Bigfoot Evidence
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bigfoot News
Bigfoot Evidence
Bigfoot Evidence
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

What Made you get into Bigfoot?

+24
madison5716
jpwooden
Tzieth
Green911
sbizkit38
jan1033
MamaBear
indigobebe18
Blondie1
oldtimer
CMcMillan
StankApe
GT3Paul
Greevus
BurdenOfProof
olinselot
LKB3rd
casquatch
Nosey
I AM THE BLOBSQUATCH
Some@$$hole
SasquaiNation
Danny Squatchanini
28 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What Made you get into Bigfoot? Empty What Made you get into Bigfoot?

Post  Danny Squatchanini Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:20 pm

What was the reason for you to be fascinated with this creature? What was the one thing that made you do research on this alledged monster?
For me, it was going to the movies when I was 4 years old and watching "The Legend of Boggy Creek" and being into monsters already, my Mom told me that it was possible that this monster could be real. Of course, I had many sleepless nights after seeing that movie as a a kid and having to sleep with my parents because of that drove them crazy!
Even up to this day I cannot sleep in total darkness. I need to sleep with the TV on or have some sort of light on. Since I'm not married, it makes out ok but whenever I was with a girl and we would sleep in the same bed, I could not sleep in total darkness and it drove them crazy and they could never figure out why. I don't think I ever told a girl it was because I had nightmares as a kid from all the monster movies I watched and plus my all time scary movie, "Don't be Afraid of the Dark" was about little demon creatures walking around in the dark looking to get your soul. It did not help that I also had a black cat, Midnite, that would walk around at night and scare me when she would come into my room and me thinking it was some little monster! Well, she was my little monster who was coming to cuddle up with me under the covers and purr me to sleep! cat
Every time there is a Bigfoot documentary on TV and my Mom would run across it, she would call me up and say, "Bigfoot is on (insert channel here). Hurry up and put it on!" Now I pass on the nightmares to my 14 yr-old nephew with showing him BF videos and telling him how Peremalfait is gonna get you and squeeze the life out of you if you don't behave. From that he cannot shower alone-the door has to be left open and he can't go into a dark room without Mommy turning on the lights for him! I'm glad I passed that onto my own blood!
Danny Squatchanini
Danny Squatchanini

Back to top Go down

What Made you get into Bigfoot? Empty All Those 70's Movies and T.V.

Post  SasquaiNation Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:01 pm

When I was young I used to watch all the T.V. shows relating to Bigfoot and I was a huge fan of ' In Search Of..'. If any Bigfoot movie was in the theater, I went to watch it.
There was one particular program I remember watching but I can't recall the title. Basically it was Bigfoot smashing in windows and trying to grab people. That one freaked me out a lot, lol.
I do remember another program, and it was this one that got me thinking that perhaps Bigfoot was smart and not so monster like.
This one particular segment had an interview with a guy who was a miner or logger, or some other outdoor job. He was telling the interviewer that as he drove on the dirt road at night back to his trailer, he came upon a family of Bigfoot crossing the road. The guy said he stopped his truck and turned his headlights off. The Bigfoot family continued on their way and the guy drove to his trailer. When he woke up and went outside, he found large pieces of bark leaning against his trailer. The man considered it a thank you from the Bigfoot.
This was a site trailer in the bush and not a mobile home,just to clarify that. His account always fascinated me when I was young and I still think about it today.

SasquaiNation

Back to top Go down

What Made you get into Bigfoot? Empty Re: What Made you get into Bigfoot?

Post  Some@$$hole Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:15 pm

Saw a U.F.O..

Scratched that off the list of things that aren't supposed to exist but actually do and then moved on to the next one.

Sasquatch seemed the most interesting of the others.
Some@$$hole
Some@$$hole

Back to top Go down

Post  Danny Squatchanini Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:19 pm

The one with Bigfoot breaking the window and trying to grab the girl was The Legend of Boggy Creek. BF also came onto the porch and grabbed the guy as well. I don't know if this scene was from the movie or not, but BF was attacking the house and the guy went to open the door and he was standing eye-to-eye with BF and it scared the crapola out of me. Plenty of nightmares for a 5 yr-old fer sure.
Danny Squatchanini
Danny Squatchanini

Back to top Go down

Post  SasquaiNation Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:25 pm

Thanks, I had no idea. You are correct, that's the movie I saw.

SasquaiNation

Back to top Go down

Post  Danny Squatchanini Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:30 pm

Legend of Boggy Creek This is the scene in Boggy Creek where the guy is taking a huge dump (I assume a huge dump because why would you be taking a small one when BF is attacking you house) and BF sticks his hand through the screen!

Boggy Creek-hand through window. Cookie Monster hand

Here's the one with BF sticking his hand through window. Reminds me of Cookie Monster the fur at least. Say, you ever notice that the Cookie Monster never swallows his cookies?
Danny Squatchanini
Danny Squatchanini

Back to top Go down

Post  I AM THE BLOBSQUATCH Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:47 pm

GREAT QUESTION, DAN! FOR ME IT WAS A COMBO OF IN SEARCH OF, THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN EPISODE WHERE HE FIGHTS BIGFOOT(AKA ANDRE THE GIANT) AND DANIEL COHEN'S KIDS BOOKS ON MONSTERS AND THE PARANORMAL. I WAS A TRUE CHILD OF THE 70'S!! LOL.

I AM THE BLOBSQUATCH

Back to top Go down

Post  Nosey Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:04 pm

That would be the PG film wayyyy back in 67. Damn I'm old :^(

Nosey

Back to top Go down

Post  Danny Squatchanini Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:35 am

How many of us had the Bigfoot from the 6 million dollar man? How many of us lost the pieces to it? rabbit Razz

I have this Bigfoot book called Bigfoot-I Not Dead. It's one of about 3 comic-like books made by a Graham Roumieu. It's a great quick read and absolutely funny! It's written by BF and it's kinda like an autobiography of himself. He goes on to say Chewbacca is a rip-off of himself. One quote from the book, "Used to be that Bigfoot hate being chased around by angry villagers, worst when they show up on Sunday morning when I be out partying night before."

Amazon link to BF books
Danny Squatchanini
Danny Squatchanini

Back to top Go down

Post  I AM THE BLOBSQUATCH Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:44 am

Does the series include "ME WRITE BOOK"?

I AM THE BLOBSQUATCH

Back to top Go down

What Made you get into Bigfoot? Empty Seeing the Patterson Film for the first time

Post  casquatch Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:14 pm

I remember the first time my Dad, took my brothers and I to the movies and we saw the Patterson / Grimlin film for the very first time. Ever since that show pop, showed us the woods and did some bf research in the mid 70's and I have been hooked ever since...

casquatch

Back to top Go down

Post  LKB3rd Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:53 pm

My co-worker told me about how he saw one, and I tend to believe him.

LKB3rd

Back to top Go down

Post  Danny Squatchanini Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:49 pm

Me Write Book is in the link! Picture the Cookie Monster's voice reading the book to you. That is how I pictured BigFoot tawks!
Danny Squatchanini
Danny Squatchanini

Back to top Go down

What Made you get into Bigfoot? Empty Re: What got you into Bigfoot?

Post  olinselot Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:08 pm

When I was a kid and my family would go on Sunday drives through the mountains my Mom had a trick to keep my brother and I from being noisy. She would tell us that she heard about a Bigfoot sighting in the area and to watch out our windows and be quiet so we might see one. My imagination was always very active and it basically put a deep interest in the topic in my mind. The older I got the more stories I heard. My experience as a social worker gives me an open mind and a nonjudgmental point of view - so a lot of people feel safe telling me their encounters. I've heard a few stories from people that I really trust that I believe to be true. I have never seen one. My wife has heard one whooping across a lake. I hope to see one with my own eyes some day.
olinselot
olinselot

Back to top Go down

Post  BurdenOfProof Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:42 pm

I watched finding bigfoot and saw matt moneymaker talking about bigfoot like it was actually real. At first I thought it was a comedy but it turns out people actually believe in it. Simply incredible considering the age we live in. People truly believe and that fascinates me and now I am hooked on this psychological phenomenon.
BurdenOfProof
BurdenOfProof

Back to top Go down

Post  Greevus Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:51 am

Bought "bookmobile" books about it in first grade in '73. Saw "Legend of Boggy Creek". A friend of mine in Cub Scouts was the manager of a Buffalo Ranch in NC growing up, and he told us of hunting some sort of big game elk in the Rockies in Colorado and seeing a dark figure at the bottom of a hill drinking from a lake. His horse didn't like it at all, but he forced the horse to go down and check it out. He said he actually approached within maybe 50 feet and it jumped up from all fours drinking water and immediately the horse freaked out. He said he had a shotgun and was just frozen in fear. He estimated it 9 feet tall. After the horse freaked it took off as the Squatch darted the opposite direction.

My cousin also called one night and said Bigfoot had been sighted in my county on the police scanner near my house. I freaking loved it and stayed up all night with my Mom and a gun!!

Greevus

Back to top Go down

Post  GT3Paul Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:08 pm

When I retired from Naval service a couple of years ago, I started my own company making different kinds of low cost systems for Special forces. I had a lot of research to do, so remembering the PGF film from when I was a kid, I started reading.
I live on the edge of the Sierras, and the evidence started piling up. Then I started meeting people who have SEEN the creature but have never talked about it. Especially people who live up in the Sierras. I live 10 miles from the foothills and they go straight up. I used to train by leaving my house and climbing up to 7,000 feet and riding home again on my bicycle. Thats how close I live. There are LOTS of people who go up to the mountains or live there that have seen BF and just dont talk about it because of the behavior of skeptics. Behavior you all have seen here.
As I got into it, I started working with more and more people who are not just nutcases that skeptics might think occupy most of the subject. People like Air Force Scientists from Edwards Air Force base that live up in Tehachapi, scientists from here that live up in the Kernville area and scientist who have places in areas like Mammoth Lakes like me. When THEY started talking about it I dropped the idea that this was some Enquirer story and started reading more and more. That brought me into contact with people like NASA guys who have seen BF on long range cameras at Edwards AFB. Then I started asking around here (Naval Air Warfare Center). People who work on the far northern ranges where nothing but wildlife live(China Lake goes from the Eastern Sierras 40 miles into the White mountain range to the east ecompassing peaks like Parrot peak that hit 8,000 feet and higher. I saw a IR tape of a night test where a missile was inbound to the north range into some seavans that were the targets. The thing came in a blew up the seavans (arranged in a town like fasion) and a bipedal thing ran out from an adjacent seavan and ran off into a ravine. It was either a REALLY stupid person or something we cant explain. Thats never happened EVERY in ANY test I have ever seen ESPECIALLY at NIGHT!!
And it wasnt a 5-6' crazy man either, it was EXTREMELY tall!.
The other issue is I did alot of target recognition digital signal processing in my day and I never used that skill until just recently when people started showing me some REALLY good data in videos taken in areas that are pretty darn close to civilization. I have got to the point where I can see things in videos I never recognized before. I just used the skills I had in video target recognition into looking for things more organic than building edges and vehicle signatures. Now we are looking at airborne FLIR data. And some of it is from REALLY good people like Freeman Young and others. I just systemized Freemans FLIR for easy filming in the field with much easier portability and recording.
Its to the point now where its not IF Bigfoot exists its HOW MANY DIFFERENT SPECIES? The technology is JUST now getting into the hands of people who are using it for finding Bigfoot instead of looking for target signatures. Todays Trail cams are a joke. These creatures are dedicated to staying COMPLETELY undetected by another species that kills for sport and isnt necessarily the smartest species on the planet. Hanging a box on a tree that makes noises and has a IR beam shooting out of it isnt the best way to catch these guys. I think they can see IR beams coming out of these lunch Box Cams for triggers. So we are making some real "cammoed" Cams that hopefully are MUCH MORE undetectable that what you get at Cabellas.
What really got me into it are the amazing number amount of smart people I have met who have seen the creature, not those trying to make a buck off the interest. There are folks out there that dont publicize what they are doing or HOW they are doing it, but are just extremely intelligent. Most Scientists are not so arrogant that they say that every species on the plante have been discovered. Some have speculated that less than 1/3 of species of animals on the planet have been discovered. We only have to look at the recent (in historical terms) discoveries of Gorillas Panda bears and most recently the giant chimp and the snub nosed monkey.
There are those here on this forum that think the internet is the most amazing thing ever invented and if we can do that then we MUST know everything that is to be known in the universe. (Is Algore on this forum?) But to be interested in this subject only takes an open and questioning mind. A simple understanding that Man doenst know everything and that there are other species on this earth that dont what us to know they are there. Not to mention that governments and special interest fight EVERYDAY AGAINST the discovery of any new important species that might harm the economy, stop the timber industry, or cripple oil research.
There is much to be learned about this world and I am not so arrogant to think that I know everything and that there aren't things out there that I dont understand.
That and the nice people that are in this area of study.
GT3Paul
GT3Paul
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  StankApe Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:26 am

g

Last edited by StankApe on Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
StankApe
StankApe

Back to top Go down

Post  CMcMillan Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:58 am

When I was younger I recalled playing a game like hide n' seek it involved my whole neighbor hood. We divided up into teams those seeking those hiding. we would use the whole street and we had designated markers on either side of the woods and swamp area.
I was running along the farther marker on one side it was basically an old stone wall past the swamp area and up into the wooded hills.
I recall crossing the stone wall cause it was flatter to walk along. When I saw "something" I recall it being BIG and Hairy/Furry standing upright. Like i said in another post it reminds me of the pictures that were taken that is being discussed now. It wasn't a bear i know that. But i remember seeing this thing and then leaping over the stonewall and running back down through the swamp area to the main street near my home. I then got myself caught and told everyone what i saw. We then all went and hiked up to where I saw it and of course nothing was around.
I have always been interested in UFO, Cryptic's and other such unexplained ideas. I have experienced things that I just can't explain.
I am really interested in the DNA findings and if they will actually come out soon.
CMcMillan
CMcMillan

Back to top Go down

Post  oldtimer Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:21 pm

i was born shortly after ww 2 and i was there at the birth o rock and roll and the bigfoot craze. i read first hand about hillary finding yeti track in tibet. my dad read the mens adventure mags and i would read over and over the stories of sanderson and others. it seems back then most all sightings were in the pacific nw. now big foot seems to be every where.

oldtimer

Back to top Go down

What Made you get into Bigfoot? Empty Me too and Welcome

Post  Blondie1 Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:12 pm

oldtimer wrote:i was born shortly after ww 2 and i was there at the birth o rock and roll and the bigfoot craze. i read first hand about hillary finding yeti track in tibet. my dad read the mens adventure mags and i would read over and over the stories of sanderson and others. it seems back then most all sightings were in the pacific nw. now big foot seems to be every where.

Me too, I was born the same time and shared the same...Welcome oldtimer. Glad you're here.
Blondie1
Blondie1

Back to top Go down

Post  oldtimer Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:26 pm

thanks for the warm welcome. its good to be here. hope i have some good ideas to contrbute.

oldtimer

Back to top Go down

Post  indigobebe18 Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:40 am

I was always that kid that watched those CGI dinosaur documentaries on Discovery Channel instead of the Disney classics. Non mainstream science stuff like this has just always fascinated me.

The weird thing is, I am absolutely terrified of apes and monkeys. I like lemurs and stuff but chimps and gorillas freak me out. I have conniptions every time I go to the zoo. Yet somehow I'm obsessed with bigfoot. Go figure.

indigobebe18

Back to top Go down

What Made you get into Bigfoot? Empty What made you get into Bigfoot

Post  MamaBear Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:03 am

Perusing library shelves in my Junior High school in California in the late 60s I found Ivan Sanderson's book. I did a big book report on it. I saw a newspaper report about an encounter at Walnut Creek, California, and I saw the Patterson film. I was pretty much convinced, and even more so ever since.
My grown daughter who now lives in Pennsylvania has had two Bigfoot encounters, one a sighting and the other rock-throwing intimidation behavior.
Since I moved to Idaho I have met a retired Forest Service employee who has had a Bigfoot experience.
I have not had the experience myself, but sure would love to!
What continues to intrigue me is to learn where fit them into the family of hominim or simian, and to learn more about these fascinating beings.

MamaBear

Back to top Go down

Post  CMcMillan Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:19 am

Waves to MamaBear...
Welcome
CMcMillan
CMcMillan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next