Bigfoot Evidence
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bigfoot News
Bigfoot Evidence
Bigfoot Evidence
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

DNA.....will it be the page turner?

+3
BurdenOfProof
StankApe
7 posters

Go down

DNA.....will it be the page turner? Empty DNA.....will it be the page turner?

Post  ***** Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:22 pm

Will DNA analysis that is ongoing with various researchers be the page turner for the debate on whether existence is a near certainty?

Many of my more Scientific friends tell me type specimen is the only sure-fire way to prove the existence of Sasquatch.

My question is..... with the footprint evidence now supported by multiple scientists, ( Meldrum,Chilcutt Sarmiento) -----various videos that have survived debunking and holding interest---- P/G, Freeman, Marble Mountain------ eye witness reports dating back centuries(some by trained observers, military, police, town sheriffs, etc.),----- historical records referencing BF type creatures, photographs--------studies indicating such an animal could survive here-----and finally recent discoveries of other hominids existing in recent times(floriensis, denosivan, neanderthal) -----

Are we reaching a point where DNA from an unknown primate pushes this teetering stack of evidence over on the heads of the Scientific establishment, that seems so reluctant to investigate this subject?

All thoughts and opinions are appreciated!

Back to top Go down

DNA.....will it be the page turner? Empty Re: DNA.....will it be the page turner?

Post  StankApe Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:18 pm

If Sykes finds something, it will probably mean that some univ scientist could get funding to do more research.(which is pretty much the best you could hope for).

All the good intentions and enthusiasm in the world can't make up for research dollars!!!
StankApe
StankApe

Back to top Go down

DNA.....will it be the page turner? Empty Re: DNA.....will it be the page turner?

Post  BurdenOfProof Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:02 pm

"various videos that have survived debunking and holding interest---- P/G, Freeman, Marble Mountain"

That is your opinion of course.

My opinion is they have all been debunked
BurdenOfProof
BurdenOfProof

Back to top Go down

Post  SasquaiNation Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:53 pm

I think solid findings that show DNA to be of an unknown primate could get the ball rolling on further studies. IF Dr. Ketchum produces anything at all, I don't know if the community, or scientists would be that favourable towards her. Her own antics have shed a negative light on her studies, but that's my opinion.
Now, if Dr. Sykes has equal or better results, then this could very well open the door to further research. Like Stank mentioned, research dollars can cover a lot of ground.

SasquaiNation

Back to top Go down

Post  Tzieth Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:37 pm

I am not too sure as to what are truly "Melba's antics." or RL's crap. She seems to be throwing up smoke-screens.

As for both DNA studies... The only things I can find are from other Bigfoot sites which would not impress skeptics. And of that stuff, most are getting their Ketchum info from Robert Lindsay.

But as for Sykes, the most I could find is that he seems to be taking a different approach than Ketchum. It seems that he intends to match what he finds to DNA we have on the Fossil record but at the same time is stating that he does not expect to come out with any groundbreaking evidence???? (WTF?? then why bother?) But if it does turn out as an exact match or matches to Neanderthal,Denosivan, Heidelbergensis,etc.. There is your Type specimen right there.

"It would be wonderful if one or more turned out to be species we don't know about, maybe primates, maybe even collateral hominids," Sykes told LiveScience. Such hominids would include Neanderthals or Denosivans, a mysterious hominin species that lived in Siberia 40,000 years ago.

"That would be the optimal outcome," Sykes said. (http://news.discovery.com/animals/big-foot-genetic-testing-120522.html) May 22,2012

And this is the most recent which pretty much says the same thing.

(http://global.christianpost.com/news/bigfoot-dna-research-project-launched-by-oxford-university-75437/)

Seems I read that first link from yesterday wrong. I thought they were ready for Peer Review but they are still taking samples until sometime next month (September). So Ketchum might have her paper out first if it is truely due in October.

Tzieth
Tzieth

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Lee Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:23 pm

It will just create more debate. Need a body unfortunately. Or someone needs to chase the thing down & not turn the camera off at 23sec.

Mr.Lee

Back to top Go down

Post  Earthquake Panda Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:43 pm

I am with SWP, Body in a box that "we" can poke with sticks. Nothing else will do. Without a actual type specimen even several samples run by Ketchum the cat Dr. that test + for unknown homo/species will likely be written off by most as contaminated samples due to improper collection, handling and storage procedures. Body in a box please.
I carry big bore when I am out there, hope you guys do to.

EP
Earthquake Panda
Earthquake Panda

Back to top Go down

Post  SasquaiNation Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:16 pm

Earthquake Panda wrote:I am with SWP, Body in a box that "we" can poke with sticks. Nothing else will do. Without a actual type specimen even several samples run by Ketchum the cat Dr. that test + for unknown homo/species will likely be written off by most as contaminated samples due to improper collection, handling and storage procedures. Body in a box please.
I carry big bore when I am out there, hope you guys do to.

EP

If the consensus is "body in a box", then I hope they never become officially recognized. I mean that with every bit if truth in me.
I do hope to see one, or even record one on HD video, but I will never shoot one. Since I live in Canada I can't carry for protection anyway. I do have a nice .357 Magnum in the safe though.
If I get torn to shreds, someone will find my camera then post the video to YouTube where it will be promptly dismissed as a hoax. Wink

SasquaiNation

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Lee Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:36 pm

If you could carry would you shoot one to protect yourself?

Mr.Lee

Back to top Go down

Post  SasquaiNation Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:48 pm

Mr.Lee wrote:If you could carry would you shoot one to protect yourself?

If my life was in danger, yes I would shoot to kill. I would also shoot a person under the same circumstances.

I wouldn't shoot anything just for the hell of it though, or to prove the existence of any creature.

SasquaiNation

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Lee Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:05 pm

It's awful that a government can tell us when we can't protect ourselves. If there is ever a time someone should carry it would be in the woods.

Last edited by Mr.Lee on Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:46 am; edited 1 time in total

Mr.Lee

Back to top Go down

Post  SasquaiNation Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:22 pm

I agree with you there Mr. Lee. There isn't much I can do in the woods, but at home I have a range of weapons for protection, and none of them make a sound.

SasquaiNation

Back to top Go down

DNA.....will it be the page turner? Empty dont get me wrong...

Post  Earthquake Panda Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:17 pm

I honestly have never hunted and killed anything larger than a blue jay or a crow. I doubt I would even be able to raise a firearm in the direction of a Sasquatch unless it was a me or you scenario.

Just saying without a type specimen even a pile of dna from various labs and various studies imo will not give the vast majority of people the undeniable, unequivocal proof they need to say ok they exist. On the other hand if the E.P. docu comes out and they have the crystal clear hd money shot we all long for with dna from filmed creature(s) included in one or more of the studies you might sway a larger percentage of the general population.

I would personaly rather see Ro and the boys wrap up the investigation and let us see if Justin can pull a rabbit out of a hat. And by rabbit I mean a chunk of meat, some bloody boots, a bunch of paperwork from a couple labs 1% of us will understand and maybe a cell phone pic of "one ugly kid" if we are lucky.

If the Cat Dr paper dropped tomorrow, just lab results for 100 samples that were the same or similar of a unknown animal, for me if I did not know what I know it would not be enough.

Earthquake Panda
Earthquake Panda

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Lee Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:45 am

SasquaiNation wrote:I agree with you there Mr. Lee. There isn't much I can do in the woods, but at home I have a range of weapons for protection, and none of them make a sound.

Silent but deadly. Twisted Evil

Mr.Lee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down