Bigfoot Evidence
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bigfoot News
Bigfoot Evidence
Bigfoot Evidence
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Who should I report my sighting to?

+12
GT3Paul
oldtimer
jan1033
StankApe
BurdenOfProof
Bigfoot Bode
CMcMillan
DPinkerton
Kel
Danny Squatchanini
SasquaiNation
sbizkit38
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who should I report my sighting to? Empty Who should I report my sighting to?

Post  sbizkit38 Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:43 pm

I had a sighting about 17 years ago, and it changed my whole life, (not for the better either). I got hurt at work, so I had a lot of time on my hands, so I have been really jumping into the subject of Sasquatch in the last year, by looking at all the different Bigfoot web-sites. I should tell you that prior to this past year, I would not have discussed Sasquatch to my closest friends, much less total strangers. I finally got up the courage to sit down in front of my computer and compose an e-mail about what I saw, who I was with, what has happened in my life as a result of seeing these creatures. I chose a Bigfoot group that is pretty close to my state, mainly because the guy who runs it, I do not wish to name any names (big bald guy in camouflage running around up in Whitehall NY). This person seemed very nice, which I am sure that he is. He e-mailed me back promptly, giving me his personal phone number, telling me to give him a call. which I did but he was busy doing something. I called back, no answer....I called back yet once more... no answer, leaving messages both times.

I would like to clear something up right now, I was not looking for anything other than a forum to get that burden of seeing multiple creatures on a dark road off my chest. All I thought anyone would do was to read my e-mail and to maybe e-mail me back and say " yes, I know where you are coming from, I have been there and this is what I did about it, or maybe even got me in contact with someone with a very similar story". My story is probably not that big of a deal to most. I am sure there are a million sightings that are a lot more exciting than mine. But I feel like I put myself out there, and I got a door slammed in my face by a person, or a group, that should know better. I shouldn't had to worry about being shut out by a person that says they are trying to build a data base, based on sightings, when this person does not care about a sighting!

I know that people get busy, and I am sure that the before mentioned Sasquatch group are great people. I just was hoping to be treated with a small amount of respect by this "great Bigfoot tracker". OK, I am done crying on everyone's shoulder...but if anyone might know who I could e-mail, or talk to about my sightings, I would like to get it off my chest.....again. Thanks for your time.

sbizkit38

sbizkit38

Back to top Go down

Who should I report my sighting to? Empty Re:Who should I report my sighting to?

Post  SasquaiNation Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:49 pm

Send Shawn an email detailing what you would like to do. Maybe he can put you in contact with someone.

bigfootevidence(at)gmail.com

Shawn is a really nice guy, and very helpful.

SasquaiNation

Back to top Go down

Who should I report my sighting to? Empty Re: Who should I report my sighting to?

Post  sbizkit38 Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:15 pm

Thank you for such a prompt answer to the question that I posted! I will take your advice and e-mail Shawn. Thanks again.

sbizkit38

Back to top Go down

Who should I report my sighting to? Empty Re: Who should I report my sighting to?

Post  Danny Squatchanini Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:47 am

I"d like to go up to Whitehall and do some camping and searching up there.
Danny Squatchanini
Danny Squatchanini

Back to top Go down

Post  Kel Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:51 am

sbizkit38 wrote: "... I was not looking for anything other than a forum to get that burden of seeing multiple creatures on a dark road off my chest..."

You have that forum right here, sbizkit, and maybe others have had very similar experiences or unexplained episodes in your same area over the years. I'd like to hear it ... Smile

I'm afraid research groups are bound to give first priority to "hot" cases involving current action. Also, it's the BFRO that maintains the largest database of sightings, so I'd add mine to that, rather than a smaller group's.

Good luck!

Kel
Kel

Back to top Go down

Post  Kel Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:31 am

Sheesh Burden. The guy saw something a long time ago, and it's messed with his head. He'd like to discuss it, report it to a database, and asked where he could do that. Pretty simple, and whether or not it was a Bigfoot is irrelevant at this point. I wish you wouldn't hijack every thread into a debate on their existence.
Kel
Kel

Back to top Go down

Post  Kel Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:42 am

BurdenOfProof wrote:
Kel wrote:Sheesh Burden. The guy saw something a long time ago, and it's messed with his head. He'd like to discuss it, report it to a database, and asked where he could do that. Pretty simple, and whether or not you believe he could have seen a Bigfoot is irrelevant. I wish you wouldn't hijack every thread into a debate on the existence of Bigfoot.

Why not? Should we all just ignore the massive elephant in the room and smile and nod and play happy families just accepting it exists?

If you saw a dark shape at night why not go post on a ghost forum or a dog man forum?

I understand what you're saying but there are other threads for that. It doesn't have to be jammed into every one, especially when IMO, you are reaching to put it there sometimes. Shit, now I'm contributing to the pollution on sbizkit's thread. Sorry!
Kel
Kel

Back to top Go down

Post  DPinkerton Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:04 am

Burden,

I am sure you have heard the saying "Myth is founded in reality"...or one of the many others like it. The "Myth" of bigfoot has been around long before families driving their suburbans into the woods to go camping, long before trails cams and night vision, back to the time of American Indian cave paintings.

We know the Myth...and now "we" are trying to identify the source of it.

What it is we do not know...but for everyone to share their experiences as they may potentially relate to the Myth is the logical and I might even say scientific approach to beginning the investigation. Quite the opposite of just saying "Oh no clue what I saw, I must be frikin nuts".

DPinkerton

Back to top Go down

Post  CMcMillan Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:12 am

BurdenOfProof wrote:
Kel wrote:Sheesh Burden. The guy saw something a long time ago, and it's messed with his head. He'd like to discuss it, report it to a database, and asked where he could do that. Pretty simple, and whether or not you believe he could have seen a Bigfoot is irrelevant. I wish you wouldn't hijack every thread into a debate on the existence of Bigfoot.

Why not? Should we all just ignore the massive elephant in the room and smile and nod and play happy families just accepting it exists?

If you saw a dark shape at night why not go post on a ghost forum or a dog man forum?

You are not taking in the content of where they are or what they may have seen.
I didn't see just a DARK Shape at night. It was during the day in the woods near a swampy area. From my recollection it just stood there when i saw it. I turned and bolted. I told the rest of the group what I saw and we all went to look for it. It wasn't around.

But you are just up and dismissing people for no good reason except to try to get a rise out of people. This is your real psychological issue. IS you want to see how you can get people pissed at you on a forum where you apparently don't believe in the creature being discussed.
CMcMillan
CMcMillan

Back to top Go down

Who should I report my sighting to? Empty Burden is being a burden

Post  Bigfoot Bode Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:55 pm

I fully believe that everybody has a right to express themselves and give their own opinion. You can't tell this person what they saw. You were not there and did not see what this person saw. You can give your opinion about what you think they might of seen by the information given but that is it. When you act that way you become the burden of this forum. That is all. afro
Bigfoot Bode
Bigfoot Bode

Back to top Go down

Post  BurdenOfProof Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:17 pm

Bigfoot Bode wrote:I fully believe that everybody has a right to express themselves and give their own opinion. You can't tell this person what they saw. You were not there and did not see what this person saw. You can give your opinion about what you think they might of seen by the information given but that is it. When you act that way you become the burden of this forum. That is all. afro

+1 you made me laugh
BurdenOfProof
BurdenOfProof

Back to top Go down

Post  CMcMillan Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:21 pm

Bigfoot Bode wrote:I fully believe that everybody has a right to express themselves and give their own opinion. You can't tell this person what they saw. You were not there and did not see what this person saw. You can give your opinion about what you think they might of seen by the information given but that is it. When you act that way you become the burden of this forum. That is all. afro

Yea but the freaking person didn't even really tell the story before Mr Burden jumps in and just says you didn't see anything it was all made up and all the person was asking for is how and to whom they can report it too.
That is being a JERK not a Skeptic
CMcMillan
CMcMillan

Back to top Go down

Post  BurdenOfProof Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:32 pm

CMcMillan wrote:

Yea but the freaking person didn't even really tell the story before Mr Burden jumps in and just says you didn't see anything it was all made up and all the person was asking for is how and to whom they can report it too.
That is being a JERK not a Skeptic

Not at all.

50000 reports and where has that got us? Nowhere.

Go figure.
BurdenOfProof
BurdenOfProof

Back to top Go down

Post  StankApe Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:42 pm

I'm a bit skeptical of the "all shook up and terrified for years" stuff. I have seen people die at close range and I'm still not as troubled by it as the OP seems to be about a possible sighting of an unknown animal in the woods 17 years ago....... That seems a bit timid to me. It reeks of trying to "join in" by making up a story and adding all the right notes to excuse why it's never been mentioned before...

that or their imagination got the best of them, if they are so easily intimidated
StankApe
StankApe

Back to top Go down

Post  CMcMillan Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:52 pm

Yea Stank let me guess you were a War Vet now too. Having seen so many people die at close range?
Stop basing peoples reactions on your macho attitude which i personally feel is a crock of B.S.
So when you go in the woods and come across some HUGE animal that looks like it can rip you into shreds then you come to us and say Yea I not afraid of what I saw.

I really get why they banned you on the other forums you a JERK who claims he is 1 picture away from believing but your full of B.S. just like you claim Bfooters to be, your even more full of B.S. in my opinion.
To chicken shit to go in the woods your self and look for your own proof.

CMcMillan
CMcMillan

Back to top Go down

Who should I report my sighting to? Empty Simmer down!

Post  Bigfoot Bode Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:52 pm

Allright, everybody just calm down. Don't get caught up in the burden. It's not worth calling names and stooping to any levels. Just because one person is being a burden doesn't mean that everybody have the right to be. Maturity please. Express your feelings in a respectful manner. afro
Bigfoot Bode
Bigfoot Bode

Back to top Go down

Post  CMcMillan Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:59 pm

I apologize
CMcMillan
CMcMillan

Back to top Go down

Post  BurdenOfProof Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:09 pm

damn those meany horrible skeptics:( i want my mythical monkey man damn it:(
BurdenOfProof
BurdenOfProof

Back to top Go down

Post  StankApe Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:26 pm

I think Burden is having a little fun with y'all and you are getting a little overly worked up. For goodness sake we are talking about a giant man/ape critter roaming the countryside!!! If we can't have a little fun with that, then eeesh, what can we?
StankApe
StankApe

Back to top Go down

Post  SasquaiNation Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:46 pm

BurdenOfProof wrote:
CMcMillan wrote:
BurdenOfProof wrote:Firstly you did not see a bigfoot. They do not exist.

What you saw in the dark could have been any of the large known mammals that live there or a figment of your imagination.

Burden will you knock it off.
You have no IDEA what the person saw. Your not being a skeptic your now just trolling.

I have a pretty good idea that Bigfoot is not possible or plausible. I did not randomly pluck that idea out of thin air like some of your ideas. That is a reasoned and logical idea that is supported by the scientific community.

All this is is another story. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Burden, that was really uncalled for and unfair to someone looking for answers. The scientific community has, and will be wrong in the future.
You have no idea what this person saw. I understand your skepticism, but good lord. Nobody is telling you that you need to hear his/her story.
Try to lighten up a bit and maybe phrase your opinions a bit nicer.
That's my opinion as a member of the forum.

SasquaiNation

Back to top Go down

Post  jan1033 Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:51 am

@skizbit, I initially reported my sighting to BFRO since they were the first name that came up when I googled Bigfoot yrs ago. I think more importantly than "where" is that you "do" report it since imo any legit. researchers should check out those more well known forums and glean insight from them. The more evidence, even anecdotal, the more they could see where to look. I remember seeing a big game hunter saying that about finding the bongo, the more evidence they collected via stories, the more they knew where to actually find it.
I feel your pain though, it is a life changing experience.

jan1033

Back to top Go down

Post  oldtimer Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:45 pm

noble, i could not agree with you more. these "people" hijacked this topic on the fourth post. all this person wanted was some info. instead, they have been branded as crazy or mistaken or flat out being a liar. ive been down that road before. but usually in a face to face discussion. not from some thugs hiding behind a key board.
these id jerks need to get a life or learn some manners.

oldtimer

Back to top Go down

Post  oldtimer Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:09 pm

you a just a bully ive seen them before and ill see them again. you are disrespecful a know it all and love to push people around. so keep hiding behind your key board and get your jollies. to me you are nothing.

oldtimer

Back to top Go down

Post  CMcMillan Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:11 pm

StankApe wrote:I'm not a troll... You just are a too thinly skinned. If you can't take someone reading a post and coming to the conclusion it isn't up to snuff then I don't know what to say to you.

The things that don't add up:

as stated, the OP admits that a sighting has caused him great distress for 17 years..... I have seen some terrible things in my time up close and personal and they don't haunt me . I find it hard to believe that a sighting of an unknown animal would cause such distress. The only solution to said distress is a pre-existing condition on the part of the initial poster and/or he's full of it.

If you scan the various Bigfoot boards, you will see lots of people faking sightings to "fit in" they tend to mimic other sightings and they also tend to put lots of age on there to make it seem more plausible.

Maybe he isn't full of it or has a schizophrenic condition. But I find his story very hard to believe. and with no evidence to back it up, it carries as much weight as the $25,000 dragon I have for sale. It lives in a box, but it disappears if you open the box. see what I mean?

Maybe people are a little more timid up where you come from, but it's one thing to say something got you rattled when you spotted it, and something else to say it has traumatized you for 17 years. This doesn't seem odd to you?

Or are you too busy being full of rage because someone said something on the internet? lol

You are an arogant individual and now your just trolling putting your VIEW on to someone elses Personal experience
You were not there to experience what they saw or had happened.
So please get over your self
Not everyone in the world acts like you.
CMcMillan
CMcMillan

Back to top Go down

Post  CMcMillan Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:13 pm

oldtimer wrote:you a just a bully ive seen them before and ill see them again. you are disrespecful a know it all and love to push people around. so keep hiding behind your key board and get your jollies. to me you are nothing.

Yes a Troll who makes up all these credentials to make him feel good about himself.
Stank the Astrology student
Stank the Physics Student
Stank the Film Student
Stank the H1N1 journal writer to be published in 2013
Stank the Vet of seeing many people die in front of him

So what the hell is next Stank the Alien from Krypton?
CMcMillan
CMcMillan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next