Bigfoot Evidence
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bigfoot News
Bigfoot Evidence
Bigfoot Evidence
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Robert Lindsey UPDATES

+7
Got Yeti Yet?
Beer-Man
Kel
StankApe
SasquaiNation
BurdenOfProof
CMcMillan
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Robert Lindsey UPDATES  - Page 2 Empty Re: Robert Lindsey UPDATES

Post  BurdenOfProof Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:06 pm

come on I never said patterson was a drunk!
BurdenOfProof
BurdenOfProof

Back to top Go down

Post  callmeIshmael Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:07 pm

Because you aren't arguing. Argumentation must follow the form of logic. If your argument is "you are wrong because you are wrong" then you have used a logical fallacy and are failing at argumentation. If you have evidence, present it, otherwise just stop. There is nothing wrong with being skeptical. I am very skeptical and probably annoy believers with my analysis and overt skepticism, but at the end of the day I am still a "believer" and do not insult people based upon their beliefs. Trolling activity is strictly prohibited on this forum, as it is the only rule. So while you may troll in a less aggressive form I have yet to read a post that is relevant the the topic at hand from you.
callmeIshmael
callmeIshmael

Back to top Go down

Post  StankApe Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:08 pm

GT3Paul wrote:.
Notice Stank has dropped the insults and is using data, contributive comments or actually giving something to the thread.

that hasn't stopped "you know who" from relentlessly trying to get me banned from the board.... you know, the "believer" who seems to say nothing but what terrible people skeptics are....

Last edited by StankApe on Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
StankApe
StankApe

Back to top Go down

Post  BurdenOfProof Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:10 pm

callmeIshmael wrote:Because you aren't arguing. Argumentation must follow the form of logic. If your argument is "you are wrong because you are wrong" then you have used a logical fallacy and are failing at argumentation. If you have evidence, present it, otherwise just stop. There is nothing wrong with being skeptical. I am very skeptical and probably annoy believers with my analysis and overt skepticism, but at the end of the day I am still a "believer" and do not insult people based upon their beliefs. Trolling activity is strictly prohibited on this forum, as it is the only rule. So while you may troll in a less aggressive form I have yet to read a post that is relevant the the topic at hand from you.

you are wrong because you are wrong is a perfectly valid argument when the other person is wrong.
BurdenOfProof
BurdenOfProof

Back to top Go down

Post  callmeIshmael Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:20 pm

Look I can't make you take entry level college classes, but if you were to educate youself you would find that your statement is incorrect. If you knew what logical fallacies were, you would know that I am right. A logical fallacy is an error of reasoning. When someone adopts a position or tries to persuade some else to adopt a position, based on a bad piece of reasoning, they commit a fallacy. The specific fallacy reference is called a Ad Hominem fallacy. Look it up.
callmeIshmael
callmeIshmael

Back to top Go down

Post  BurdenOfProof Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:20 pm

callmeIshmael wrote:Look I can't make you take entry level college classes, but if you were to educate youself you would find that your statement is incorrect. If you knew what logical fallacies were, you would know that I am right. A logical fallacy is an error of reasoning. When someone adopts a position or tries to persuade some else to adopt a position, based on a bad piece of reasoning, they commit a fallacy. The specific fallacy reference is called a Ad Hominem fallacy. Look it up.

"When someone adopts a position of tries to persuade some else to adopt a position, based on a bad piece of reasoning"

You mean like when someone adopts the position that there is an undiscovered primate in north america?

That kind of bad reasoning?
BurdenOfProof
BurdenOfProof

Back to top Go down

Post  CMcMillan Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:27 pm

We are not trying to convince any of you that big foot is real.
We are here discussing all the Stories behind him even what may be seen as the outlandish ones.
Its a discussion between people who are intrested in the creature some know as Bigfoot.
CMcMillan
CMcMillan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2