Bigfoot Evidence
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bigfoot News
Bigfoot Evidence
Bigfoot Evidence
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Pancake video; Why make such a bizarre hoax bigfoot?

+4
CMcMillan
indigobebe18
SasquaiNation
Tim, U.K.
8 posters

Go down

Pancake video; Why make such a bizarre hoax bigfoot? Empty Pancake video; Why make such a bizarre hoax bigfoot?

Post  Tim, U.K. Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:32 am

Hello everyone. Any thoughts on the controversial pancake video? Particularly, why would a hoaxer hoax a strangely huge-headed 'bigfoot' that looks nothing like the popular image? Thanks.

Tim, U.K.

Back to top Go down

Pancake video; Why make such a bizarre hoax bigfoot? Empty Re: Pancake video; Why make such a bizarre hoax bigfoot?

Post  SasquaiNation Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:35 am

Tim, U.K. wrote:Hello everyone. Any thoughts on the controversial pancake video? Particularly, why would a hoaxer hoax a strangely huge-headed 'bigfoot' that looks nothing like the popular image? Thanks.

Hi Tim, do you any screen grabs from this video? I saw it once quite awhile ago but I didn't save any pictures.

SasquaiNation

Back to top Go down

Pancake video; Why make such a bizarre hoax bigfoot? Empty Pancake...

Post  Tim, U.K. Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:41 am

Hi Sasquai, Robert Lindsey posted a few tiny blurry grabs on his site a month or so ago.( I haven't seen the actual footage.) Cheers.

Tim, U.K.

Back to top Go down

Pancake video; Why make such a bizarre hoax bigfoot? Empty Re: Pancake video; Why make such a bizarre hoax bigfoot?

Post  SasquaiNation Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:00 am

Tim, U.K. wrote:Hi Sasquai, Robert Lindsey posted a few tiny blurry grabs on his site a month or so ago.( I haven't seen the actual footage.) Cheers.

I found the pictures. These are from Robert Linday's blog.

Pancake video; Why make such a bizarre hoax bigfoot? Pancak10

Pancake video; Why make such a bizarre hoax bigfoot? Pancak12

SasquaiNation

Back to top Go down

Post  indigobebe18 Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:47 am

Does anyone have the video? Rumors say that Adrian Erickson purchased the rights to it and it's been removed from the internet, blah blah blah. I've never seen it and I think it would be interesting to see some enhancements and stabilizations, etc, on it.

indigobebe18

Back to top Go down

Post  SasquaiNation Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:22 pm

indigobebe18 wrote:Does anyone have the video? Rumors say that Adrian Erickson purchased the rights to it and it's been removed from the internet, blah blah blah. I've never seen it and I think it would be interesting to see some enhancements and stabilizations, etc, on it.

I've searched for the video and can't find it anywhere.

SasquaiNation

Back to top Go down

Post  CMcMillan Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:22 pm

I missed this one,
I would love to see the whole video....

CMcMillan
CMcMillan

Back to top Go down

Post  BurdenOfProof Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:53 pm

incredibly ridiculous

why hide the video from everyone? because you know it looks so ridiculous it would get called out instantly

smoke and mirrors the ketchup debacle, blurry stick structure photos, picnics with a family of 5

yet to see any science.
BurdenOfProof
BurdenOfProof

Back to top Go down

Post  StankApe Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:09 pm

I've seen it, it's hilariously awful. The quality is so low that you can make it anything you want. It looked a lot like a woman in green sweater and a turban on walking towards a table.
StankApe
StankApe

Back to top Go down

Post  Woodwose Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:28 pm

I agree.

I managed to track it down a few weeks ago and the quality is so poor (M K Davis poor) that it's pretty much useless as evidence.

The head movement of the smaller figure reminds me of the obvious 'bobble head' alien videos that did the rounds in the 90s, where fx experts have confirmed that motion to be a known problem of filming people wearing full-head masks.
Woodwose
Woodwose

Back to top Go down

Post  BurdenOfProof Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:33 pm

someone post the video please, this stuff needs calling out
BurdenOfProof
BurdenOfProof

Back to top Go down

Post  SasquaiNation Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:44 pm

Burden, I have searched high and low for this video and can't find it. Maybe someone has it saved from YouTube, who knows.
All I could find were the stills from Robert Lindsay's blog.
I would like to watch this video as well because these grabs make the subject difficult to discuss.

SasquaiNation

Back to top Go down

Post  anon Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:21 pm

That is one of the crappest vids I've ever seen. The supposed baby bigfoot looks like a retarded alien that was kicked off the spaceship for having a big fat head. The woman standing to the side looks more like a squatch than the baby.

anon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony123 Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:34 pm

The true story behind this video is probably very interesting; apparently a husband and wife hoaxing team got the attention of some BFRO members who were given a viewing of some other hoaxed footage. It is possible that footage was the one Munns gave the thumbs down to. The story can be found here; dapht.blogspot.com/p/kentucky-bigfoot-habituation.html. The pancake footage was obtained after the events described in that article, if I remember correctly, during a second or follow-up BFRO investigation. As you know, it once made the rounds and was pulled after Erickson purchased it; from whom I dont know.
My take is that Erickson began his documentary with the intention of showing us clear, original videos of bigfoots akin to the quality seen on any nature show,i.e proof of bigfoot, and the BFRO pointed him toward the Kentucky site as an area where such footage may be shot. Obviously, this did not happen so the Erickson team settled on this pancake vid and the first hoaxed video.

Tony123

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony123 Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:53 pm

I believe that filming of the Erickson doc began with the assumption footage of bigfoots would be captured within a reasonable timeframe, and that the events leading up to the capture would be the "filler". If you think they exist, then it is not unreasonable to think you will capture one on film if you have the resources: location, time and money.

Tony123

Back to top Go down

Pancake video; Why make such a bizarre hoax bigfoot? Empty re; pancake.

Post  Tim, U.K. Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:18 pm

Thanks everyone for your posts. I was of the mind that there really must be something to this video, because I just couldn't believe hoaxers would attempt to fool people with such a bizarre looking BF ( if you get my logic ). Ha, seems it semi worked on me... Cheers.

Tim, U.K.

Back to top Go down

Post  StankApe Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:42 pm

When I first saw this video on the BFF, I thought the squatch was on the picnic table and there was a lady dropping off a plate of pancakes.

When I was told I had it backwards I couldn't believe that anyone had thought this was anything other than fake.

unless there is a hell of a lot better quality version of this out there, it's pretty much worthless. (seriously do you see the green sweater/jacket or is just me?)
StankApe
StankApe

Back to top Go down

Pancake video; Why make such a bizarre hoax bigfoot? Empty Pancake video; Why make such a bizarre hoax bigfoot?

Post  Tim, U.K. Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:00 pm

I agree Skankape. like you I initially thought the BF was standing on the table. And yes, I can certainly see a sleeve-like separation from the hand. An obvious hoax... but my question is why is it such a bad attempt? Did these people seriously expect others to take this as a real BF? Think I might a new thread on Bigfoots wearing 'clothing'... cheers.

Tim, U.K.

Back to top Go down

Post  BurdenOfProof Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:43 pm

I've looked at this and have no idea which figure is suposed to be a bigfoot and frankly I'm passed caring.
BurdenOfProof
BurdenOfProof

Back to top Go down

Post  Kel Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:43 pm

Perfect title for this thread. As I understand the Kentucky story, it's a topper example of YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP in the world of Bigfoot...

Farm couple is busted hoaxing videos in their backyard. Farm couple then claims they'll be honest, so Erickson buys some new footage, as well as nearby property (or did he buy theirs?). He supposedly planted a biologist on-site to observe and document mysterious happenings. The farm couple advises them these particular Bigfoot crave pancakes...

Dennis Pfohl from Colorado is hired by Erickson to seek DNA evidence. Our heroic father of four spends at least six months/year in the field. "He's missed birthdays, many Christmases, his son's graduation." Father of the Year, IMO. He baits traps with a full array of Hostess products and McDonald's pancakes... into which he allegedly embedded shards of glass to improve his chances of securing a blood sample. And if that weren't enough, supposedly Todd Standing was brought in as a make-up technical adviser. Suspect

Nope, YCMTSU.

Last edited by Kel on Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kel
Kel

Back to top Go down

Post  StankApe Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:37 am

Kel

You serious Clark? Are all the things you listed above true? if so, wow...... affraid
StankApe
StankApe

Back to top Go down

Post  Kel Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:45 am

Yeah. Like I said, ycmtsu! And I forgot to mention the part where Tom Biscardi got wind of this, so he and his son drove hell bent for leather from Vegas to Kentucky to get in on the action. After being roundly stonewalled by the locals and ordered off properties, they poured through county real estate transfers to pinpoint Erickson's new farm.

Here's Shawn's post about Dennis Pfohl:
http://bigfootevidence.blogspot.com/2012/03/man-who-fed-mcdonalds-pancakes-to.html
Kel
Kel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down