Bigfoot Evidence
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bigfoot News
Bigfoot Evidence
Bigfoot Evidence
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Too Good to be True?

+3
MylesLI
DPinkerton
7 posters

Go down

Too Good to be True? Empty Too Good to be True?

Post  ***** Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:52 pm

Is the bigfoot legend just too good to be true?

All over the world people report and claim to see generally the same type of creature.

Could it just be part of something hardwired into the human psyche? A mass delusion? Is it just a Romantic idea, or the product of old Indian legend designed to keep the little ones from straying too far?

What makes you question the reality of bigfoot?

Last edited by NobleSavage on Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Too Good to be True? Empty Re: Too Good to be True?

Post  DPinkerton Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:10 pm

NobleSavage wrote:Is it just a Romantic idea, or the product of old Indian legend designed to keep the little ones from straying too far?

I am a firm believer that legends are derived from real events or things people have seen.

DPinkerton

Back to top Go down

Too Good to be True? Empty Realism..

Post  ***** Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:22 pm

DPinkerton wrote:
NobleSavage wrote:Is it just a Romantic idea, or the product of old Indian legend designed to keep the little ones from straying too far?

I am a firm believer that legends are derived from real events or things people have seen.

I can see that......although we have a tendency to exaggerate, and embellish from time to time.

To me bigfoot seems much more probable than Medusa, The Kraken, Alien visitation.

I guess I'm a realist for the most part aside from what I've felt, seen and heard my own self! What a judgemental prick I am!

LOL

Back to top Go down

Too Good to be True? Empty Too good to be true?

Post  MylesLI Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:50 pm

DPinkerton wrote:

I understand that we have always had myths and legends to explain seemingly alien, divine, or magical experiences but Bigfoot/Yeti encounters are more in the realm of elusive animals that are part of the natural ecosystem. I prefer to look at all the evidence and witnesses at face value and try to determine their motive to lie. It's the video or encounter that defies that determination that keeps me coming back for more. I'm hooked on the chase!

MylesLI

Back to top Go down

Post  Tzieth Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:34 pm

Well.. not more probable than "The Kraken" AKA Giant Squid... Those are no longer Cryptids lol.

Oh and to avoid confusion, the Humboldt Squid is NOT the Giant Squid.
Giant Squid
" The giant squid (genus: Architeuthis) is a deep-ocean dwelling squid in the family Architeuthidae, represented by as many as eight species. Giant squid can grow to a tremendous size (see Deep-sea gigantism): recent estimates put the maximum size at 13 metres (43 ft) for females and 10 metres (33 ft) for males from caudal fin to the tip of the two long tentacles (second only to the colossal squid at an estimated 14 metres (46 ft),[1] one of the largest living organisms). The mantle is about 2 metres (6.6 ft) long (more for females, less for males), and the length of the squid excluding its tentacles is about 5 metres (16 ft). Claims of specimens measuring 20 metres (66 ft) or more have not been scientifically documented.
On September 30, 2004, researchers from the National Science Museum of Japan and the Ogasawara Whale Watching Association took the first images of a live giant squid in its natural habitat.[2] Several of the 556 photographs were released a year later. The same team successfully filmed a live adult giant squid for the first time on December 4, 2006.[3]"

Humboldt Squid
"The Humboldt squid (Dosidicus gigas), also known as jumbo squid, jumbo flying squid, pota or diablo rojo (Spanish for 'red devil'), is a large, predatory squid living in the waters of the Humboldt Current in the eastern Pacific Ocean. They are most commonly found at depths of 200 to 700 m (660 to 2,300 ft), from Tierra del Fuego to California. Recent findings suggest the range of this species is spreading north into the waters of Oregon, Washington, British Columbia, and Alaska.[1][2] Though they usually prefer deep water, between 1,000 and 1,500 squid washed up on the Long Beach Peninsula in southwest Washington in the fall of 2004.[3] They have also ventured into Puget Sound.[4]" (Both sources from wikipedia)

Damn, I did not know those are now up here :O Humboldts are known to attack humans and I used to go diving in Puget Sound back when I was in the Army Shocked

Anyway my point is that many "Cryptids" are now confirmed creatures.. Even the Gorilla was once a Cryptid.
Tzieth
Tzieth

Back to top Go down

Post  fish91 Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:03 am

It's a glitch in the matrix nothing more Very Happy

I never had an experience so I go by what evidence and story's others provide and I refuse to believe all of them are just a bunch of random liers spread around the globe. What's out there I have no clue, but it's real...

fish91

Back to top Go down

Post  dingo3497 Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:49 am

To much evidence pointing towards an actual creatures.

I had an experience when I was a young man deer hunting. I saw an unknown type creature and 20 years later while hiking with my family I encountered another type creature in a cave. These events all occurred in Va. not necessarily considered a hotbed for the unexplained. IMO
dingo3497
dingo3497

Back to top Go down

Too Good to be True? Empty unknown

Post  Blondie1 Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:57 pm

dingo3497 wrote:To much evidence pointing towards an actual creatures.

I had an experience when I was a young man deer hunting. I saw an unknown type creature and 20 years later while hiking with my family I encountered another type creature in a cave. These events all occurred in Va. not necessarily considered a hotbed for the unexplained. IMO

Thanks dingo, I wish you'd share a little more about you experiences with us.
Blondie1
Blondie1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down