her headlights hit their front door, it ran across from their front porch.

Anyway, I grew up hearing those stories and later had a possible encounter of my own while I was stationed at Ft.Lewis, Washington. (But my own encounter is not near as interesting lol)

Tzieth
Tzieth

Back to top Go down

Post  Danny Squatchanini Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:49 pm

Ft. Lewis has had hundreds of sightings and it is common for the guys to run into them out doing drills.
Danny Squatchanini
Danny Squatchanini

Back to top Go down

Post  Tzieth Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:42 pm

Oh there were other Sasquatch related incidents but they weren't mine.

I guess the best one was when I had TOC-tent detail while out in the field. Basically I had to do a radio check every hour on the hour to make sure no one was asleep during their guard shifts. 50cal position, M-60 positions (front gate,back gate) LPOP etc.. Or to be at the helm if they radioed in a problem.

This particular night we were expecting the OPFOR (Opposition force/pretend badguys) to attack. The LPOP at that time had an E-6 (Staff Sgt) on shift. He radioed in "I've got movement, over" I then was about to ask the grid coordinates when he chimes back on the radio "Oh F*** oh Sh**!!!"

This promptly gets both the Platoon Sgt's and Platoon Leaders attention who were sleeping up till this point. My Platoon Sgt then pushed me aside and gets on the radio to tell (I'll say SSgt N as I don't want to give names) Ssgt-N that he is not using proper radio procedure. Ssgt then replys with "F*** That!! There is a God-damned Sasquatch running around this MotherF***er!" SFC-A (Platoon Sgt) then replies "Say again?, Over" in which Ssgt-N replies "Bigfoot!!! There is a God-damned Bigfoot standing right... I'm getting the F*** out of here!" in which SFC-A states "It is probably the OPFOR and warns to article-15 him if he leaves his post. SSgt-N then says "There ain't no 9ft tall OPFOR running around this MotherF***er, I am the F*** out of here!!!"

The LPOP (Listening Post/Observation Post) is always kept far from your basecamp parameter. It is meant to be an early warning of an attack. so it is the farthest post from the TOC tent which is the make-shift command center that is in the center of the Parameter... Ssgt-N made it to the tent in less than 2 minutes. This was a black guy and he stormed into the tent white as a ghost.

I don't think he ever did get in trouble
Tzieth
Tzieth

Back to top Go down

What Made you get into Bigfoot? - Page 2 Empty What made me get into Bigfoot?

Post  jpwooden Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:02 pm

Well just like everyone else the films and TV shows from the 70's definitely started the imagination going...

However after that point it really wasn't a thought on my mind until just several years ago. I believe that there is something out there. The diversity of people that are reporting sitings and the consistancy of the reports does tend to lend some credibility to the POSSIBILITY of such a creature. That's when I really got interested is when I realized truly how many people have reported sitings and over such a long period of time. Unfortunately for most skeptics there ability to explain away only scrapes the top layer and such theories as mass histeria or misidentification really just doesn't wash with me. Now that I've been in the field and found my own prints and heard with my own ears things that SHOULDN'T be there, I am hooked.

I don't pretend to know what this creature is, I just know that something we don't know or understand is out there waiting to be discovered.

jpwooden

Back to top Go down

Post  madison5716 Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:03 pm

OMG, I remember that "Six Million Dollar Man" episode! Maybe that's when it started for me, lol. As long as I can remember, I've been interested in the strange and unexplained.

However I have NEVER joined a bulletin board on Bigfoot until this past week! So, my real interested began two and a half weeks ago. It's been an incredible, freaky two weeks! I never thought I'd be saying this!

On August 19th, I picked my son up at camp in the Oregon forest. I arrived around 9:15 and ended up having to wait for him... so, it being a stunningly warm & clear night, I watched the stars and listened to the crickets chirp and owls hoot in the woods. I was parked at the far end of the parking lot, as far from the lights as I could get so I could use my binoculars on the stars. After a while, I noticed whistling out in the woods. On a whim, I answered - and it/they answered back. I think there were two actually. At first I thought it was a bird mimicking me and then realized after a while it was NOT - and it was right behind the boys cabins. Then I locked myself in my van and it whistled very insistently at me for another half dozen times. Scared the crud out of me, but also intrigued me, as I was NOT really "out in the woods". The city was actually close by. I got my son at 10:15pm finally and went home.

When I picked up my son on August 22nd, I again arrived at 9:15 and the whistling began immediately when I opened my van door. This time I brought my camera, better binoculars than the ones I let my son use and coffee. And remembered that my cell phone can record. So, I sat and whistled back and forth again - this time it was further out in the forest and a different whistle. Then, I tested my theory - birds can mimic whistles but they don't KNOCK. So I banged on my van door - and it answered, knocking out in the woods. Again, we knocked and whistled for a half hour - then something went THUD in the woods and I freaked out and locked my van door. After 15 minutes of calming down, I opened the van door (halfway) and continued knocking and whistling until my son finished up and we went home, again at 10:15.

On August 31 (Fri) I went to a nearby bridge across the river near where my son was at camp and tried scoping out the area, getting a mental image of where I'd heard this stuff in relation to where I could get to when camp ended. On my way back across the bridge, I SWEAR I saw something black duck out of sight by the irrigation ditch leading into the forest and some farms. I tried whistling but got way too freaked out and hightailed it back to my van. It was far too close - about 30 feet away but down hill and I was separated from the irrigation ditch by a ton of blackberries (ie no way down and hopefully no way up!).

Monday, Sept 3, I took my son and one of his friends to Cottage Grove Lake, hoping to see where the London Tracks were found. Found the general area, but there was no where to park and the boys were bored. Couldn't find parking on the west side of the lake, so we went to the east side to a campground. And in that campground I found what looked like a shelter/unfinished nest.

I am in shock and jumpy like I have PTSD! Maybe I'm jumping at shadows now, but I have this insatiable need to KNOW what it was I heard and saw. I'm going back out this weekend.

And, with this luck, I am BUYING A LOTTERY TICKET, lol!!!!

This is nuts Smile

Last edited by madison5716 on Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missing words, I was so excited)

madison5716

Back to top Go down

Post  CMcMillan Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:22 pm

Welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing your story.
CMcMillan
CMcMillan

Back to top Go down

Post  chiefmark Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:03 pm

Wow, some incredible stories here folks. I thought everyone would just be telling of a book they read, not actual encounters. Thanks very much for sharing them, I understand it must be hard to do so where sightings have stirred intense emotion. That itself could be another topic.

Well, mine's boring! There's very little out of the ordinary where I live, except Manx cats which have no tails. I had a great imagination as a child, yet I hated reading fiction. I much preferred basing my games and playtime on facts. I was a bit Aspergers about things at times. I'd read a full set of encyclopaedias by the age of 11 and low and behold, the story of the PGF was in a volume on the natural world. This took my breath away. Instantly I believed in it, but over the years I grew more cynical. About 12 years later and I'd lost my job so spent a lot of time at home, procrastinating on the web and being sentimental about my childhood. I remember the PGF story and discover a whole world of information online. After reading as much as I have about the subject, I'm a firm believer and I'm planning a trip in a couple of years to do some searching.
chiefmark
chiefmark

Back to top Go down

Post  CMcMillan Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:06 pm

Welcome Chiefmark...

Nice to have you on the forum
CMcMillan
CMcMillan

Back to top Go down

What Made you get into Bigfoot? - Page 2 Empty I've seen both:BF and UFOs

Post  Sweetsusiq Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:24 pm

Some@$$hole wrote:Saw a U.F.O..

Scratched that off the list of things that aren't supposed to exist but actually do and then moved on to the next one.

Sasquatch seemed the most interesting of the others.
Having seen both BF and UFOs,plus recently discovering that DM/Wolfman exists, I have decided never to leave home again, ever.
Sweetsusiq
Sweetsusiq

Back to top Go down

What Made you get into Bigfoot? - Page 2 Empty What made me get into Bigfoot

Post  MylesLI Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:10 pm

a book that I read many many years ago about the Yeti and Sir Edmund Hillary on Everest

MylesLI

Back to top Go down

Post  Buk Was Here Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:42 pm

Watching" In Search Of" in the 70's, first seeing the PG film on the show, i did lots of book reports as a kid on BF,UFO's, Loch Ness. i saw Sasquatch the Legend of Bigfoot in our local theatre in the late 70's as a kid i was totally hooked, and still am... tongue
Buk Was Here
Buk Was Here

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2