Bigfoot Evidence
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bigfoot News
Bigfoot Evidence
Bigfoot Evidence
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

No Place for "Moderates" at this Forum

+5
CMcMillan
Woodwose
letsfindem
Kel
9 posters

Go down

No Place for "Moderates" at this Forum Empty No Place for "Moderates" at this Forum

Post  Kel Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:44 am

The Blog Comments have been over-run by Taterhole & Company (usually setting up his own jokes and answering them), and the Faithful who toss back crude references to "JREF'ers" at every turn. This Forum has been over-taken, IMO, by certain bully moderators who allow no room for dissent per their personal Beliefs.

Not every Believer ~

Believes the PGF
Believes Sas are human
Believes Sas have psychic powers
Believes Sas move through underground portals
Believes Sas braid horses' tails
Believes Dr Ketchum will pass peer-review
...and so on

Most Skeptics ~
Would love nothing more than to see Bigfoot proven to exist. Who wouldn't? Case in point ~ Michael Merchant (Mr Scientific Approach Only). He stubbornly stands his ground demanding proof, but will gladly welcome a new critter to his woods.

The topic of Bigfoot is black, white, and every shade of gray in between.

I'm terribly bothered that a long-term commentor on the Blog (and respected Believer) like Tzieth feels he can't freely speak his mind here due to bullying behavior from the Mods. I'm bothered that StankApe is accused of "belittling and shoving around" somebody because he uttered the simple words "I think you don't understand this very well" (which the person he directed that comment to later agreed with). I'm bothered that repetitive stalking and name-calling is allowed to stand ~ so long as it comes from a Believer. Worse yet when it comes from a Mod, as is happening.

Shawn, is this really how you want your Forum to be?
Kel
Kel

Back to top Go down

No Place for "Moderates" at this Forum Empty Re: No Place for "Moderates" at this Forum

Post  letsfindem Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:04 am

Kel, I could not agree more. I think Stank as got a bad a rap and the fact he cannot post without been attacked is ridiculous. When this occurs, and it happens on most threads more often then not, it muddys up the conversation. I know Iam not the only one that feels this way. It makes it hard on the new people, like myself, to post and joining the conversation, let alone want to. Its a shame tzeith feels that way because, me being a believer myself, enjoy hearing what he has to say. I have the same feeling towards Stank. He brings alot to the table but when he is constantly being harassed and having to defend himself, it takes away from the conversation at hand. Im glad that something finally got said. And I think alot of people are fed up because this is not the first time it has been brought up. Once again, it is taking up time, taking up posts and threads, and taking away from the conversation at hand. Some might say if you dont like, ignore it, or whatever. At this point, it can't be ignored. Its everywhere.

I came to this forum to get away from the atomsphere of the blog and its ridiculousness and negativity, but this forum is heading down the same path...hopefully something is done to fix this problem.
letsfindem
letsfindem

Back to top Go down

No Place for "Moderates" at this Forum Empty Re: No Place for "Moderates" at this Forum

Post  Woodwose Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:02 am

StankApe can be his own worst enemy sometimes, but then again I can appreciate how his attitude is probably born out of frustration with dealing with the same circular arguments over and over again.

When you repeatedly face the same non-argument and address it many different ways to no avail, there is always going to come a tipping point where you just want to scream 'why can't you get this into your thick skull?'. I try not to let myself get to that point, which is one of the reasons I've taken a little break from the forum.

I do however think that the current accusations of bullying are completely unjustified. If what he does is bullying, then so is the insistence that we should respect the craziest of BF theories and leave woolly thinking unchallenged.
Woodwose
Woodwose

Back to top Go down

Post  CMcMillan Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:56 am

Kel,

Stank was Being Passive agressive in his Posts last night.
He started his whole analogy of Big Hollywood Scifi Aliens and when I responded that it wasn't a very good analogy and then told him why he decided to make a Snide remark about me winning. It isn't about winnging. Its about have a discussion.

I posted something that had happend to ME personally and he Posted a basic attack of what had happened basically calling me out on what had happened. I guess this is the way this forum wants to be. Not have people share their stories and let a Mod Like Stank Jump on them and go Bullshit?

I feel this is a good place for Skeptics but when people post their Beliefs and Uses Stanks Ideas of I believe he jumps in and belittles them lets see If you believe to much then your Brain will fall out?
He didn't take time to read the posts before he wrote that. Its insulting, you may not have felt it was insulting but I did. especially when I gave examples of what the creatures were possibly.

I don't think People are going to jump on every skeptic if they present Ideas, but it is a give and take in these type of fields.
Stories are told and we find out centuries later oh look we found a Gaint squid, Komodo Dragon etc... So jumping on people for telling or sharing stories or saying their is ZERO evidence is not true. Their is Evidence it is just that some of these Skeptics do not like the current Evidence we have.
The issue is yes we can find people who will try to discredit ANY and EVERYTHING and that is not always accurate a Skeptic should in MY OPINION be looking at the people who are Discrediting the Idea just as much.

I get Stank is sick of the "Outlandish" stories of Bigfoot but that doesn't give him the right to be mean to others which he has been at times when someone brings it up.

I see Stank talking about how we should all talk in MY Opinion My Belief etc... that he says this is how we will get along better. But he still has pounced on people.
He is not presenting his responses in a respectuful manner any better than I do.

~edit~
P.s. I will stop responding to any of Stank's posts. I have asked for some more re-organization of the forums so that We can have discussions on other topics such as UFO's and other Paranormal and other cryptic's.
P.s Kell, the mods are actually doing a very good Job I have been asked to lay off, so they are being fair to Stank and other skeptics. They have even removed some of my posts as well as Stanks.

CMcMillan
CMcMillan

Back to top Go down

No Place for "Moderates" at this Forum Empty Not here to Argue

Post  ***** Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:59 am

I'm not here to argue with you guys, but moderating this forum is completely voluntary, and most don't want to spend the time or effort doing so.

None of the moderators are bullies. We are people, and we have differing standards of what's productive to discussion, and what incites flaming or circular arguments that derails threads.

We are not perfect, and we make mistakes too. Our goal is to have a forum where everyone feels included regardless of viewpoint, as long as they make an effort to show respect for others, and the group as a whole doesn't suffer from their presence. We don't live on the forum, and most of us have jobs and some have families. We are volunteering our time, and believe me being a moderator is not a barrell of fun.

I respect all members here, and all viewpoints, as do all of the moderators. We do not cater to those that share our beliefs. We do appreciate a minimal level of respect, and most of these skeptic v. proponent arguments of late, are amongst only a handful of the most frequent visitors to this forum. Argument and debate is part of the BF world and always will be, but posts that incite flaming, or containing personal insults, and derisive commentary attacking the poster themselves are out of line.

If you don't agree with how the forum is administrated and moderated you have a voice and we appreciate your commentary. We can absorb criticism, and we will read and listen to what you have to say. Support and appreciation for the time and effort we put in would be welcomed as well.

Back to top Go down

Post  CMcMillan Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:06 am

I apologize to all the people and the forum mods that i get cranky and to emotional about some topics.

All I can do is try to do better to not let certain comments get to me or certain posters.
It is hard for me to all sudden forget some of the Past issues of a couple of posters.

I will try my best to let it go.

Cath
CMcMillan
CMcMillan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sweetsusiq Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:37 pm

If any of you have any concerns please feel free to contact me here, or by email: sedlaklinda@yahoo.com
All of us want this to be a place where believers and skeptics can "Discuss" issues as adults. We have people with lots of experience dealing and regarding all things BF, and we have others who are just curious. I sincerely believe if you have nothing to add to a topic that you have already said a dozen different ways to Sunday on the same topic, then just let it drop. Ardent skeptics will not believe in what most believers will say regarding BF, even those who have had sightings, and personal experiences due to research, or encounters, such as I had with a BF, will not convince some skeptics. They will only believe if they have a close encounter themselves in board daylight so that there is no question as to what they saw. Possibly the Ketchum Project may not even convince them, who knows? However, we are adults, and beating a dead horse gets us "no-where".
Sweetsusiq
Sweetsusiq

Back to top Go down

Post  Sweetsusiq Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:44 pm

Kel wrote:The Blog Comments have been over-run by Taterhole & Company (usually setting up his own jokes and answering them), and the Faithful who toss back crude references to "JREF'ers" at every turn. This Forum has been over-taken, IMO, by certain bully moderators who allow no room for dissent per their personal Beliefs.

Not every Believer ~

Believes the PGF
Believes Sas are human
Believes Sas have psychic powers
Believes Sas move through underground portals
Believes Sas braid horses' tails
Believes Dr Ketchum will pass peer-review
...and so on

Most Skeptics ~
Would love nothing more than to see Bigfoot proven to exist. Who wouldn't? Case in point ~ Michael Merchant (Mr Scientific Approach Only). He stubbornly stands his ground demanding proof, but will gladly welcome a new critter to his woods.

The topic of Bigfoot is black, white, and every shade of gray in between.

I'm terribly bothered that a long-term commentor on the Blog (and respected Believer) like Tzieth feels he can't freely speak his mind here due to bullying behavior from the Mods. I'm bothered that StankApe is accused of "belittling and shoving around" somebody because he uttered the simple words "I think you don't understand this very well" (which the person he directed that comment to later agreed with). I'm bothered that repetitive stalking and name-calling is allowed to stand ~ so long as it comes from a Believer. Worse yet when it comes from a Mod, as is happening.

Shawn, is this really how you want your Forum to be?
Please contact me, I'm a female mod, and I can ask people to "tone it down" and now that I have the time to hang out here, I will be helping with problems. I'm rational, and I'm not hot headed, nor an angry type of person, however, I will not allow others to be abused here. Take my word on that. I'm sorry that I've been tied up for the past several months with a project, but it is completed now, and I will be hanging out here with you guys and gals.
Sweetsusiq
Sweetsusiq

Back to top Go down

No Place for "Moderates" at this Forum Empty Re:Not here to Argue

Post  SasquaiNation Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:33 pm

I'm not here to argue with you guys, but moderating this forum is completely voluntary, and most don't want to spend the time or effort doing so.

None of the moderators are bullies. We are people, and we have differing standards of what's productive to discussion, and what incites flaming or circular arguments that derails threads.

We are not perfect, and we make mistakes too. Our goal is to have a forum where everyone feels included regardless of viewpoint, as long as they make an effort to show respect for others, and the group as a whole doesn't suffer from their presence. We don't live on the forum, and most of us have jobs and some have families. We are volunteering our time, and believe me being a moderator is not a barrell of fun.

I respect all members here, and all viewpoints, as do all of the moderators. We do not cater to those that share our beliefs. We do appreciate a minimal level of respect, and most of these skeptic v. proponent arguments of late, are amongst only a handful of the most frequent visitors to this forum. Argument and debate is part of the BF world and always will be, but posts that incite flaming, or containing personal insults, and derisive commentary attacking the poster themselves are out of line.

If you don't agree with how the forum is administrated and moderated you have a voice and we appreciate your commentary. We can absorb criticism, and we will read and listen to what you have to say. Support and appreciation for the time and effort we put in would be welcomed as well.

I consider myself to be a person of much patience and understanding, although that isn't always evident.Having said that, I have the following to say and I'm sure it will be deleted pronto.

NOBODY speaks on my behalf without consulting me first. If you wish to speak for yourself, that's fine with me but do not lump all moderators in to your post.
I'm tired of YOU belittling StankApe in one breath, then deleting his comments with the other. Arbitrarily deleting comments because YOU dislike someone is immature and not befitting a moderator.
I'm tired of watching a certain someone stalking him, poking him with a stick until he cracks, and then cry when he fights back. It's simply uncalled for.

I came to this forum to converse with adults, not "taterholes" or self righteous, pedestal sitting snobs. It's for this reason that I have resigned as moderator on this forum. So there you go, one more dissenting voice gone among the others who have already left this forum.
YOU speak like you run this place. You do NOT, Shawn does.

Goodnight.

SasquaiNation

Back to top Go down

No Place for "Moderates" at this Forum Empty no moderates..

Post  Blondie1 Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:41 pm

Oh No SasquaiNation, please don't. You are a voice of reason. Please don't resign.
Blondie1
Blondie1

Back to top Go down

No Place for "Moderates" at this Forum Empty no moderates.

Post  SasquaiNation Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:44 pm

Blondie1 wrote:Oh No SasquaiNation, please don't. You are a voice of reason. Please don't resign.

I already have. Enough is enough. When I get mad, I get mad. At this moment I am fuming.

SasquaiNation

Back to top Go down

No Place for "Moderates" at this Forum Empty new forum

Post  Admin Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:10 pm

There's a new forum under "Bigfoot Stuff (Un-moderated). Please move your discussions there if your comments are being deleted by moderators.

Thanks
Shawn

Admin
Admin

https://bigfoot.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down